Coronavirus: Continuing Vigilance

Amentep

This is why China is going to win.

Let's face it: America's real problem is not Trump, not Democrats or Republicans. America's real problem is... the low quality of the American people.

I'm not entirely know how America has devolved to this point. IMO it's probably a toxic mix of Evangelism (stupidity) and libertarianism (immorality) that started in the 1960s and, over the decades, has taken over the whole country and culture. Nowadays too many Americans are just... low quality, of much lower quality than people from so many other countries. And it ain't the fault of immigrants, because look at all these low-quality people... they are all white. And that's not something that any government, politician or system can fix.  Republicans can't fix it. Democrats can't fix it. Seriously, I really don't think a nation filled with people of this quality will be able to compete against China. Say whatever you want about Chinese: that  Chinese are dishonest, deceptive, immoral, lack creativity, or whatever, but Chinese people are not this stupid, and certainly not to this degree or scale.   Ultimately, the quality of the people matters, for foundation and strength of a country... and all this just does not bore well for America. 

Edited by ktchong
  • Hmmm 2

ktchong is a CCP plant.  Get him!!!

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

29 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Chinese Communist Party. I could easily see ktchong being an astroturfer of some kind, but I don't know if I'd put money on the CCP.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

7 hours ago, ktchong said:

This is why China is going to win.

Let's face it: America's real problem is not Trump, not Democrats or Republicans. America's real problem is... the low quality of the American people.

I'm not entirely know how America has devolved to this point. IMO it's probably a toxic mix of Evangelism (stupidity) and libertarianism (immorality) that started in the 1960s and, over the decades, has taken over the whole country and culture. Nowadays too many Americans are just... low quality, of much lower quality than people from so many other countries. And it ain't the fault of immigrants, because look at all these low-quality people... they are all white. And that's not something that any government, politician or system can fix.  Republicans can't fix it. Democrats can't fix it. Seriously, I really don't think a nation filled with people of this quality will be able to compete against China. Say whatever you want about Chinese: that  Chinese are dishonest, deceptive, immoral, lack creativity, or whatever, but Chinese people are not this stupid, and certainly not to this degree or scale.   Ultimately, the quality of the people matters, for foundation and strength of a country... and all this just does not bore well for America. 

Oh no the Chinese are even more stupid than the Americans, the perfect example of this is the genesis of the virus and how it came from an  exotic animal market...think about how stupid you must be to know that viruses have come more than once from these markets and animals and you still allow them to continue to be open?

And to make things worse and to highlight how stupid the Chinese are they are worlds experts on viruses because most of these global viruses like SARS come from your own country ....yet you dont do anything about it until Corona. The Chinese kept all exotic animal markets open until now ....now that is stupid 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Chinese Communist Party. I could easily see ktchong being an astroturfer of some kind, but I don't know if I'd put money on the CCP.

I also doubt he is CCP because he is so obvious with his trolling and support for China he undermines them ....proper CCP internet propaganda is generally more subtle on any english forum. He would be a really bad CCP agent if he was being paid to be one  

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I love that they did it in preparation of the beaches re-opening after six weeks of being closed down. Any trace of coronavirus would've died off by then: just killing the normal life there.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I want to see VP Pence do a tour of an active meat packing plant. Maskless, so he can "look people in the eyes". (Seriously, what the actual f*ck?) Come on, suck it up buttercup. 😷

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I love that they did it in preparation of the beaches re-opening after six weeks of being closed down. Any trace of coronavirus would've died off by then: just killing the normal life there.

Furthermore, there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in that township.

This is the result of two months of non-stop plague journalism. It's easy to point and laugh at the genius who came up with this idea, but what the news don't tell you is how hysterical the autochthonous karens and kyles have got about this. I have very little doubt that many people would have considered it a great idea if some ecologist hadn't raised a huge stink. It's to protect the children, you can never be too careful, and so on.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

23 hours ago, BruceVC said:

And to make things worse and to highlight how stupid the Chinese are they are worlds experts on viruses because most of these global viruses like SARS come from your own country ....yet you dont do anything about it until Corona. The Chinese kept all exotic animal markets open until now ....now that is stupid 

They did do something... arrested the whistleblower who tried to warn the world and he was dead shortly after 😇

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

45 minutes ago, Gorth said:

They did do something... arrested the whistleblower who tried to warn the world and he was dead shortly after 😇

You right I did forget that, the Chinese did do something.....obfuscated  and tried to hide the truth in the beginning ..as usual

Gorthfuscious, you want to see  something scary. Read the article below ( I included 2 similar ones because you may not be able to access NYT ) to see how naive and generally misinformed we were about the true nature of the virus. The article seems almost surreal and hard to think anyone could have believed that about the virus ...and a huge part of this is because of how China didnt reveal the true nature as far as they did indeed know it 

This article is dated 20/01/2020...the first case of the virus in there country was the 1/12/2019 so they would definitely seen more of the real impact and spread  in 50 days 

And this is the country some people are suggesting is going to become the next world leader 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/20/world/asia/coronavirus-china-symptoms.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/01/20/797926447/coronavirus-in-china-over-200-cases-human-to-human-transmission

Gorfuscious 

John Milton 

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

\This article is dated 20/01/2020...the first case of the virus in there country was the 1/12/2019 so they would definitely seen more of the real impact and spread  in 50 days 

And this is the country some people are suggesting is going to become the next world leader

The first link worked fine. NYT encourages people to sub, but I don't think they enforce it (although The Guardian is normally my goto paper newpaper sites)

Nothing new or surprising, as Australian news (ABC News) pretty much covered all these details as they unfolded. Like watching a car crash in slow motion, without any ability to avoid it. Nice to have it all in one place though.

I don't think China is destined for any greatness to be honest. Besides, the EU will fall more and more apart over the years and I would be surprised if the US is around in 100 years time (at least in a recognizable form)

Wealth inequality and debt fueled economy isn't working long term, social unrest will eventually be the end.

Anarchy Symbol Icon. Royalty Free Cliparts, Vectors, And Stock ...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

People tend to forget what the EU is good at versus what it is bad at. It's really good at being a growth factor in the economies, it's less good at being a political entity, and less good at handling a crisis. But... If we don't want a European superstate then what we have is not going to be good at handling a crisis.  

You can't complain about both things at the same time. I think the political entity is going to be dialed back some, and that's not a bad outcome either. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

10 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

People tend to forget what the EU is good at versus what it is bad at. It's really good at being a growth factor in the economies, it's less good at being a political entity, and less good at handling a crisis. But... If we don't want a European superstate then what we have is not going to be good at handling a crisis.  

You can't complain about both things at the same time. I think the political entity is going to be dialed back some, and that's not a bad outcome either. 

In what way do you mean it is going to be dialed back some, can you give some practical examples so I understand the point you making?

John Milton 

2 hours ago, Gorgon said:

Less influence for the Eurpean Council and Parliament in recognition that it hasn't really handled either this or the previous crisis very well. The internal market will plow on, because it makes money.

Can you separate the influence of the European Council and Parliament  from the huge success of the EU single market? In other words the EU only really exists and is sustainable because of the huge economic and trade  benefits of the single market, its not a military union for example. But  it  requires certain rights to be driven and enforced from the overarching EU parliament  and this includes  regulations. 

I guess what Im asking is what specific laws or regulations do you think should change or will be changed in the future. I am no expert on EU laws so Im wanting to understand what you think will change 

My real concern is the reason why other unions like the Arab League and African Union have failed primarily is  because there is no enforcement of the laws and regulations that are suppose to create similar environments like the EU single market. So you need the influence and enforcement to ensure consensus which leads to economic growth and sustainability 

John Milton 

29 minutes ago, rjshae said:

This is great news, I was worried about what the stories of reinfection meant :thumbsup:

• Like 2

John Milton