Coronavirus: Continuing Vigilance

Amentep

In the newest actualization for the "Anticrisis shield" Polish Government in the spirit of helping everybody stuck at home adopted new tax for VOD providers.

That will help a lot...

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

9 hours ago, Skarpen said:

https://muckrack.com/avivah-wittenberg-cox

Quote "Writes for writes for HBR and FORBES, TEDx, FRSA" Who writes for journals? Could it be journalists?

Only if you change general meaning of a journalist - a person who writes news stories or articles for a newspaper or magazine or broadcasts them on radio or television

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/journalist

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

People click on ktchong's links ? Huh.

Somebody on the internet was wrong. Had to correct it....

Serious answer, someone was obviously trying to create a story based on falsehoods. Merkel failed badly (nowhere near the disaster that is Trump mind you) and does not in any way belong in a group with Taiwan and New Zealand when it comes to successfully dealing with the Covid19 outbreak

Obvious agenda is obvious

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

South Africa from 1/05/2020 has relaxed our initial level 5 restrictions to level 4, that means there is certain things we can now do like walking, cycling and jogging between 6am-9am only

I just went for my first real exercise in 6 weeks, a brisk and scenic 1 hour walk up to Table Mountain and back. I thought I would be much more unfit than I was and it went fine. I am going to include this routine every second day until the gyms are open again and safe to use 🏃‍♂️

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

Why did she failed badly?

Like just about every other European country, she (or the government of which she is the head) reacted slowly (slower than France and Spain)  and too cautious in the start phase. What saved Germany from outlandish mortality  figures were mostly two things, the country has a younger population and a very well funded health care system, so even if the infection rate is high, the mortality rate is like what? 1.5%?

Still, it leads to a game of catch up rather than nipping it in the bud with a quick and total lock down. The industrial power of Germany means, that they are now testing numbers where few other countries can keep up with.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Our government is both patting themselves on the back and running a major gaslighting campaign.

After watching Ischgl (Tyrol as a whole) export Corona literally everywhere else in the name of money tourism they issued a massive lockdown order with edicts that were (or rather, are going to be ruled) unconsititutional, gave law enforcement a carte blanche to harrass people as they please and now they're pretending that the orders were never meant to intrude upon private meetings or people's ability to go places as long as they keep the distance rules. It's ridiculous. Up until last week the police was forcefully breaking up private gatherings and issuing heavy fines and now we're supposed to believe that there never was a government mandated order to not go visit your friends and family? That they appealed to our better sense and everyone just stuck to it?

Several incidents of law enforcement breaking up private parties and heavily fining participants. People were accosted by the police for being outside all by themselves, fines given for other people passing by because distance. My neighbor was harrassed while she was waiting for her train to come after having to go to work, even with a permit. People with a holiday or weekend home were expressedly forbidden from going there (so how does that work if I'm allowed to drive around as long as I'm alone and I can do what I like at home?). 

Sure, there are bastards in the police and I suppose a bunch of them were using the situation to assert and exercise their power over the common man, but, yeah. They just acted like that because they wanted to, right? Not because that came down from the top. Riiiiiiiiiight. Sure.

Here's to hoping courts will see right through this charade and people hopefully won't be deterred from suing the manure out of the bastards. We get it, the lockdown was deemed necessary to contain the disease after reacting way too slowly after watching Italy for a while, and it might as well have been. Who knows. Hindisight is 20/20 and all that stuff, but really... just grow a spine and admit to messing it up. Sheesh.

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Ain't gonna happen.

It's so hip and cool to make twatter posts laughing about LARPers and beauty and the beast reenactors, but the fact remains that cops aren't harassing and beating the **** out of them, while the statist parasites in the capitol buildings they walk into are at least forced to listen to them protest.

The rest of us? Heh. I'll bet they are real worried about these angry posts popping up in places like forums.obsidian.net.

But hey, at least we didn't die from corona. And that's the only metric that matters, right?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well they are forced to hear. Sort of. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

‘Safe’ Becomes Rural Tourism Pitch to a Distancing Public

NO! No dammit! People who live in rural areas moved there to get away from these f-----s! Do NOT go inviting them out here now!

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

lmao imagine getting cucked and corona'd by one guy. If the husband doesn't beat the doctor's ass he's a failure.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Hmm. Beating his ass wouldn't be in compliance with the 6ft rule I don't think. And he MUST observe social distancing guidelines lest he become a "covidiot" himself!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

9 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Hmm. Beating his ass wouldn't be in compliance with the 6ft rule I don't think. And he MUST observe social distancing guidelines lest he become a "covidiot" himself!

Can throw an object at him.  Or maybe use a whip.

18 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Whip sales are probably off the charts right now. Back you kids, back. *crack* 😉

Extension cord works in a pinch.  West Indian parenting whip. 😛

20 hours ago, 213374U said:

If they both got the rona it's fine, if they don't there's always after quarantine. Either way, let them fight (eventually).

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands