Ways Malak could've been better....

How could Darth Malak been a better villain?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. How could Darth Malak been a better villain?

• Worn a different outfit
    • Not have a swollen ego
    • Using his brain instead of using idiotic strategies
    • Force choke a Sith officer
    • Kill a helpless Carth Onasi
    • Actually have a chance of being redeemed (like Revan & Bastila)
    • All of the above
    • None; Malak was doomed to be a total wuss

I didn't think Malak was as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Was he Darth Vader? No.

Was he the Emperor? No.

Was he a decent bad guy? Yes.

IMO, he was a poor man's Darth Vader. He relied more on brawn than brains (which is what Vader did).

He'll never go down in history among the great villains, but I never figured out why people thought he was absolutely horrible.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

All the above.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I didn't think Malak was as bad as everyone makes him out to be. 

Was he Darth Vader?  No.

Was he the Emperor?  No.

Was he a decent bad guy?  Yes.

You're right, Malak wasn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. But he was no Darth Vader. Vader and the Emperor had some intangable quality that Malak didn't have. The Star Forge battle didn't help Malak's cuase. Sure, he put a up a good fight, but he kept "re-charging" himself.

Still, it's just something I can't put my finger on, but something was missing.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Still, it's just something I can't put my finger on, but something was missing.

Malak was half the Sith Revan was. I think that's the problem with Malak, he was the apprentice pretending to be the master. I mean Darth Vader was great but he wasn't the master, Palpatine was.

Killing Carth would have made Malak my favourite character.devil-smiley-029.gifdevil-smiley-029.gif

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I put being redeamed, only becuase it is never to late to go back, and he relized it that it was never meant for him before he died.

however darth scion seems to befar gone and so far gone that he will not allow anyone to help him redeem himself. a truuly bitter man

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

In my opinion there were two problems with Malak. The first is he did not get rid of Carth for u when he had the chance post-1139-1093858548.gif. And second he was far too easy on the leviathan, it really pissed me off that just when u were about to beat him Bastila 'sacrifices' herself. WTF I was winning post-1139-1093858852.gif.

If he had been impossible to beat then fine but not when u can kick his ass. post-1139-1093858959.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I agree. On the Leviathan I was beating the crap out of Malak, then Bastile pops up with that cheesy, pathetic sacrifice attitude of hers, and everything just goes fubar.

Yes it makes me wanna post-1139-1093860299.gif

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

If he'd have stood his ground he'd have been better.

He runs from you on the Leviathan.

He sends Bastilla to killl you at the unknown world temple.

He sends his droids in first on the starforge

Then his soldiers

Then those 3 henchmen

Then more droids

Stand and fight! You're a Sith :angry: not an Onasi! :blink:

If he'd have stood his ground he'd have been better.

He runs from you on the Leviathan.

He sends Bastilla to killl you at the unknown world temple.

He sends his droids in first on the starforge

Then his soldiers

Then those 3 henchmen

Then more droids

Stand and fight!  You're a Sith  :angry: not an Onasi!  :blink:

post-1139-1093863558.gif Amen!

I wish he hadn't made quite so many stereotypical "bad guy" laughs...he just sounded loopy - not evil.

Plus the costume didn't do much for me. He looked like a bad super villain from the 50s.

How could he have been better?

Use his Wizards of the Coast D20 rules implementation, being a Jedi Guardian 11/Sith Lord 9 (or close fudge thereof) with more powers and stronger powers than his normal level allows, rather than just a Guardian 20 with super-high stats.

And take out those Jedi-in-a-can health packs of his, cause killing him nine times because you didn't take the 'right' powers is tedious. (Note to devs: If TSL does anything like that, I am gong to hunt you down. I know you can hear me. If you thought Carth suffered around here, you ain't seen nothng yet...)

He should have been more menacing. The shyte-for-brains he sent were wimps ("Lord Malak was most displeased" blah).

And he should have had hair. And maybe sideburns hangning down over the jaw prosthesis (sp?). B)

It wouldn't be bad if he looked a bit like Sephiroth.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

I thought malak looked fine, a decent evil villan outfit for a game. But he was a complete arse. I didn't think of the "bastila intervention" scene as much of anything besides an excuse to for bastila to turn againts u and malak to live to fight another day.

Malak could have won if he had:

A brain

Put the starforge in dreadnaught mode

Not relied on jedicell batteries, should have used energizer starforge edition after he was on his last leg, the force would have torn him apart durin the battle but atleast it would have been more interesting. Basicly a combination of the starforge's power and malak

Courage

Decent skills

Guidelines for sith lords:

Have a brain, and a manipulative one at that

Have courage not cowardice, u want ur master dead u fire on his ship, then finish the job, or better yet ambush him with sith assasains while they are fighting with a jedi boarding party

Have more of a connection then simply being the dark lord with him as the lowly aprentice, maby former comrades in arms or something

If they are going to die, let them try and take the PC with them, last vengance sort of thing

More mysterious

Redeemable if only for them to attempt to backstab the PC.

How could Malak have been a better sith lord? A jaw would be a good start....

No, Malak would need to be rebuilt from the ground up to qualify as a sith lord at all, he was doomed to be a total wuss.

I never would've expected such cowardice from someone claiming to be a Sith Lord. Even his braindead underlings had more courage (or was it the fact of them being braindead?... hmm...) to stand up and fight. I was soo expecting for him to scream "Mommy!" as he ran off after I handed his behind to him for the first time on the Star Forge... Not even killing Carth would've ever redeemed him in my eyes after that...

Verdict: Malak's a total wuss not worth ever being mentioned in the Star Wars history.