RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

11 more days...

Looks cool, but I noticed that my rig's graphics card misses out even on the min reqs. I had a hard time playing Assassin Creed on pretty low settings, so I guess I need to upgrade my pc soonish.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

11 more days...

From Software logo pops up on the screen

*Interest intensifies*

Activision logo pops up on the screen

*nervousness intensifies*

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hmm, the only Denuvo games I've played, it seems, are DA:I, Prey and AssCreed: Odyssey, and in part Dishonored 2 + Death of the Outsider (Denuvo was removed late last year for those two).

EDIT: I must add Sniper Elite IV and Total Warhammer II, both of which I have just played a bit so far.

But Monster Hunter World and Nier Automata are games I've been eyeing, and they have this system.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

11 more days...

*Interest intensifies*

They're just publishing the game, don't be such a moron. >_<

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The MMO came out in 2015; Japan only.

Apparently Hideaki Itsuno was given the opportunity to make DD2 or DMC5 and opted to go with DMC5.  So a lot of fans are hoping with DMC5 out that Itsuno will turn back the the DD franchise.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I haven't been following the development of the game so I don't know if Activision has left From Software completely alone to do the development or if they've stuck their nose in. I always get nervous when I see a name like EA or Activision attached to a seemingly promising project, for obvious reasons.
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Okay, so what the hell?

Well, now I've got 28 days to decide. Since there's no way for a backer to wait for a key on some other platform I'm leaning towards a refund. The other option I'm thinking about is something I can't post here, but it involves letting them keep my pledge and getting the game through some, uhm, different means of distribution.

I don't get why. I assume it's about money, of course, but what are the parties getting here? Epic gets a game that the teenage wangsters on Fortnite wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and Snapshot Games puts a game on Epic's store that nobody is going to buy there. Neither the backers nor the investors on Fig can't be happy with this move. I for sure am not.

• Like 7

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

well that is another game i was having in view to get I dont have to bother anymore, they are making it quite easy this year

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well that is annoying, I guess I will get a refund.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Seems like a strange move for Phoenix Point, considering they said it would be on Steam during the fig campaign (and the faq still says that.) I wonder if there is a miscommunication? I'd have no problem if it was on Epic a week or two early, but a year sounds crazy.

^ Not familiar with that game but seems like an icky thing to do, considering it was at least partly or mostly crowdfunded far as I can tell. Especially after that Metro backlash, that a small indie game would make that move seems odd and one does wonder exactly what benefit they see in it. I mean, if they like the Epic model so much they could wait until their next game to do it, for example. I wonder how many will demand that refund.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Meh, just means I won't buy it right away. Not because I hate epic store or something, but because I'm lazy.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It will get released on STEAM and GOG, but a year after being exclusive on the Epic store.

Pretty crappy of them, no doubt. Don't think I'll bother with the refund though. I backed it but haven't followed it at all so I guess it's no problem for me to wait if the Epic launcher is totally horrible (never used it myself).

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Meh, just means I won't buy it right away. Not because I hate epic store or something, but because I'm lazy.

I'm also lazy. Plus I've never been an early-ish adopter of things like "you must use/play it here" software clients. I wait and see where it goes/how it develops first. Didn't get onto Steam until 6 years went by.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

11 more days...

*Interest intensifies*

And only in the states and europe. In Japan and the rest of Asia, FromSoftware self-publishes.

Seems like a strange move for Phoenix Point, considering they said it would be on Steam during the fig campaign (and the faq still says that.) I wonder if there is a miscommunication? I'd have no problem if it was on Epic a week or two early, but a year sounds crazy.

They have clearly stated on the Phoenix Point website that backers will get the Epic Store key and then, after a year also a choice of either Steam or GOG.

https://phoenixpoint.info/epicfaq?_ga=2.50455979.366310557.1552422198-21793489.1539077113

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

ah cmon, its still a d1ck move for those who funded it. I would be furious if I backed it and expected it to get it on gog or steam

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

ah cmon, its still a d1ck move for those who funded it. I would be furious if I backed it and expected it to get it on gog or steam

It's even worse since they used the backer money to be able to make the game in the first place, then, when they have something they can shop around with they pull this bait and switch. Vile, just vile.

Epic gets a game that the teenage wangsters on Fortnite wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole

Possibly to diversify their user base beyond "Fortnite teenage wangsters".

**** move considering that this is altering the deal people went into shortly before it's their turn to deliver. Worst case scenario, they've effectively received a 0% interest loan from you and a few thousand more suckers. I'd bet most will cave and install EGS because "gamers" just can't go without their fix, and we don't know to what extent Snapshot are covered by their deal with Epic anyway.

However, do look on the bright side. When you finally get your Steam or GOG key, it'll be extra polished and complete with all bells and whistles.

And there's always Xenonauts 2.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Phoenix Point lost me when they cancelled the promised Linux port. They had a working Linux version too. Epic Store timed exclusivity doesn't really matter to me at this point, since I wasn't gonna get the game anyway, but it is a bummer.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸