Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

Nah, like LadyCrimson said in that other thread, it just takes a full evening in total, and sometimes my brain just needs this kind of click fest collecting games. In many ways, D3 and Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, which I've played a lot this autumn, are rather similar. The main difference is that AC:O is a RPG lite game and overall a wonderful environment explorer game, but all the fighting is harder, at least to me, since I simply have to use my controller, while in D3, I just keep grinding away, and the way I've built my Wizard, it's pretty much no real skill involved. I can really see why that sounds horrific to lots of people, but playing D3 is like binge-watching a decent series on Netflix. Afterwards, you aren't really sure that it was worth it, but while your doing it, the rumination value is excellent. Just chilling and escaping your everyday chores. Perhaps we should start watching TV with a clicker in one hand and pretend we play D3?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

One of those days where I'm quite happy without the full virtual reality experience. Those wastes and boiling pits are sulfur. Anyone remember from chemistry class what boiling sulfur smells like? Yeah, the rotten egg stench would probably have made my nostrils bleed! :grin:

a) Go here (Hverir, Iceland):

IMG_7816-X3.jpg

b) Cry a whole lot and start rethinking the life decisions which led up to the point of smelling that with dozens other tourists

I was here recently (Wai-o-tapu, NZ):

Wai-o-tapu-geothermal-park-rotorua-Lake-

And honestly, the smell wasn't all that bad. It didn't even cling to the clothes we were wearing. So I guess not all of those areas were created equally, or we got lucky with the weather, or, I guess, I don't mind sulphur all that much ;)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 3

@marelooke: Wow times a thousand! Surreal!!

Now I know where Josh got the inspiration for this area in Pillars of Eternity 1:

Gb6rCV.jpg

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

And honestly, the smell wasn't all that bad. It didn't even cling to the clothes we were wearing. So I guess not all of those areas were created equally, or we got lucky with the weather, or, I guess, I don't mind sulphur all that much ;)

Well it's just the mud which smelt so foul - I mean, Iceland is dotted with these colorful hot spring locations and there's a slight odor, but it's bearable and you can get used to it fairly quickly. The mud was quite extraordinary in that account.

Well, I'm still plugging away at D3. With a few days to spare, I finally got that Cow pet from the Darkening of Tristram event. It was very cute, and I used it for a day or so, but then, for the second time ever (Yes, I am that unlucky), I came across a pet-carrying goblin, and I managed to beat it down barely at Torment II difficulty, and the pet I got is now my favourite: The Bumble.

For the longest time my favorite remained the reddish fugly half-formed golem thingie pet which came with the ultimate/necro edition. I just liked the way it was animated when it ran around picking up gold, it was too funny. The two cows and the floating skulls are the only others I've liked much. Haven't gotten the Bumble yet - probably missing 4 or 5 pets (on non-seasonal chr).

but playing D3 is like binge-watching a decent series on Netflix.

lol - that's a pretty apt description of the current version of D3.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

D3-ps4-003.jpg

(video stills, extra fuzzy)
D3-ps4-001.jpg

Me: routinely/very frequently do 1-3billion crits
Mages: routinely do 300-500million
Skellies: routinely do 100-200million

So far: That plus gaining another 50 or so Paragon levels = still not quite enough to beat GR70 in time-limit (req. to have chance of Primals to drop). Some of it's rng on the dungeon and enemy types that spawns but I keep missing by 30, 60 seconds...bah. :p Edit: at least I'm close. Maybe another 50 P-lvls...

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Jeez, that's some number bloat

I know, right? It's ridiculous/funny. :biggrin: With 13+ difficulties and greater rifts going past that, not surprising I suppose.

...at least you can turn the numbers off. I only run them when I get curious about numerical "progress."

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2

Wow, I haven't played in such a long time I didn't even recognize that character screen, when was that changed?

I've been playing on PS4 this round (last time I played PC version was at original release, didn't feel like reinstalling it/blizzard service) so the UI is different for the controller. Most things are (so I read) pretty much the same otherwise between versions (minor update differences here and there at times).

Edit: I think Indira is playing PC version, from the screen

Edit edit: PS4 main Seasonal chr. menu/comparison:

D3-ps4-004a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2