This game is amazing. Well done Obsidian.

Just want to say that I think this game is amazing.

I played a little before 1.1 but wanted to wait until PoTD was tuned. Game is absolutely fantastic.

You guys have done an amazing job and it is important that you know that!

• Like 21

Pepper your angus for some REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

One of the hardcore members will come here just to comment on how he is wrong and point out how and where the game could have used improvement OR tell him his post is weird/creepy.

That about sum it up? Of course.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I've been playing it off and on for a few weeks, and so far it's quite similar to POE1 in that I just can't get absorbed into the game too much.  It seems to lack that all-consuming psychic grip that other games have on me.  I've been playing Battletech and that game is freaking addictive man.

That aside, the game is extremely nice.  It's like a fine wine, or whisky, or something similar, that is very nice but you don't scream for another after you've had one glass.

Or something.  It's hard to express in words.

• Like 4

Pepper your angus for some REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

One of the hardcore members will come here just to comment on how he is wrong and point out how and where the game could have used improvement OR tell him his post is weird/creepy.

That about sum it up? Of course.

Sounds about right.

It's like a fine wine, or whisky, or something similar, that is very nice but you don't scream for another after you've had one glass.

Sounds like the highest praise there could be. You know what is even better? Glass of whiskey and PoE.
  • Like 1

It's like a fine wine, or whisky, or something similar, that is very nice but you don't scream for another after you've had one glass.

Sounds like the highest praise there could be. You know what is even better? Glass of whiskey and PoE.

Yes, exactly, it should be taken as praise because it's meant as such, but the problem is that I don't feel myself gripped by the game, clamouring for more, like I would for, say, a glistening pint of my favourite beer, or some fried chicken.

• Like 1

Pretty solid game now that the difficulty is tuned correctly. I still have some issues with balancing and I really wish I would've waited until 1.1 for my first playthrough, but the world-building is amazing and the exploration aspect is as fun as any game I've played since the BG series. Neketaka alone would deserve some kind of award if awards existed for CRPG cities. Really well done.

• Like 3

Pretty solid game now that the difficulty is tuned correctly. I still have some issues with balancing and I really wish I would've waited until 1.1 for my first playthrough, but the world-building is amazing and the exploration aspect is as fun as any game I've played since the BG series. Neketaka alone would deserve some kind of award if awards existed for CRPG cities. Really well done.

the City Regulators Planning Guild award?

I agree - Neketaka was really well done (and thoroughly enjoying the rest of the game too :) )

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I've been playing it off and on for a few weeks, and so far it's quite similar to POE1 in that I just can't get absorbed into the game too much.  It seems to lack that all-consuming psychic grip that other games have on me.  I've been playing Battletech and that game is freaking addictive man.

That aside, the game is extremely nice.  It's like a fine wine, or whisky, or something similar, that is very nice but you don't scream for another after you've had one glass.

You have a peculiar experience with booze. :p

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Wow, a topic without "boohoo".

From me a big tnx too, Obsidian! I enjoy deadfire much and i am optimistic, that you will solve the last problems about bugs and balance.

I am looking forward the next patches and dlc/addons.

Wenn etwas auf facebook steht, dann muss es ja wahr sein! ;-)

I have to agree! Great game!

I rarely had this feeling of a believable world I wanna engage in, reminds me of the first Dragon Age.

A believable quest, and an enjoyable felling of progression by hiring crew and upgrading your ship.

It also brings back fond childhood memories of Baldurs Gate.

I also LOVE the scripted events, non-combat-situations have never been done better in any CRPG I ever played.

I'd wish the we'd already be able to to play the game in the polished state it will no doubt reach later this summer.

Then again, Baldurs Gate 2, as iconic as it was, never turned out to be overly balanced, despite being significantly less complex regarding character customization (warriors basically only autoattacked!). We expect significally more nowadays.

• Like 2

For me, it was just that every time I started getting wrapped up in exploration and other elements I'd realize I'm just slogging through encounter after encounter that are virtually indistinguishable because they're largely taking place in featureless rooms and I do the same **** every single fight regardless of what I'm facing since it's literally all I *could* do.  It's more than it's something I WANT to love, but it's just not there yet.  I've had more trouble pulling myself away from Tower of Time than I ever did from Deadfire, despite that game's shortcomings.  Maybe it's just a matter of having much higher expectations for a game with Obsidian's pedigree than a small indie dev I'd never heard of before?

Yes, exactly, it should be taken as praise because it's meant as such, but the problem is that I don't feel myself gripped by the game, clamouring for more, like I would for, say, a glistening pint of my favourite beer, or some fried chicken.
I would make a joke about your unrefined tastes but good beer and fried chicken are nothing to be sniffed at.

I think I know what you mean - I found it difficult to play PoE1 or Tyranny1 for longer than an hour before getting distracted/exhausted. Personally, I didn’t have this “issue” with Deadfire and I found it easy to binge with “one more quest” attitude. I found pacing to be excellent, and it’s possible that the low difficulty which lead to mindless combat on launch helped with minimizing mental exhaustion. It took me months before I made my way through PoE1.

• Like 3

I would make a joke about your unrefined tastes but good beer and fried chicken are nothing to be sniffed at.

I think I know what you mean - I found it difficult to play PoE1 or Tyranny1 for longer than an hour before getting distracted/exhausted. Personally, I didn’t have this “issue” with Deadfire and I found it easy to binge with “one more quest” attitude. I found pacing to be excellent, and it’s possible that the low difficulty which lead to mindless combat on launch helped with minimizing mental exhaustion. It took me months before I made my way through PoE1.

Funny thing is, I experience the same (and with PoE 1 as well) everytime I made character I ultimately didn't want to play.

Small and inconsequential details usually, sometimes the overall character concept.

Had to go back and make a new one, with a clear idea how I wanted them to be, and that feeling was gone.

• Like 1

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

yeah im having the same issue. Loved POE1 but not able to get into Deadfire. 

I think the story just isnt immersive enough. Chasing a giant who has your soul blah blah blah.

\

Dont even need you soul to go treasure hunting and collect bounties ect.........why the f$k would i want to chase a statue around on a wild goose chase just stupid

Just want to say that I think this game is amazing.

I played a little before 1.1 but wanted to wait until PoTD was tuned. Game is absolutely fantastic.

You guys have done an amazing job and it is important that you know that!

:bow:Less positive emotions, please.

'Obsidian' still have to will do several DLCs in future and close the bugs-holes of the game with patches.

Don't relax them.

Edited by Khagmas