RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - VISUAL NOVELS ALLOWED

Ewwwww LOL That's not good. I never thoight the game looked particularly interesting and now I'm glad I stayed away.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Your loss :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I cannot imagine any such thing being even near merely 10 years away. I might accept something like 30-40 years as being at least a possibility, but at least for the U.S., the percentage of people that live in urban areas (about 60%, and this is the target audience due to simple physical speed limitations) combined with our way behind infrastructure means that normal gaming PCs and consoles will still be around for a while.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It's the same deal prety much everywhere. Here(Iran), the access to the internet is even more limited but people still buy their PS4 and Xbox One and Nintendo Switch as of recent.

Whe have a population of 80-90 million and I can safely say that at least 1 million have a PS4, even if it's only there for a round Fifa, Pro Evolution Soccer or Rainbow Six: Siege.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I guess Agony could just be a bad game, but It feels like it's getting trashed for what it depicts.

People loved Diablo, the Souls games, and all sorts of other ****ed up games. This game seems like Amnesia in the pits of hell.

Is this simply a case of it being okay of showing men suffering eternal torture and not the female form? That is the gist I'm getting, but I don't really know what the cut content is.

I guess Agony could just be a bad game, but It feels like it's getting trashed for what it depicts.

People loved Diablo, the Souls games, and all sorts of other ****ed up games. This game seems like Amnesia in the pits of hell.

Is this simply a case of it being okay of showing men suffering eternal torture and not the female form? That is the gist I'm getting, but I don't really know what the cut content is.

From what I've seen it's mostly getting flak for the censorship, the voice acting and the gameplay generally not being very good (annoying and repetitive puzzles, clunky controls and the spacing of the save points being hit and miss).

Edited by marelooke

I cannot imagine any such thing being even near merely 10 years away. I might accept something like 30-40 years as being at least a possibility, but at least for the U.S., the percentage of people that live in urban areas (about 60%, and this is the target audience due to simple physical speed limitations) combined with our way behind infrastructure means that normal gaming PCs and consoles will still be around for a while.

Even the best infrastructure won't solve physical realities - if you play on a remote server on a device that does nothing but stream the game's output and relay inputs there's going to be input lag. And that becomes noticable VERY quickly. Sure certain sort of games can make it look like that doesn't matter that much through pacing and good client code (which there won't be any) like most MMOs but the idea of playing Quake with a 30+ms delay after I click on the mouse? Ah hell, no way.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Even the best infrastructure won't solve physical realities - if you play on a remote server on a device that does nothing but stream the game's output and relay inputs there's going to be input lag. And that becomes noticable VERY quickly. Sure certain sort of games can make it look like that doesn't matter that much through pacing and good client code (which there won't be any) like most MMOs but the idea of playing Quake with a 30+ms delay after I click on the mouse? Ah hell, no way.

But that's easy to solve. You just make all your games control like floaty trash to begin with, and it'll be hard to notice the difference. :p Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Hitman 2 has been revealed, it's more less of the same and nothing really amazing. However, that Miami race track scene did look nice... blow the car up and escpape on a speedboat/jetski. Hmmm...

And the mp mode looked tacky as hell. Seriously, why lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The robots are here, and they are going to steal your chickens!!!

Woo! Sweden! AK4s and Volvos FTW!

Though the Volvo has the American headlights... for shame.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

And another show, why Live Gaming services sucks walruss balls for customers.

Guitar Hero loses 92% of the catalogue on December 1st (484 songs).

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/06/guitar-hero-live-goes-offline-in-december-making-92-of-songs-unplayable/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And another show, why Live Gaming services sucks walruss balls for customers.

Guitar Hero loses 92% of the catalogue on December 1st (484 songs).

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/06/guitar-hero-live-goes-offline-in-december-making-92-of-songs-unplayable/

Game as service my arse...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I am hoping for a remaster because the original game never got a western release. Either way I am incredibily hyped because the concept of this game is all about flashy non-stop action. Pure arcady fun!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

China is taking ownership of so many new ventures it's incredible...

Look at what Tencent already owns, it's even more incredible. I think that the first 5 highest grossing mobile games are owned by them, they also own Riot Games (League of Legends) and Bluehole Studios (PUBG).

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

The Prey DLC sneakily got released!

It's called Mooncrash and the more I read about it the more disappointed I get. I'll get it anyway, eventually, and maybe it'll be good but...I dunno. Rogue lite escape the base stuff with "multiple playable characters" wasn't what I was hoping for.

Oh of course, "upcoming multiplayer update" now it all makes sense.

The one time I'm actually eagerly awaiting a DLC and when it releases I'm like...: I'll wait for more reviews and/or a sale. ;(

EDIT: yes, the more I read about this the more I'm thinking I'm going to give this a pass.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2