The US Election 2016, Part VII

Pidesco

"I think you need to read my posts extremely uncharitably in order to arrive on that conclusion."

Nope. That's exatcly how 99% of your posts comes across. But, that just proves your self perception is lacking quiality control.

"slow rise of the extreme right in America"

The extreme left is no different. Just look at the way they treat minorities with their whitesplaining to any black who doesn't suck the tit of the extreme left. LMAO

Plus, Trump is no right wu=inger. He is a Democrat. He has always supported the Democrats. Not just in words but in actual $.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You know there is one thing I am always surprised about. How interested everyone is in the electoral process here. How invested they get in the outcome. Don't get me wrong, I follow politics in a lot of other nations but it's more out of curiosity than anything else. I've never been personally invested in which party ends up forming the government in Canada, or Great Britain, or elsewhere.

You don't feel the turns in policy of other nations the way we do for US.

Whatever changes happen in economy, energy or foreign policy will affect the entire world.

For other domestic issues I care little.

If the results were at least a bit in doubt I'm sure I'd take a lot more interest.

@Chippy: forums where everyone agrees are incredibly boring. The best thing about this one is there are so many different opinions. Looks at the presidential poll thread.. It's a four way tie between very different candidates. It would not be so good if elections actually turned out that way but for forums where discussion and debate happen that is ideal.

I know we all pick on Bruce a lot and he does post some off the wall stuff but he does have a lot to add. Even if you don't agree with him (and most of us don't) you a brief moment he makes you think about something from a different perspective. That is a good thing.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Far as Pidesco blaming Republicans for Hillary Clinton, was splendid. Literally made me chuckle to see it.

:blink:

Literally did not happen.

"I think you need to read my posts extremely uncharitably in order to arrive on that conclusion."

Nope. That's exatcly how 99% of your posts comes across. But, that just proves your self perception is lacking quiality control.

The only thing it proves is that you can't even imply that there may be greater tribulations in life than being called racist without someone's butthole bursting into flames.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Far as Pidesco blaming Republicans for Hillary Clinton, was splendid. Literally made me chuckle to see it.

The fact that someone so much in the pocket of corporate interests, like Clinton is, gets my unwavering support is a terrible indictment of Republicans.

Might be I read too much into his statement? Still seems to tie Clinton to the Republicans far as I see.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

The fact that someone so much in the pocket of corporate interests, like Clinton is, gets my unwavering support is a terrible indictment of Republicans.

Might be I read too much into his statement? Still seems to tie Clinton to the Republicans far as I see.

He's only saying that it reflects badly on the Republicans that he thinks of Clinton as a preferable candidate in any way, shape or form. No causal relationship whatsoever.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

He's only saying that it reflects badly on the Republicans that he thinks of Clinton as a preferable candidate in any way, shape or form. No causal relationship whatsoever.

Think that's a stretch in the grand view, but I'll grant the technicality. If we're keeping points, that is. If we are, you'd better keep them because I'm notoriously bad at such things.

Aluminiumtrioxid is of course right. Clinton is related to the Republicans only in the sense that they are consequences of the same wretched political system.

@Guard Dog; Apparently I wasn't clear but the issues enumerated by me aren't my worry regarding America's effect on the world around me. They are separate concerns.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Which is supposed to be relevant... how?

Seems about as relevant as Pidesco's screed. Course, I didn't make it on the "gets to decide what's relevant committee," so I'm just speaking as a concerned citizen.

Personally, I think Chippy should keep up the good fight. Then again, I think everyone on all sides should keep up the good fight. Why not? Politics, like race relations and religion, is the best in forum fodder. Unless someone figures out a way crawl through the internets and assault someone else, safe place to spar.

Thanks, but seriously it's like a SJW zombie horde apocalypse on these forums, I don't know how you rational guy's manage.  If my link to 'Trumps son's kill a Triceratops' vid was working (and the other one of Hillary supporting the Grand Dragon of the KKK) was commented on I would get it, but "hey: all Trump supporters are fledgling Nazi's" from a moderator is beyond weird.  Plus it was in California that they polled people on the effects of killing the Triceratops, so I'm kinda concerned that Obsidian (being based there) might have actually been among those interviewed, and I'd prefer not to find out one of my favourite companies thinks that the sabre tooth tiger is still prancing around Canada being fed ice cream by SJW Bioware employees...so ignorance is bliss.  I need a break.

Wait, what? Where did I say that?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That's pretty heavy.  I think I'll take a break from posting on these forums for a while, but with all due respect - please look up how many Admirals, Generals, and Medal of Honor citizens of America have placed their support and faith in Donal Trump.

Well, he has more support than is being portrayed in the media. Moot point, since Hillary's run is nosediving faster than a comet. The dems shouldn't have put all their eggs in the Clinton basket. 

Edited by licketysplit

"Many people..." sure is a popular weasel phrase this election.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Many people..." sure is a popular weasel phrase this election.

even better, in a nation of 330 or so, it's always true. You could get many people to agree to nuke Mars.

The Romaan diety or the planet.

Edited by quidproquo

it's like a SJW zombie horde apocalypse on these forums

you rational guy's

"hey: all Trump supporters are fledgling Nazi's" from a moderator

Ah, the sweet smell of rationality. Drumpf: the Rational Choice.  :lol: 

That's pretty heavy.  I think I'll take a break from posting on these forums for a while, but with all due respect - please look up how many Admirals, Generals, and Medal of Honor citizens of America have placed their support and faith in Donal Trump.

Well, he has more support than is being portrayed in the media.

I suppose. Still, the phrasing makes it sound like said supporters being decorated soldiers is supposed to be a relevant data point here, which is... bwuh?

Well it would be just as relevant as Hillary having decorated soldier endorsements

Bringing that up seems out of left field, heh.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trump is the nicest counter-reaction to the current cultural climate of self-flagellation of a dying western civilization. I still find it funny how people are flabbergasted by the support he has, so lets put it this way: In a world where sexual liberation and rock 'n roll is the established norm, how else are people going to rebel as the human condition hates stagnation and sameness?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Perhaps not unexpected but bad news nonetheless. The Comission for Presidential Debates, an organization founded by the Democrat & Republican parties to prevent another Ross Perot has fulfilled it's intended function and blocked the Libertarian ticket from the first two debates. It was of course a rigged game from the start. The requirement to make 15% in five polls, two of which did not regularly include them in their polling, was daunting enough when news outlets did not regularly cover the candidates. It was no surprise I guess but still very disappointing. There is still an opportunity to make into the two in October but the hill to climb is steeper since most undecideds will have picked a horse after the first one. http://reason.com/blog/2016/09/16/debate-commission-blocks-gary-johnson-an

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

When you disagree with the left you're always a racist and probably a nazi.

Nah. I mean GD disagrees with the left pretty much full time, and he doesn't get called racist or nazi. Plus the only one who really throws nazi around is volo, and he aims it at people he thinks are on the left.