Typo thread

rone

Question

The Howling Gorge (north of Maje Island) have a slight naming typo-bug when you have your cipher scan for minds.

Edit: The utterance is clearly Serafens language. I have no idea what Ydwin would say.

post-220461-0-24705000-1550433724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frak

Nerf Troubadour!

IbYSczn.png

There's even a third mistake here. The first and should be in.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I suppose this goes here.

GNQx0jb.png

The spoken line does not emphasize "from".

She's in the Brass Citadel harbor if anyone else wants to opine. Also, cue discussion about whether I should have capitalized "the" :p

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

2pQXH59.png

Should be "yer as old as me" (which is what the VO clearly says.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Missing article (should be "It's a notoriously..."):

4OzBBLb.png

Plural subject calls for plural verb ("has" should be "have"):

x4sgw5i.png

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

[4.1.0.] Wrong "italic" tag in Eothas Conversation SI in Ashen Maw:

<Entry>
      <ID>51</ID>
      <DefaultText>&lt;i&gt;Eothas is going to Ukaizo?&lt;/i&gt;</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>52</ID>
      <DefaultText>"Eothas is going to Ukaizo."</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>53</ID>
      <DefaultText>&lt;i&gt;He's going to stop the Wheel?&lt;/i&gt;</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>54</ID>
      <DefaultText>"He's going to stop the Wheel."&lt;/i&gt;</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>55</ID>
      <DefaultText>&lt;i&gt;Eothas is going to Ukaizo...&lt;/i&gt;</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>

• Like 1

0H0fA4w.png"You" should be "Your"

Singular subject ("The flow") calls for singular verb ("makes"):

k1jxOAu.png

Since we're talking about a single creature, it should be "the creature flees":

zS0G7df.png

• Like 1

Missing verb. Should be "It is as..."

sACtfkA.png

Interesting; this thread is no longer pinned.

I'll keep reporting typos here for the sake of the community patch. @MaxQuest if you need/want help integrating typo fixes into it, I'm happy to lend a hand (may need a wee bit of guidance to get started.)

Missing "a":

SGFFzVm.png

Should be "Nicese":

6Oa2c6O.png

19 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

@MaxQuest if you need/want help integrating typo fixes into it, I'm happy to lend a hand (may need a wee bit of guidance to get started.)

Fixing these is fairly easy. You need to find the typo in game's stringtables, and create an override entry in a new stringtable (inside of the mod, with the same name and file hierarchy location).

I have found and fixed around 20 typos from the last 2 pages on this thread. You can try the attached mod.

P.S. It seems that typos posted before 15th December have been already fixed.

CommunityPatchTypos.zip

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the quest "Family Pride", addendum 3 for the first objective (string table ID 20003): The bold tags around the word "Bardattos" aren't closed on the right hand side, causing all the text following it to be bold until the words "Zili Valera".

Fixed the above and a number of others I've run into.

@MaxQuest I'll keep going until the end of my current play through but if you're ready to release the community patch (even as a beta) at any point, PM me and I'll send you the latest text fix package.

• Thanks 1

^ Fixed. Will be in the next iteration of the community patch.