What did you do today?

Blarghagh

Perceived favoritism, maybe. I just chose mine from 40k as I needed a name for this alt

If this is an alt... then who is the main?

dun duuuun duuuuuuuuun

:lol:  Don't you know there are only like 5 actual people who post here!

In the end, we're all alts of Gromnir.

Scratch that, we're all manifestations of Ravel.

Edited by Skazz

Perceived favoritism, maybe. I just chose mine from 40k as I needed a name for this alt

dun duuuun duuuuuuuuun

:lol:  Don't you know there are only like 5 actual people who post here!

In the end, we're all alts of Gromnir.

Scratch that, we're all manifestations of Ravel.

Actually we all are Eldar. Even the five who believe they're not.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Who is Eldar here anyway? I forgot, if I ever knew.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

dun duuuun duuuuuuuuun

I am oby.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That means nothing to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I feel like every forum profile should come with a business card or something.

EDIT: Also, quick googling only leads me to this:

obysign.JPG

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

This is like watching a Monty Python sketch where every guy has been replaced by Eric Idle.

You might not guess it by the description of TrueNeutral, but there were worse things than oby. There once was a forum romance so terrible it shook the foundations of this board, setting fire to unburnable things and striking terror even into the most steadfast of hearts.

But the storm has passed and Bruce now sits, every day, lost in loneliness pining for Qis, Destroyer of the West.

;)

• Like 8

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

:lol:  Now THAT was funny.

Skazz you may not realize it but there are people on this very forum who have been posting together for nearly 20 years. Most of whom have never met each other.  All the ups and downs of life. Victories and defeats. Good RPGs and bad ones (more of the latter) flame wars and cold peace, these folks have seen it all. And every once in a while we might get a tad misty-eyed remembering folks who don't come around anymore. And a few like Sand, Tarna, Kelverin and others who are no longer with us. 

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sure, I get that. And that’s fine. All I’m trying to say is that it’s completely incomprehensible to a random passerby like me. :p

Don't worry. I missed all that Black Isle stuff too. I haven't been here that long - just 14 years.

• Like 1

I didn't mind Oby that much.  His posts were completely ludicrous and borderline incomprehensible, but they were entertaining.  Qistina, on the other hand, posted with all the ludicrous anti-west propaganda of a Oby post, but with much more vitriol and none of the entertainment value.

I've only been here 6 years, so I got to witness some...  interesting stuff, but missed much of the stuff of legend the old timers talk about.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ah, Oby. That brings back memories. Horrible, horrible memories.

Still waiting for Walsingham to come back.

Yeah, I miss dear old Walshie.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I wonder if Wals and Oby was the same person... like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde were the same person :grin:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sure, I get that. And that’s fine. All I’m trying to say is that it’s completely incomprehensible to a random passerby like me. :p

Don't worry. I missed all that Black Isle stuff too. I haven't been here that long - just 14 years.

I had been stalking NMA for years before I signed up there, I think the first time I went there was to read Pers guide. It was probably in the late 90's, took me years to gather the courage to sign up there, but the need to rant about F3 became to big eventually. :)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I wonder if Wals and Oby was the same person... like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde were the same person :grin:

No Was and LoF were the same person, Oby came after.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

No Was and LoF were the same person, Oby came after.

Right you are :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Don't ever buy anything online from WalMart. They sent me the wrong item, and for whatever reason, they have absolutely 100% steadfastly refused to authorize a return and refund for their mistake over the past month. Thankfully, I never go to WalMart to begin with, but this cements it as policy.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Maybe Oby was fired from the russian propaganda institution because we didn't took him serious enough. Kinda makes me feel bad.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Maybe Oby was fired from the russian propaganda institution because we didn't took him serious enough. Kinda makes me feel bad.

Probably sent to a gulag in Siberia by now, all because of us. :(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I know Wals is buried under workload, and has said he's unlikely to spend much time lurking on the forum on the little free time he has now, although he does occasionally turn up on Steam.

Alas, tis the way of the world, even ForumLurkers evolve and have to juggle the mundane nature of life at times.....

Edit:

In fact, Wals has told me to convey his compliments to the forum and inform you all that he is currently deep within the internet, hunting Oby with a 577/450 Elenctic action rifle.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."