What did you do today?

Blarghagh

This must be what non smokers go through on a regular basis. 

Glad you're okay.

My wife is very sensitive to smoke and can't go into a heavy smoker's vehicle or home at all. Me, I don't enjoy it but it's not unbearable or anything like that and besides most of our friends and family who smoked have switched to vaping or e-cigs so they can be more social around us non-smokers.

Free games updated 3/4/21

After work, I went to a pet store and bought a set of dog shoes for my Labrador Retriever. Summer is fast approaching and I am preferring to do some hiking with my Dog and a couple of friends. 

That's pretty cool.

I'm going to go back to doing a lot of walking.

Yesterday I got home and jumped on the bike to hit a big hill. The wind was pretty crazy. I made fantastic time getting to the hill, hovering around 22 mph, and then it was a solid 1000 foot climb to the top. The ride home was a grind though, had to push past the headwind. Still it was a beautiful ride. I managed to get up and swim early this morning, so I feel like I'm on track for my next race. :)

And here I am wishing it'd be windy and rain every day. The world's so much prettier... ;)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I like Rain

I like Sun

I'm happy with the weather

when all is said and done

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The entire month of may has been ludicrously warm here. Water level is getting really low in my lake. :(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Every time it's gets over 78F here, I turn the A/C in this room on and stay in this room until late-night. I do like temp/weather variety tho. Just in a very limited range. Say, 60F-74F with several weeks of stormy weather per year.

The world smells much better when it's raining, too. Well, at least where I live.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You colonials with your fancy new system. 90 is probably.... good ?

90F would be where every time I leave my A/C room, by comparison the rest of the house feels like I opened an oven door.

...but I suppose in some parts of Texas and Arizona and other such places, it would be a cool day.

I remember driving through one of the actual deserts down south (nothing but sand dunes/scrub for miles). Something like 110F. We wore out the car A/C that trip.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

90 is...  okay.  75-80 is where it's at.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And no, that's way too hot imo.

We usually get 2-4 weeks worth of days like that per summer. Most of the time it's upper 70's or mid-80's tho. Just 30-40 minutes further South where we used to be live, it's warmer more often. Or at least used to be. I feel like the whole area has changed pattern a tad.

Every time it's gets over 78F here, I turn the A/C in this room on and stay in this room until late-night. I do like temp/weather variety tho. Just in a very limited range. Say, 60F-74F with several weeks of stormy weather per year.

The world smells much better when it's raining, too. Well, at least where I live.

I start feeling like **** when it's above 68F, I don't have the luxury of an AC either :(

So much this, I love the smell of rainfall after a long time with warm weather.

Almost too much, I got upset with my coworkers complaining about the smell this monday when it rained for the first time in a month.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Aye, fancy is the right word for it. Based on a scale from freezing an equal parts mixture of ice, water and salt at 0°, the freezing point of pure water at 32° and the average body temperature of a human at 96° back in 1724, at a time where neither measuring the average human body temperature nor mixing ice, water and salt equally could be reproduced with the necessary degree of accuracy.

Not to mention that it's utterly nuts to limit a temperature scale at values like 0, 32 and 96 when the base of the number system used to express it is 10.

edit:

In all fairness though, mordern Fahrenheit is defined as 32° for the freezing point of water to 212, the boiling point at normal atmospheric pressure. It doens't make the scale look less weird for anyone else in the world but at least it's no longer a complete mess.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

32 is insane, but it's all in the humidity.

Yeah, I'm more of a 60-70F (16-21C) kind of guy, but the difference between 100% humidity 90F and 0% humidity 90F is the difference between "it's a bit too hot" and "I'm about to die of heatstroke". It's the same thing with sub-freezing temperatures and wind - air is a pretty terrible conductor of heat EXCEPT when it's moving, so I'd always rather have a -10 day with no wind than a positive ten day with anything more than occasional breezes.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

We have >30°C for over a week now. Remaining parts of germany are drowning in rain and thunderstorm, but nothing of that gets through to potsdam. Today is said to be 80% rain chance and 50% to the evening (two days ago they still said 100% for the whole day), but if I look outside... it's dry and hot again just now....

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

humidity is the worst thing. H2O in gaseous form is the most common greenhouse gas after all

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.