What did you do today?

Blarghagh

• Why does Sunny's perspiration smell like fritos?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Know what I didn't do today? Vote in our dumbass provincial election for any of Three Stooges. LMAO

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Work today was a total disaster, just about everything went wrong, not to mention I was really of my game today. Atleast I'm home now. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Know what I didn't do today? Vote in our dumbass provincial election for any of Three Stooges. LMAO

Could always vote Green or Communist

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Why does Sunny's perspiration smell like fritos?

Something to do with a naturally occurring yeast?

• Why does urine smell weird after eating asparagus?

You have more questions than answers!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Had a lady tell my wife and I that we were selfish for not having kids yet and that we'd better get started if we don't want to die alone. Does this kind of thing usually work on people? All it did was lower our opinion of the woman

Free games updated 3/4/21

Had a lady tell my wife and I that we were selfish for not having kids yet and that we'd better get started if we don't want to die alone. Does this kind of thing usually work on people? All it did was lower our opinion of the woman

I always have the same reaction as you. If they love kids they can go at it like bunnies if they want to, and leave everyone else to live their lives in their own pace.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

image1.jpeg

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

I suppose you can take it as a compliment, since the lady is implying you would be good parents. I typically steer well clear of such conversations because you never know what sort of health issues could also be at play.

I don't know, considering the gross overpopulation I'd say it's more selfish to actually produce tiny little bastards. We need less people on the planet, not more. For the good of literally everyone and everything.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Can't see that approach working for anything, get people's backs up and then they don't listen.  People like those are about as annoying as the "childfree" people opposed to them

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Absolutely nothing to do today. But since i have no projects I have no excuse to leave the office. So I'm sitting here trying to looks busy all the while pondering the deep questions of life.

• How much did the Death Star cost? Come to that why didn't they fix the obvious engineering flaws: a reactor they can't shut down, that destroys the whole thing when compromised yet is accessible from the surface? Really bad design.
Last time that happened to me, I found a new job... boredom kills your spirit.

As for the Death Star, I wonder who insurer was?... :lol:

I think they actually covered that weakness in one of the movies, wasn't it Rogue One? The guy who designed the whole thing deliberately left he weakness there and went out of his way to hide it from his masters and overlords so it could be exploited later. Cue disposable Bothans.

Maybe they were Catholics?

Now I want to watch Monty Pythons "The Meaning of Life" again...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

As for the Death Star, I wonder who insurer was?... :lol:

Well the YouTube Rebel Alliance screwed  the better of the posted videos up, so here's a slightly sped up mirror flipped video:

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Just back from UK.

Was in Bermingham last week for Collectormania and Comic Con at the Bermingham NEC.

One of the best venues I have ever seen, right beside the airport, 20 mins train ride from the city, very handy indeed.

Excellent organisation, arrived at 10.50, inside venue at 11.10. No pushing or jostling, every bag searched and still got in so quickly.

Son got pic taken with Robert Englund, very happy camper.

Highly recommend Bermingham as a destination, very accessible, beautiful clean city, going back in Oct for a Halloween event.

• Like 1

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

• How much did the Death Star cost? Come to that why didn't they fix the obvious engineering flaws: a reactor they can't shut down, that destroys the whole thing when compromised yet is accessible from the surface? Really bad design.

Well, not sure they could shut it down or not, no time to react. Best question is why the Death Star supposedly has 6,000 fighters on board, yet doesn't think quantity has a quality of its own and just swamp them.

Interestingly, I had thought that was Stalin that said that and turns out there's a lot of stuff people attribute to him that he probably never said.

Edited by Malcador

Yesterday, after getting asked for the half a dozenth time by the same guy "how are you" and responding, as I do, with "I don't know, you're asking the wrong guy," I came up with a new book idea.

Conversation Stoppers for the Socially Awkward: Making People Regret Smalltalk

It's a collection of very short stories you can share with people to make things even more awkward. I already have three pieces for it. "The Time I Thought A Woman Was Flirting With Me, But She Was Just On Her Bluetooth," "Job Interview Goes Great Until One Interviewer Reveals He Was My High School Bully," and "That Time My Friends Surprised Me With An Intervention Even Though I Don't Have A Problem."

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."