RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - NOW IN 5$ LOOT BOXES

Blarghagh

It is annoying when some DDoS attack prevents you from playing SP, is more common for me than local connectivity issues, having some problem with the service itself.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The humor of the original Fable turned me right off. Maybe I'm not British enough to get why yelling out Chicken Chaser a billion times is funny.

I'm also humorless and took enough offense to behead all who would dare call me chicken chaser with a bow and arrow. I never changed my title, my headcount stands at 626.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Monster Hunter World releases in just over a week (Jan 26th).  I repeat, Monster Hunter World releases in just over a week.  THIS IS NOT A DRILL!  A new Monster Hunter game is almost upon us.

:wowey:

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have Fable Anniversary on Steam and from time to time I try to get into it, just can't seem to though.

Not sure what it is, I think the combat s wonky and not fun. The U.I needs refinement (not sure if the original is different) The world feels shallow, yes. I do like some things: The art style, the way things like sunlight and combat affects your appearance).

The overall experience of Fable feels unnatural and I can't seem to figure out why as much so. Never tried the 2nd or 3rd game so I cannot comment on those. I'd be interested in a Fable 4 or a new single player focused Fable at least. That Fable Legends looked horrible to me.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I have Fable Anniversary on Steam and from time to time I try to get into it, just can't seem to though.

Not sure what it is, I think the combat s wonky and not fun. The U.I needs refinement (not sure if the original is different) The world feels shallow, yes. I do like some things: The art style, the way things like sunlight and combat affects your appearance).

The overall experience of Fable feels unnatural and I can't seem to figure out why as much so. Never tried the 2nd or 3rd game so I cannot comment on those. I'd be interested in a Fable 4 or a new single player focused Fable at least. That Fable Legends looked horrible to me.

Fable Anniversary is somehow worse than the original, the faces lack any of the expression the original had.

It's a quaint game version of a hero's journey where you also can play a villain. Its kinda meant to be played as a sandbox even though it isn't one, where you would just do self imposed challenges, like my aforementioned decapitations.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Monster Hunter World releases in just over a week (Jan 26th).  I repeat, Monster Hunter World releases in just over a week.  THIS IS NOT A DRILL!  A new Monster Hunter game is almost upon us.

:wowey:

Unless you're on PC, then you can wait another bunch of months.

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXs_CwJUE8g

Yes, I will buy it.

The combat in the game looks great, like a nice mixture of Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines and the newer Castlevania games. Not a bad thing :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

SE announces the FFXV Royal Edition with trailer. [... ] if you already have the game/dlc's etc, $20 for just the new RE features. $20 seems a little steep but oh well, guess I'll be buying it anyway.

Also, for PC version, apparently a 1st person perspective will be added. Which I have no idea how that'll work with the game's crazy camera, frantic paced combat, but ok.

Just wanted to correct myself on a couple points:

--Supposedly the console version will also have 1st person mode added, which is a change from what I read some months ago.

--$20 price for the Royal "Pack" was apparently a website eager error and the price is actually undetermined, although one wonders if it's more truly SE backpedaling in the fast wake of ppl complaining $20 is too high. I'd prefer $15 myself.

--the new boat feature sounds more robust than I initially thought, with new fish/fishing from the boat and access to new exploration (islands? beaches?). Fishing from the boat, I can dig it.

PC edition/Royal Edition both on March 6th. PC pre-order will include some outfit bonuses or something, and so far at least will not include Assassin Festival stuff (crossover copyright issues I take it) but will include Chocobo Festival stuff.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This baby will be out soon and I am wondering if I should upgrade from my OG PS4 to a PS4 Pro: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-16-sony-reveals-new-limited-edition-monster-hunter-world-ps4-pro-bundle

And ... I also find that kinda ugly. But I don't think there's been a "special edition" anything, in this vein, that I've ever liked. Console, controllers, PC cases/keyboards, mice, whatever. I like my basic solid black, in everything. I'm boring that way. :biggrin:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

​Weirdly, that Vampyr game is made by Dontnod, the Life Is Strange dev. Of course, their first game was Remember Me before that, which mildly flopped, so I guess they're trying to give it another shot. I remain mildly interested...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I keep forgetting about Greedfall. We haven't seen anything of it have we? I find it's usually hard to get excited from a project like that, especially if it's not an established studio.

Spiders is established...  as a maker of low budget RPGs long on delusions of grandeur and short on production value.  I have a soft spot for them and am not ashamed of being a fan of their games.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I keep forgetting about Greedfall. We haven't seen anything of it have we? I find it's usually hard to get excited from a project like that, especially if it's not an established studio.

Spiders is established...  as a maker of low budget RPGs long on delusions of grandeur and short on production value.  I have a soft spot for them and am not ashamed of being a fan of their games.

Likewise.

village_idiot.gif