Politics Thread: Silicon Valley Edition

Blarghagh

Excuse me, but if you stuck your **** into a woman for years on end, while also maintaining your status as the „moneymaker“ of the family; her welfare becomes your responsibility.

I don't think that should have anything to do with anything.

Imo, stay at home moms are bringing value to the family. Not with monetary income, but otherwise.

oh they certainly are producing a heck ton of value. Not that they get any of it though. Stay-home mom (or parent, really) is one of the most exploited positions to be in. Works a day and gains practically nothing, while being almost completely powerless outside of the house, where they are depended on their husband.

So yes, those who are exploiting them do carry responsibility.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

In theory, yes, but I've seen videos where feminists (both female and male feminists btw) were asked if they were pro having women on the front lines of a ground army (as opposed to being in planes or otherwise in 'safer' areas'). Almost all of thems aid no and the ones who said were obviously uncomfortable with it but felt trapped into saying yes but of the clear  double standard.

Again, in theory, women want the 'right' to but in practice no thanks. Espicially when it comes to a mythical  'draft'. They rather the gov't stuck with young men and not women.

"Stay-home mom (or parent, really) is one of the most exploited positions to be in. Works a day and gains practically nothing, while being almost completely powerless outside of the house, where they are depended on their husband."

Yeha. Because, Peg from Married From Children was heavily 'exploited' by Al sitting on her couch eating bonbons. LMAO

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Some of the subjects he touches on are a bit tough for many to tackle. (...)

He's often (but not always) definitely an advanced level of content

There's nothing "tough" or "advanced" about rank idiocy such as "women are destroying civilization". 

Yeah it is outrageous statement, almost like patriarchy is holding women back right? :)

Patriarchy is holding women in back, but not necessary ways that people think when they hear the claim

Like for example it isn't even half century ago when in many (western) countries women could not actually own credit card, bank account etc. things without man co-signing those.

It also wasn't that long ago when in many (western) countries inheritance laws jump over women in favor of male relatives (and some times male cousin could be higher in line than actual daughter of deceased).

It isn't also that long when we had laws in many (western) countries that moved ownership of things that woman owned to her husband if she married.

Today these laws still have impact on women statuses in societies as general as they have made our societies such that we have much more rich men than women.

Look I am not arguing about how things were. 

Neither am I

so how:

Today these laws still have impact on women statuses in societies as general as they have made our societies such that we have much more rich men than women.

If they are no longer in place? (expecting some mental gymnastics)

Because of those laws of the past there are less of female versions of Trump and Koch brothers who use their inherited wealth to lobby laws and become political leaders.

Please cite any law you can find in the last 70 (I'll give you twenty more) years in the USA which discriminates against female heirs.

Heck, I'll be impressed if you can find one in the last 120 years.

Using Ben's example of divorce, how many wife's who were stay at home moms or didn't make anywhere near what the husband made be okay with the husband keeping the house/car/boat/land/etc he paid for that she didn't?

How many women think the court system should be overhauled to not be biased towards women when it comes to kids?

How many women are okay with the man NOT paying on the first date? How many women think its equally wrong to slap a man like it is for a man to slap a woman?

I'll conceed that the "men are evilz" is small but a majority of feminists are in the "special treatment equal equality" from what I have seen.

What do you mean by special treatment? 

You seem to be implying that being a gentlemen and treating women equal are somehow at odds. On the contrary, I'd say they go hand in hand. If I ask a woman out on a date, I'm going to hold the door open, pay for the meal, and not sexually harass her. But realistically I'd do the same thing if I asked a male friend out to dinner, except maybe the door thing because that is weird. This has very little to do with equal pay or legitimate equality issues.

I agree courts should not be biased towards women in regards to kids. I'd say we've come pretty far in that regard, at least in California according to all my divorced friends.

By some people's modern standards the bolded above is sexually harassing someone.

While you yourself may not do it, many a self describing feminist has cried Wolf far too many times in the eyes of a great many men and women.

The ultimate effects of the #metoo and modern feminist movements are not going to be good for the average woman, anymore than they're any good for the average man.

Edited by Valsuelm

Excuse me, but if you stuck your **** into a woman for years on end, while also maintaining your status as the „moneymaker“ of the family; her welfare becomes your responsibility.

Imo, stay at home moms are bringing value to the family. Not with monetary income, but otherwise.

oh they certainly are producing a heck ton of value. Not that they get any of it though. Stay-home mom (or parent, really) is one of the most exploited positions to be in. Works a day and gains practically nothing, while being almost completely powerless outside of the house, where they are depended on their husband.

Mmmm okay so they get nothing in return? Man, where are they getting that money to pay their share of rent, their share of the power bills, of the groceries, of the internet and TV, the clothes they wear, the activities you have to pay for when they go out....

Yeah nothing in return.

Also Ben, u seem to have a very outdated sexist view of women. First u think they are all prudes and not into sex whatsoever and you also think that all men are forcing stay at home wives to stay at home and not that alot of them CHOOSE to due to "old fashion" upbringing, religious beliefs, cannot deal with work places, or instead the option of working would rather stay home and take care of the house. You know, not have to work at all...because dammit I would love to stay at home and clean and cook and not have to go to work almost every other day and a job that sucks the soul outta me. Do u see every woman as some prude that ur afraid of corrupting that isn't strong enough to start over and weak? Hate to break it to ya but women are alot tougher than u imply and wanna victimize. Alot tougher.

Stay at home wives who CHOOSE to stay at home and enjoy not having to work, they shouldn't get anything at all if divorced, just the basics to get started with their new life.

Stay at home mothers on the other hand are different, they are providing a job and purpose and gladly give half.

Been, would u be okay with a husband who choose to stay at home and didn't work demand the house and car and rake the wife over the coals who worked her ass off to obtain when the man decides he doesn't want her anymore?

Equality is a 2 way street, if it's wrong for one simply because of their sex then it's equally wrong for the opposite sex as well and vice versa.

I sort of agree with RND for the most part, but then I also agree with Ben. I don't think stay at home women need a universal basic income. But I do think the wives should get a certain cut of the wealth, with alimony proportional what is reasonable to support kids with respect to fair custody resolutions. They should get some cut of retirement savings, savings, and other things. I think there needs to be a finer grain way of dealing with sharing of family worth with a spouse when that worth is coming through the salary of just one person. Better standard pre-nups would be a start.

I also think it should become standard that spouses don't have joint accounts. That way a couple is constantly negotiating spending, instead of just deferring everything down the road. I think both parents should take up the mantle of running a "wing" of the household. So if one parent is low on fun money, then they better start working again. It's not dad's fault he's the fun one.

I think the think men get most screwed on is usually custody, which is a way to argue for more alimony. If men's situation with respect to custody was better handled, I think a lot of the in-equalities would be smoothed over. Because right now custody favors woman for than really any other in-equality favors a particular sex.

Also, if a man's income changes. He should not have to pay to maintain the woman's level of lifestyle. That is probably the most bull**** part about alimony as it stands. To be honest, many people funnel that money away from their kids too, I think trusts should be setup to direct funds to the kid's lifestyle more than the ex-spouses. It's the kids who should benefit the most under the law, not the woman.

Edited by injurai
  • Like 1

Oy vey!!

It's clear that some of you have never been in a successful long term relationship.

It's also clear that some of you are fighting yestercentury's wars, while not realizing someone else already won them for you.

Edited by Valsuelm

"Stay at home mothers on the other hand are different, they are providing a job and purpose and gladly give half."

Being a parent is not a 'job'. That is insulting to parents and children.

"They should get some cut of retirement savings, savings, and other things."

Wait. Are you saying if a couple divorces and then 25 years later one retires the other (who stayed at home during their marriage) should now get a cut of their retirement?

That is sick and evil.

Again, marriage = joining of two people

Divorce = separation of two people

Some people actuyally believe divorce should be a 'have your cake and eat it too'.

Keep half the money  but don't have  to anything anymore.  So gigolos who marry  rich older women should still get a share of their ex wife's money but no longer have to have sex with them? L0L LOGICZ.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Mmmm okay so they get nothing in return? Man, where are they getting that money to pay their share of rent, their share of the power bills, of the groceries, of the internet and TV, the clothes they wear, the activities you have to pay for when they go out....

Yeah nothing in return.

Also Ben, u seem to have a very outdated sexist view of women. First u think they are all prudes and not into sex whatsoever and you also think that all men are forcing stay at home wives to stay at home and not that alot of them CHOOSE to due to "old fashion" upbringing, religious beliefs, cannot deal with work places, or instead the option of working would rather stay home and take care of the house. You know, not have to work at all...because dammit I would love to stay at home and clean and cook and not have to go to work almost every other day and a job that sucks the soul outta me. Do u see every woman as some prude that ur afraid of corrupting that isn't strong enough to start over and weak? Hate to break it to ya but women are alot tougher than u imply and wanna victimize. Alot tougher.

Stay at home wives who CHOOSE to stay at home and enjoy not having to work, they shouldn't get anything at all if divorced, just the basics to get started with their new life.

Stay at home mothers on the other hand are different, they are providing a job and purpose and gladly give half.

Been, would u be okay with a husband who choose to stay at home and didn't work demand the house and car and rake the wife over the coals who worked her ass off to obtain when the man decides he doesn't want her anymore?

Equality is a 2 way street, if it's wrong for one simply because of their sex then it's equally wrong for the opposite sex as well and vice versa.

well no of course not. Both parents ought to work.

Also, the fact that women entered their marriage on their terms and gain certain things from it doesn’t change the basic dynamics. Same for the fact that the husband works. And I’m not saying this is true for every marriage, I’m just using it as one scenario in which it is important that the wife is takes care for.

Is this an out dated problem? Not in the sense that it doesn’t exist. Certainly in the sense that the problems are old. Then again, marriage is an outrdated institution

https://youtu.be/LkqYnLNmYU0

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

"Stay at home mothers on the other hand are different, they are providing a job and purpose and gladly give half."

Being a parent is not a 'job'. That is insulting to parents and children.

Damn straight.

It is if you think of money saved on child care

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

When things get snarky over the EU divorce bill..

25443161_1670248306330787_42367971602452

LOL

https://www.britannica.com/event/Munich-Agreement

THANK YOU UK!!!

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

But I probably have mistaken and historic disadvantages don't cause any disadvantages today, which is why it is fair to say that Czechs are just lazier people than Finns as average Czech is so much poorer than average Finn. :devil:

Do you see Czechs demanding Fins do give up their wealth in favor of them or what?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

In other news, Dems officially force a 50-50 split in Virginia's House of Delegates, as a very close and contested election finished its recount today with the Dem winning by just 1 vote. Republicans lost both their supermajority and their majority now in this election.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Property is theft

I was thinking for a while if you really mean it. Sorry :)

Schumer: "To pass a bill of tax cuts and have it be so unpopular with the American people is an amazing achievement for the Republicans... Great accomplishment, Mitch."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."