The strongest beta build

Nail

Playing beta 3, potd solo - cleared all map with Berserker / Devoted dual wielding sabres, and I'm almost level 9 and can't kill Titan without cheesing (kiting)

The build is good clearing 2+ mobs, but is not enough to tank serious single targets.

I don't know if Obs changes something, but I can't kill it, even being fully on drugs and potions with 8 alchemy... Has anybody done Titan solo potd in beta 3?

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Only beta2 with Bleak Walker/Soulblade. Went dow quite easily because of the immense raw damage (additional focus from the scarab in the right). But if I remember correctly they buffed the titan in beta3?

In beta2 I reached numbers over 300 with Bleak Walker/Assassin with Great Sword + Assassinate + Backstab + Sneak Attack + Savage Attack + FoD. But I don't know if you can even Assassinate the titan from stealth because of the initial "look how I get reassembled" scene...?

But now in beta3 both Assassinate AND FoD got nerfed so that combo might be a lot weaker now.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Only beta2 with Bleak Walker/Soulblade. Went dow quite easily because of the immense raw damage (additional focus from the scarab in the right). But if I remember correctly they buffed the titan in beta3?

In beta2 I reached numbers over 300 with Bleak Walker/Assassin with Great Sword + Assassinate + Backstab + Sneak Attack + Savage Attack + FoD. But I don't know if you can even Assassinate the titan from stealth because of the initial "look how I get reassembled" scene...?

But now in beta3 both Assassinate AND FoD got nerfed so that combo might be a lot weaker now.

Try FoD + Streetfighter + dual blunderbuss, still oneshot him with that combo.

WNT3J4z.png

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Why Streetfighter? He can't get flanked by the titan alone...? Or do you wait with the shot until you're blooded?

The new PEN system is really good for blunderbusses by the way. ;)

Yeah just keep disengage until you are bloodied, then activate the Powder Burns so you can get +100% weapon crit damage. Or just idle there until u r bloodied...

Backstab + On the edge, + 250% damage bonus...

But with Empower I think Bleak walker/Assasin can still oneshot the titan?

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

I don't know, still can't do anything with melee solo char with Titan... but still trying :)

From what I see a ranged build working fine, so respec is the only way to go... simply can't do it in melee.

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Ranger/Cipher seems pretty strong now as Charm and Dominate spells got buffed. While Ranger is the only class that get tons of Accuracy bonus currently.

Mark the Prey + Stalker's Link + Club Modal = +45 accuracy against will defense, plus the longer charm/dominate duration now. You can easily crit with spell and burst the charm duration to 30-40 second.

Btw with Nature Godlike + Ascendant, I get +5 power level with Cipher spells and my Soul Igintion does around 50 damage per 3 second, which is working correctly now.

With ranger you can easily land it even it target enemy's Fortitude. 350 damage in 20 second is pretty good.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Ranger/Cipher seems pretty strong now as Charm and Dominate spells got buffed. While Ranger is the only class that get tons of Accuracy bonus currently.

Mark the Prey + Stalker's Link + Club Modal = +45 accuracy against will defense, plus the longer charm/dominate duration now. You can easily crit with spell and burst the charm duration to 30-40 second.

Btw with Nature Godlike + Ascendant, I get +5 power level with Cipher spells and my Soul Igintion does around 50 damage per 3 second, which is working correctly now.

With ranger you can easily land it even it target enemy's Fortitude. 350 damage in 20 second is pretty good.

Obviously the Ranger pet also goes well with many of the Cipher abilities (super-pet... someone mentioned using Ectopsychic Echo effectively with the fast pet).

But Stalker's Link is tier 4, so technically you can't get it in the multiclass levels covered by the beta (without using the console). It's also nice that you can get the boost from Stalker's Link for spells cast before combat starts.

Assassin Cipher gets a +25 accuracy boost, though I haven't checked whether smoke veil ranged/spell assassinate is still bugged. Now that the Dominate powers can be cast to initiate combat it seems potentially very good (and fun).... 

• Like 1

Obviously the Ranger pet also goes well with many of the Cipher abilities (super-pet... someone mentioned using Ectopsychic Echo effectively with the fast pet).

But Stalker's Link is tier 4, so technically you can't get it in the multiclass levels covered by the beta (without using the console). It's also nice that you can get the boost from Stalker's Link for spells cast before combat starts.

Assassin Cipher gets a +25 accuracy boost, though I haven't checked whether smoke veil ranged/spell assassinate is still bugged. Now that the Dominate powers can be cast to initiate combat it seems potentially very good (and fun).... 

I tested that assassinate is working with spells now, although the crit bonus is nerfed. But assassinate fireball is still pretty good :p

Yeah both ranger and assassin synergies good with cipher now.

For ranger, you just mark the enemy and let pet attack it, now u get an easy +20 accuracy while other classes are struggling with hitting enemies. This comboes good with single target CC or DoT like Soul Ignition and Disintegration later.

For assassin I think it is a bit situtional because smoke veil has a pretty long recovery time, to cast spells in smoke veil requires u to have high Dex and Int. You can use Shadowing Beyond later, but man 3 Guile is pretty costy for multiclasses...

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95988-question-for-people-with-beta-access-about-multiclassing/?p=1977358

That one (Ghost Heart/Priest of Wael) was pretty nasty against the Engwithan Titan. I think it took at most 30 seconds or so to take down the encounter in the Beta. You self-buff and debuff with Marked Prey and then Auto-Attack the enemy down.

I have finished beta version 3 on classic difficulty. I gave everyone a fine weapon and fine plate armor. It was very easy to win all battles. I did not use any consumables. I started with everyone at lv6. My chars:

- Main char: Bleak Walker/Devoted, dual wielding scepters (max strengh, other stats average)

importent talents: disciplined strikes, dual wielding style, rapid recovery, eternal devotion, retribution, paladin auras

result: good damage, can heal a bit with LoH if neccessary, scepter mode does not damage him much, very useful

- rogue/soul blade dual wielding sabres (max strengh, dex, per; dump res and int)

importent talents: crippling strike, dirty fighting, biting whip, hammering thoughts

result: very good damage, soul annihilation did often more than 100raw damage, I used only crippling strike so no invisibility which means backstab or becoming an assassin would be useless.

- skald/barbarian, dual wielding sabres (high str and int, other stats average)

talents: invocation that lowers armor, invocations that paralyses, other things were barbarian talents.

result: The armor invocation and paralyse invocation were very useful. Low level chants felt useless. The barbarien part felt not very useful. It would have been better to be a pure skald so I get the chant that creates a fire lash for everyone and also a damage invocation. I did not want to use a berserker because of confusion. A chanter can be very useful for the party. But it may be better to single class for having the good stuff earlier or multi classing him with a different support class like paladin or priest because damage wise he is not impressive.

- single class shattered pillar, quarterstaff, (max str and dex, other stats average)

talents: lower wounds, lightning strikes, torments reach, rooting pain, thunderous blows

result: very usefull char. Attacking enemies with torments reach often created 3 or more wounds so I could spam it. Because of rooting pain I interrupted all enemies around me all the time. I chose a 2h weapon because torments reach is a primary attack and a quarterstaff because I don´t want to move so much to reach the enemies.

If high level abilities are not super impressive it may be good to multi class with fighter for more damage to make it easier to spam torments reach

- Priest of Magram, crossbow, (max res and int, other stats average)

talents: restore, suppress affliction, iconic projection, withdraw, dire blessing, consecrated ground, circle of protection, devotions of the faithful.

result: To be honest, his only job was to cast dire blessing and then shining beacon, then iconic projection if something was still alive. I used also suppress affliction and restore if neccessary. Except for shining beacon his damage was pathetic. Basically his job was to cast dire blessing for the party, then do anything else just to feel not completely useless.

It would have been better to have a skald/priest as supporter in the party and add another melee damage dealer to the party.

One more thing:

Moon godlike special silver tide feels useless. It has only 10 base healing and it does not seem to scale with level. This is too weak for giving up a helmet.

Edited by Madscientist

I don't know, still can't do anything with melee solo char with Titan... but still trying :)

From what I see a ranged build working fine, so respec is the only way to go... simply can't do it in melee.

Out of curiosity have tried it with bleakwalker/stalker now. Couldn't do it on lvl 6, but it's easy enough on lvl 9 even with AI-autopilot turned on :)

Link to video. Although it took 33s on normal time...

Btw, he didn't get increased stats with level-scaling (only-up) on; but yeah he gets +15 to defenses, 20% bonus hp and +4 more PEN from potd difficulty:

normal:

- resistance to: dex and str afflictions

- immunity to: res afflictions

- 33 def / 106 fort / 43 reflex / 46 will

- 11 armor (7 vs crush and corrode; 13 vs pierce)

- 5 penetration

- ~515hp

potd (with upscaling on):

- resistance to: dex and str afflictions

- immunity to: res afflictions

- 46 def / 121 fort / 58 reflex / 61 will

- 11 armor (7 vs crush and corrode; 13 vs pierce)

- 9 penetration

- 638hp

P.S. Went with exceptional brigandine and exceptional clubs.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Yeah with Paladin/Ranger you just have tons of cheap Full Attack abilities. You can just dump Dex and spam these wounding shot and FoD. I like paladin/stalker combo a lot.

It's kinda similar to torment reach spamming in PoE 1, but you have only limited resource. For most combat that is enough though.

Edited by dunehunter

^ Exactly)

The main reason ranger was taken as second class is because of 1 resource Full Attacks and the +1 AR from stalker subclass.

Although must say that 7m is really short, and that +1 AR from stalker link doesn't seem to stack with Inspired Defenses.

P.S. Kinda fun, but Lay on Hands on the early levels sometimes is better to keep unupgraded, because of the cost increase.

I don't know, still can't do anything with melee solo char with Titan... but still trying :)From what I see a ranged build working fine, so respec is the only way to go... simply can't do it in melee.

Out of curiosity have tried it with bleakwalker/stalker now. Couldn't do it on lvl 6, but it's easy enough on lvl 9 even with AI-autopilot turned on :)Link to video. Although it took 33s on normal time...Btw, he didn't get increased stats with level-scaling (only-up) on; but yeah he gets +15 to defenses, 20% bonus hp and +4 more PEN from potd difficulty:

normal:- resistance to: dex and str afflictions- immunity to: res afflictions- 33 def / 106 fort / 43 reflex / 46 will- 11 armor (7 vs crush and corrode; 13 vs pierce)- 5 penetration- ~515hppotd (with upscaling on):- resistance to: dex and str afflictions- immunity to: res afflictions- 46 def / 121 fort / 58 reflex / 61 will- 11 armor (7 vs crush and corrode; 13 vs pierce)- 9 penetration- 638hp

P.S. Went with exceptional brigandine and exceptional clubs.

Yeah, clubs is the key due crushing.

I'm with ordinary fine sabres, no way to get them exceptional (only console).

But I've managed to find exceptional mail and breastplate, along with greatsword and arbalest after tough shipfight.

Seems like level 8 is max you can get clearing map before titan...

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

guys, let's be quiet about stalker bleak walker or they're gonna nerf one of the most fun builds.

• Like 1

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I don't find it to be particularly/overly powerful so I don't think there's a nerf incoming.

Just tried a Devoted/Shattered Pillar with Cleaving Stance + Swift Flurry + one handed rapier. If you time it right it's quite the show.

Also a Death Godlike Berserker/Street Fighter focused on crits with Blooded, Barbaric Blow and Bloody Slaughter can be great fun. I hope there will be Vengeful Defeat again though to make this really awesome. ;)

By the way: has anyone tried if the upgrade of Barbaric Blow (effect on kill) or Cleaving Stance (effect on kill) triggers once you kill your own party's summons? Imagine a Berserker/Beckoner for example: confuse will make you hit your own skeletons which will die quickly and you get cost refund or 0 recovery for killing your own buddies with a Barbaric Blow. A Fighter/Beckoner who targets his skeletons rather than his enemies can trigger lots of Cleaving Stance hits - maybe?

The reason I ask is because I'm doing a new PoE barbarian build atm - and in PoE you can trigger Bloodlust and also Blood Thirst when you kill your own summons. Finally Kana's skeletons have some good use! ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

^ In Deadfire carnage doesn't carry onHit and onCrit effects like in PoE1. But it won't hurt checking anyway.

Why didn't you post this yesterday, I would had the time to test it  :grin:

Yeah, Carnage might not trigger on-kill effects either. But you could do increased Carnage-attacks with 0 recovery as long as you kill your own skeletons. Just an idea though. Cleaving Stacne might be better for this because it executes real attacks instead of the measly carnage stuff. 

I was surprised there is no way to respec your char - wanted to try out different approach with my Brute.

Overall - I cleared everything except Brood Mother and Titan solo, can't do those 2 encounters with current build.

I have Exceptional Mail and 2 Fine Sabres, as you understood focus is on sabres :)

You can't reach level 9 normal way before facing Titan.

Final ingridient to make one exceptional item means stealing from Brood Mother, also I feel lack of money.

Here are some stats, I evaluate this build as weak:

h5DNgKH.png

EAk6Kqq.png

38nwg2z.png

As you see - I maxed out perception.

As you see with 20 perception dual wielding critical rate is about 13% and that's pretty low...

Even with pretty high dexterity swings feel slow...

Will try something else.

Edited by Nail

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Since damage is based on how many multipier you can stack, I've come up to two pretty strong combo in the current beta.

1. Berath Priest/Stalker

• High accuracy bonus from ranger, +10 from mark the prey, 10 from flank of pet, 10 from Stalker's link, +20 from accurate wounding shot.
  • Many damage multipliers, +50% from savage blow(since ranger/priest doesn't have sneak attack), +50% lash from spritiual weapon, +60~90% wounding from wounding shot, you can even cast holy power to get +5 Str. And all of these works as multplier.

On an average wounding shot u can deal around 140 damage and with 90% wounding if Max INT. Critical hit can do 160+ damage with 90% wounding.

2. Boar shifting druid/Rogue

• Same idea as previous build. You get a lot damage multipiers. +50% from sneak attack, +20~40% lash from Wildstrike, + wounding from Deep Wounds and from Boar form.
  • Furthermore u can use Taste of Hunt to get more DoT damage.

Combo 1 seems to be better as it gives more accuracy bonus, tankier, and works earlier than 2. But summon weapon could be a problem because the casting time issue.

Edited by dunehunter

Nice combo. You can't get to Deep Wounds with a multiclass char in the beta but at further levels this would be really nice.

Concerning Savage Attack (since it surprised me that it should be multiplicative):

I just did a quick test with a Bleak Walker/rogue and did a Sneak Attack + FoD + Savage Attack and when I re-calculated the damage that was displayed it only all fit when I assumed that Savage Attack is applied additively, not multiplicatively.

Edited by Boeroer