The strongest beta build

Nail

Haha, hilarious. :) Blast seems to be the same cheesefest as Carnage was in PoE beta. ;)

Yeah, check this :D

DKFxBaP.png

I think can top that: try Sharpshooter/Monk with a blasting rod, Swift Flurry and Driving Flight. Driving Flight doubles the blasting (every projectile triggers two blasts: one normal and one from Driving Flight) and every blast has the AoE-potential for a crit. Usually you oly need one shot for a group of 10 spawned dummies. ;)

I guess it's even deadly and superpowerful when Swift Flurry gets fixed. You can still get 4 crits/hits per victim from one shot.

Yeah indeed, fighters get more critical chance, but rangers have driving flight, I agree rangers have a better synergy here. 4 aoe from one shot is really nice to clear enemies.

Haha, hilarious. :) Blast seems to be the same cheesefest as Carnage was in PoE beta. ;)

Yeah, check this :D

DKFxBaP.png

I think can top that: try Sharpshooter/Monk with a blasting rod, Swift Flurry and Driving Flight. Driving Flight doubles the blasting (every projectile triggers two blasts: one normal and one from Driving Flight) and every blast has the AoE-potential for a crit. Usually you oly need one shot for a group of 10 spawned dummies. ;)

I guess it's even deadly and superpowerful when Swift Flurry gets fixed. You can still get 4 crits/hits per victim from one shot.

Does Swift Flurry not work with the blunderbuss AoE modal?... the "primary weapon attack" active abilities don't but it's a passive.....

Another great Swift-Flurry-Combo:

The Long Pain + Driving Flight + Swift Flurry = awesome. Not as many bounces as with a rod + modal, but a lot faster attack speed of course and good base damage. I added a Sharpshooter because Long Pain only has 5 base PEN.

Sadly this causes friendly fire and will kill you. I already reported that bug.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ahahaha!

Try a Soulblade/Conjurer please and console in Citzal's Spirit Lance.

The lance (just as the rod+modal) generates focus with the AoE damage. One attack and you might get 100 focus.

Then - and now comes the best part: Soul Annihilation's raw damage bonus gets applied to all AoE damage rolls. BOOM!  :biggrin:

• Like 4

Ahahaha!

Try a Soulblade/Conjurer please and console in Citzal's Spirit Lance.

The lance (just as the rod+modal) generates focus with the AoE damage. One attack and you might get 100 focus.

Then - and now comes the best part: Soul Annihilation's raw damage bonus gets applied to all AoE damage rolls. BOOM!  :biggrin:

and no doubt the spirit lance needs its base damage increased, yes?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No, why? I didn't suggest that nor did I complain about summoned weapons. Why do you sound like I did? Actually I voted for a scaling based on Power Level and not character level.

But clearly this is an oversight. The raw damage of Soul Annihilation should only be applied to the initial target. 

Edited by Boeroer

No, why? I didn't suggest that nor did I complain about summoned weapons. Why do you sound like I did? Actually I voted for a scaling based on Power Level and not character level.

Funny thing is I didn't even say their base damage should be increased in the thread I started on them, just that they (the Wizard summonables as well as Firebrand) are currently weak.

Funny thing is I didn't even say their base damage should be increased in the thread I started on them, just that they (the Wizard summonables as well as Firebrand) are currently weak.

*chuckle*

first paragraph

"In Pillars of Eternity one of the defining features of the various Wizard summoned weapons (Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff, Citzal's Spirit Lance etc.) was their higher than normal base damage (Concelhaut's Staff had a base damage of 20-30 vs 14-20 for a normal Quarterstaff). This made all +Damage modifiers (in particular Might) that bit more powerful for them. In Deadfire they have the same base damage as their non-summoned versions."

specific demand increase base damage?  no, but lamenting the surfeit effectiveness o' such weapons precise 'cause o' absence o' increased damage.  

misrepresentation indeed.

edit:  couple more... for fun

"The thing is, in PoE the thing that made it good wasn't really the draining (though that was nice), it was the high damage and accuracy bonus."

"Yeah, Firebrand really relied on its high base damage to be good."

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

specific demand increase base damage? no

Exactly. What else you read into it is up to you.

I want them to be effective in Deadfire because they are fun abilities. Despite what you claim, the non-Priest summonables are not currently

Exactly.

Edited by JerekKruger

specific demand increase base damage? no

Exactly. What else you read into it is up to you.

I want them to be effective in Deadfire because they are fun abilities. Despite what you claim, the non-Priest summonables are not currently

Exactly.

"specific demand increase base damage?  no, but lamenting the surfeit effectiveness o' such weapons precise 'cause o' absence o' increased damage."

btw, parse quotes is a childish kinda misrepresentation.

HA! Good Fun!

GoldPact Knight + Tricker, I did this combo today and it seems pretty fun for dueling. Proficiency weapon picked battleaxe + medium shield. Talent picked Brand Enemy + Gouging Strike + Riposte.

With Deep faith + Medium shield block + Mirror Image enemies can barely touch you, while u riposte them with axe, causing bleed damage. And with Brand Enemy + Gouging Strike, these two will DoT the target til the end of battle. Pretty sweet to look at target try to touch u but bleed/burn to death :D

Soloed Skulking-Terror on PotD barely get to

This build is ridiculously good! I tried it out and had no problems soloing the Skulking-Terror on PotD at level 7.

Managed to get to level 7 by sneaking past all the Lagufaeth and rescuing the hatchlings.

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I also managed to solo the Engwithan Titan, which wasn't so easy!

Edited by Drum_Warrior

Completed with a Wild Orlan Wizard

wunmnk.jpg

One super tanky build with decent damage is a Crusader - Fighter (Devoted)/Paladin (Goldpact Knights).

I had no problem soloing both the Skulking-Terror and Engwithan Titan at Level 7.

Tactics were: activate block modal on shield, activate warrior stance, brand enemy, use disciplined strikes, use potion of deftness, attack for consistent hits and crits, toggle interfering strikes on hatchet for debuff enemy accuracy on dangerous attacks, heal when needed.

28w0z15.jpg

Base Attributes as shown, except Resolve which is 18 (+2 is from Rikuhu's Blessing)

2d9cun4.jpg

206ha4x.jpg

wunmnk.jpg

One super tanky build with decent damage is a Crusader - Fighter (Devoted)/Paladin (Goldpact Knights).

I had no problem soloing both the Skulking-Terror and Engwithan Titan at Level 7.

Tactics were: activate block modal on shield, activate warrior stance, brand enemy, use disciplined strikes, use potion of deftness, attack for consistent hits and crits, toggle interfering strikes on hatchet for debuff enemy accuracy on dangerous attacks, heal when needed.

28w0z15.jpg

Base Attributes as shown, except Resolve which is 18 (+2 is from Rikuhu's Blessing)

2d9cun4.jpg

206ha4x.jpg

Hmmm you shall try that build with the Foothill encounter :)

Super high peak damage from Soul Annihilation... Not sure if this is the highest damage from Soul Annihilation, but this is pretty OP to me.

The Great sword modal +50% damage bonus is applied to Soul Annihilation, same as any other -damage bonus from modals.

hThwB9R.png

Edited by dunehunter

How much Focus did you have?

I’m trying to figure out how much damage Soul Annihilation gets per point of Focus.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

How much Focus did you have?

I’m trying to figure out how much damage Soul Annihilation gets per point of Focus.

100 focus.

I think the damage for Soul Annihilation calculated Might twice, if you see its tooltip, the damage there is already amplified by Might, but the real damage u see is amplified by Might again... and weapon modal add more damage to it. 

I think rogue has some other bonus which is added to Soul Annihilation. If you want to test it, better use another class. I tried a helwalker/soul blade, with 31 Str, Savage Attack modal on, I also got 400+ raw damage from Soul Annihilation, that is 1.63 * 1.63 * 1.5 = 3.985 times from the original damage.

Anyway this damage doesn't looks normal to me, it is too high that any other cipher spell is worthless.

Edited by dunehunter

I agree. We should seek clarification from the devs in the bug subforum as to how Soul Annihilation damage is supposed to be derived, so we can spot any unintended behaviors.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

28w0z15.jpg

2d9cun4.jpg

206ha4x.jpg

Hmmm you shall try that build with the Foothill encounter :)

The Foothills encounter was a breeze! Hohina Ravine was harder but i didn't have much trouble getting to the broodmother. I can't see myself surviving a straight up fight with the broodmother mob though  :p

The spore fight was also easy enough. I've yet to try the Engwithan Waystation fights but i think they'll be ok.

Your Goldpact Knight/Trickster was the inspiration for this build; thanks!

• Like 1

wunmnk.jpg

I've just tried a different party set up from my habitual Lady of Pain / Thundercat combo, which is usually accompanied by a Devoted/Berserker, a Berserker/Wizard, and a Priest.

This time I wanted to try a Devoted/Berserker protagonist for it has some advantages over the Lady of Pain that have been luring me in the past days, and I figured I'd try something different for the rest of the crew as well:

Evoker (Nature Godlike)

Berserker/Shifter (instead of Helwalker/Shifter)

Goldpact Knight/Soul Blade

I kept the Priest for Suppress Afflictions as a quick way to get rid of the Berserker's Confusion.

I expected this party to be noticeably worse than my other setup, and the Evoker to contribute little to nothing to the fight.

Playing on PotD with level scaling on and a 7th-level party, I stand corrected. This party steamrolls every encounter.

Focusing on fast-cast Minoletta spells, the Evoker is actually one of my main damage dealers and took down more than an enemy in combat.

Both the Watcher and the Druid are (as expected) much sturdier and durable with Berserker than they were with Helwalker. Even though their damage numbers aren't quite as bombastic, they are reliable DPS characters.

The Goldpact Knight is nice—I actually really like the whole gilded enmity shtick—but I'm not sure I like the combo with Soul Blade. It's not bad per se, but the other characters contribute more to combat in general and I can't spare the extra attention to micro this one as much as it requires.

Very solid party all in all. I'd like to try it without level scaling but I'll be on holiday for two weeks AFK, so I guess that'll only happen in January on new beta build :)

Edited by AndreaColombo

Focusing on fast-cast Minoletta spells, the Evoker is actually one of my main damage dealers and took down more than an enemy in combat.

They're great when Echo fires aren't they. Even Minor Missiles, which seems to have pretty low penetration, does decent damage when it Echos whilst Wellspring is active.

Wounding Shot's DoT damage counts Lash too, so it seems a Sharpshooter/Helwalker is a good combo

With full wounds, I'm able to shoot a Wounding Shot with 70-100 damage per DoT with a crossbow, and DoT ticks 5 times, with the initial shoot damage, that's 420-600 damage with one wounding shot. Pretty decent for me.

Edit: And after looking in the the old thread about DoT, it seems that INT won't affect the total damage for wounding shot. Othewise this would combo good with the Monk Duality Modal that adds 10 INT when full wounds.

Seems in POE 2, Wounding Shot is changed so INT does affect duration and total damage of DoT, the per tick damage won't be reduced because of high INT, this create even better synergy between monk and ranger, Wounding Shot benefit from the high INT of Monk Duality Modal.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 3