The strongest beta build

Nail

I wonder if it will not be the same for the grimoires.

OK, I switch the grimoire. Do I remember the spells in it? No, I consult.

I waiting this feature with impatience, for test it, because I dread its gameplay efficiency.

That even worked in PoE1 - why shouldn't it in Deadfire?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

There is two aspects :

1) Change during the battle and all actions needed fo that.

2) See the list of spells, easily.

If you need each battle a spell in another grimoire. useless clicks.

For counter that, you must make a general panel with all spells of all grimoires on the belt.

...When you click on a spell witch is not with the current grimoire. = auto change.

If not, I'm afraid the system is too heavy. Like in the first game. But, in POE1, we can avoid multi-grimoires. I have never used this fonction. Here it is different...

So I resume :

On the bar, you see ALL the spells you have on the belt + the main grimoire in inventory. If it's a spells in belt's grimoire :

(Change needed)

On the description of the spell.

The game do the change of grimoire and start the spell at the same time.

Like that, you create a practical system AND you see all your possibilities.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

There is two aspects :

1) Change during the battle and all actions needed fo that.

2) See the list of spells, easily.

If you need each battle a spell in another grimoire. useless clicks.

For counter that, you must make a general panel with all spells of all grimoires on the belt.

...When you click on a spell witch is not with the current grimoire. = auto change.

If not, I'm afraid the system is too heavy. Like in the first game. But, in POE1, we can avoid multi-grimoires. I have never used this fonction. Here it is different...

So I resume :

On the bar, you see ALL the spells you have on the belt + the main grimoire in inventory. If it's a spells in belt's grimoire :

(Change needed)

On the description of the spell.

The game do the change of grimoire and start the spell at the same time.

Like that, you create a practical system AND you see all your possibilities.

Oh that is a great idea. Maybe they could show the spells from each grimoire in divergent colors or something so you would know you have to switch as well.
  • Like 1

Doing some test on how power level affect Cipher spells.

I picked Death Godlike Helwalker/Ascendant to try to stack as much might/power level as possible. And there's some interesting result :)

35 burn damage per 3 second for almost 30 second is not bad for Soul Ignition. I hope Ascendant is not so broken tho, it has some potential to be a great class.

1BfLnit.png   fUSIjk5.png

• Like 1

It is ironical, because Helwaker is a very interresting class (much taken by players...) by I still think 50 % damage taken is far too much.

At max, 10 % might / 20-30 % damage taken would be much more acceptable (2 or 3 % damage taken by wound)

Edited by theBalthazar

Wouldn't it be easier to pick a Nature Godlike? Sure, it "only" gives you +2 Power Level with an inspiration, but you don't have to juggle around with low endurance (on your and the enemies' side).

The 5 second window of the Ascendant is totally stupid. I wish they would just remove it completely or at least extend it to 10, better 15 secs. Most spells of the cipher take longer than 5 seconds to cast (with 10 DEX) and you can't generate focus anymore if you start casting before reaching max focus. Whoever chose that value of 5 seconds didn't really think it through.

Besides that: nice! :)  

Wouldn't it be easier to pick a Nature Godlike? Sure, it "only" gives you +2 Power Level with an inspiration, but you don't have to juggle around with low endurance (on your and the enemies' side).

The 5 second window of the Ascendant is totally stupid. I wish they would just remove it completely or at least extend it to 10, better 15 secs. Most spells of the cipher take longer than 5 seconds to cast (with 10 DEX) and you can't generate focus anymore if you start casting before reaching max focus. Whoever chose that value of 5 seconds didn't really think it through.

Besides that: nice! :)  

Yeah I'm just doing some test on power levels, see how much it impact on the damage. Of course nature godlike is better for casters. So if the caster time is faster and Ascendant window is removed, this subclass is pretty strong right?

What’s Pallid Fate again? Death Godlike’s Second racial?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Doing some test on how power level affect Cipher spells.

I picked Death Godlike Helwalker/Ascendant to try to stack as much might/power level as possible. And there's some interesting result :)

35 burn damage per 3 second for almost 30 second is not bad for Soul Ignition. I hope Ascendant is not so broken tho, it has some potential to be a great class.

1BfLnit.png   fUSIjk5.png

On Soul Ignition---it has 0 base penetration, which reduces the damage by 70% against anyone with significant armor (at least, it does about 4 base damage per tick rather than 12). 

You can cast Body Attunement first to help reach the penetration = AR threshold (tested it just now), but then it's very difficult to be at max focus for SI---unless you've got two ciphers... but Body Attunement is 4th tier so you'd need an extra single-class cipher in the beta.

(Also remember that spell damage is most likely going to be moved to Resolve,so the Helwalker bonus won't apply.)

Edited by SaruNi

Fighter/Monk with Rod seems to be a strong combo...

So your Stunning Blow will become an AOE stun if you have Blast modal on.

And any critical attack from Blast will trigger Swift Flurry extra attack, even it is not worked as intended now, Disciplined Strike + Blast will almost make sure the extra attack is triggered, which result into another aoe blast.

CXyDkMH.png

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 2

That’s brilliant! :D

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

what u guys say about:

fighter/rogue - full deflection/riposte

paladin/wizard - extra tank + wizard self buffs and jolting touches

chipher/rogue - biting whip sneak attacker

chanter/priest - healing and summons

which single class is still better left single?

thank you for replies.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

what u guys say about:

fighter/rogue - full deflection/riposte

paladin/wizard - extra tank + wizard self buffs and jolting touches

chipher/rogue - biting whip sneak attacker

chanter/priest - healing and summons

which single class is still better left single?

thank you for replies.

A Fighter/Tricker or Wizard/Streetfighter would be good ripositer. 

Multiclass wizard doesn't have enough resource to blast and prot at same time imo.

Soul blade/Assassin is a good off combo.

Chanter/priest should be cool support/summon combo imo.

Wizard imo should be left single if you want to blast things.

Edited by dunehunter

Support priests should be left single, if you want the good buffs as soon as possible for your team (e. g. Devotions for the Faithful, Champion's Boon and potentially Crowns for the Faithful are still game changers). Priests have a history of getting pretty powerful late-game stuff...

Nature Godlike single class Evoker is also pretty darn good (especially the Minoletta spells).

Edited by L4wlight
  • Like 1

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Nature Godlike Helwalker/Lifegiver is a great Thundercat *wink wink* ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

Nature Godlike single class Evoker is also pretty darn good (especially the Minoletta spells).

Seems you get 1 extra missile every 2 power levels. Since the base is 3 missiles, each missile should be equivalent to about +33.333% damage.... so about +66.666% damage from Nature Godlike Evoker relative to base. Multiplied by 1.3 on average for the echo effect for about 86.666%? Also +1 penetration. And apparently power level is supposed to increase damage per projectile a little bit too, though I'm not seeing that in the damage reported by the UI.

The 0 recovery time for Wizard self-buffs makes the Nature Godlike bonus much easier to use for Wizards than for Druids (Cat form speed bonus doesn't count as an Inspiration and Nature's Vigor has a 5 second recovery time).

Edited by SaruNi

devoted/soulblade with a pike turned out exceptionally dpsish, a lot of crits, a stable 60-80 dps flow with 10 str.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Haha, hilarious. :) Blast seems to be the same cheesefest as Carnage was in PoE beta. ;)

Yeah, check this :D

DKFxBaP.png

I think can top that: try Sharpshooter/Monk with a blasting rod, Swift Flurry and Driving Flight. Driving Flight doubles the blasting (every projectile triggers two blasts: one normal and one from Driving Flight) and every blast has the AoE-potential for a crit. Usually you oly need one shot for a group of 10 spawned dummies. ;)

I guess it's even deadly and superpowerful when Swift Flurry gets fixed. You can still get 4 crits/hits per victim from one shot.

It is indeed. Even without penetrating I managed to do some pretty decent damage with an Echoed Minor Missile after casting Fleet Feet to activate Wellspring of Life. However, playing around with this is what made me realise I'm not fond of the changes to Vancian casters. Two spell casts per level is too restrictive to my mind.