The strongest beta build

Nail

Just found an interesting disengagement combo. So Blade Turning will reflect enemies' attack back, it can combo with Disengagement. So first step, engage as many enemy as possible; 2nd step, turn on Blade Turning; 3rd step, leave to trigger Disengagement. BOOOM! All enemies u engaged are hit by their own Disengagement attacks!!

That sounds hilariously broken :)

It really depends on how hard enemies hit, if they hit like noodle, even disengagement attack will not do much :p

Just found an interesting disengagement combo. So Blade Turning will reflect enemies' attack back, it can combo with Disengagement. So first step, engage as many enemy as possible; 2nd step, turn on Blade Turning; 3rd step, leave to trigger Disengagement. BOOOM! All enemies u engaged are hit by their own Disengagement attacks!!

Awesomest so far! :D

But does Blade Turning reflect damage back to enemies? I had the impression it also hits allies...?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Berserker+ shattered pillar is ridicolous.

One hand style( +12) + rapier (+5) + modal(+20) + accuracy talents + swift flurry + berserk --> up to 15 crits chained after 1 crit --> 320 dmg , with 1 sec buffing time

Careful with usage of word "style", there are talents with it in their names and 1H Style does not increase accuracy.

However, once 1H style gets redesigned (not buffed, it was redesigned) like it was in PoE1 it will help you with your crits too.

Redesign of 1H Style is pretty much a given, the question is whether or not will it help with crits.

Edited by hilfazer

Vancian =/= per rest.

Awesomest so far! :D

But does Blade Turning reflect damage back to enemies? I had the impression it also hits allies...?

I think it just reflect attacks back.

But Hel-Hyraf and Killers Froze Stiff is now as OP as Dragon THrashed was.

Another cheesy thing with Hel-Hyraf: the upgraded version prolongs the duration every time the target gets hit. Now shoot at it with a blunderbuss (5 pellets) and guess what happens. :)

Just tried on a chanter/sharpshooter.

• Like 1

Actually I DO figure out Terrified enemies will try to escape from caster, this makes the Unbroken/Wizard a funny combo.

Engage enemies, cast Ryngrim's Replusive Visage, and enjoy enemies get really big disengagement attacks. Then hook them back with Into the Fray :)

Pick a Fire Godlike and in later game just cast Wall of Flame under your feet, see if enemies will stand in fire or suffer the big disengagement attack. I just hope into the Fray can work in longer range.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 5

I just soloed the beta on normal with a bleak walker/berserker with sabres. Berserk + flames of devotion full attack was enough to kill 3/4 of the monster on spot, the survivors were in near death anyway. For boss also sworn enemy. You can reach both big dmg ( 50% hit to crit conversion, major accuracy bonuses, high penetration with berserker) and great survivability ( paladin super defenses + defensive talents). Moreover with the new system you can "cancel" might and const affliction on demand going berserk.

Very strong and easy to play

I just soloed the beta on normal with a bleak walker/berserker with sabres. Berserk + flames of devotion full attack was enough to kill 3/4 of the monster on spot, the survivors were in near death anyway. For boss also sworn enemy. You can reach both big dmg ( 50% hit to crit conversion, major accuracy bonuses, high penetration with berserker) and great survivability ( paladin super defenses + defensive talents). Moreover with the new system you can "cancel" might and const affliction on demand going berserk.

holy **** this is ridiculously fun and holds up on veteran difficulty too.

• Like 1

Time to try PoTD i guess?

You need to remember though that Sabres and all the other heavy hitting one handers except spears are set to fast attack speed instead of slow. Should be 3 second recovery not one second. When that gets fixed your dps will drop by half. 

To use now without broken weapons you'd need to use fast attack speed weapons like daggers and clubs or use spears. Still makes for the strongest melee build in my opinion and the winner of my Chainsaw title.

You need to remember though that Sabres and all the other heavy hitting one handers except spears are set to fast attack speed instead of slow. Should be 3 second recovery not one second. When that gets fixed your dps will drop by half.

To use now without broken weapons you'd need to use fast attack speed weapons like daggers and clubs or use spears. Still makes for the strongest melee build in my opinion and the winner of my Chainsaw title.

You are partially right, i mean : since flames of devotion are a full attack, the attack speed and recovery time have less weight.

AND WHEN YOU RUN OUT OF FOD THERE WILL BE NOONE LEFT ALIVE ANYWAY.

( You are a bleak walker for something after all)

I'm playing around with a Priest of Wael + Sharpshooter. I have to say this is a great combination. I summon the "faith-imbued" rod right at the start of combat and activate the blast modal.

The cool thing is that blast in Deadfire seems to be a real weapon attack and not some seperate thing - basically like Carnage was in PoE. That means that the enormous 60% corrosive lash of the divine rod gets applied to all enemies in range. I'm constanlty hitting for 50+ damage in an AoE AND can heal and buff. Sharpshooter is great in order to get penetration (go nearer than 4m) or to get higher ACC (farther away). And of course the stag helps a bunch, too.

I also tried the idea with the double sceptre Bleak Walker/Helwalker in order to get wounds and retribution just by using the scepter modal. I didn't know that the modal not only gives you bonus damage, but also +2 PEN which is great (scepters already have high PEN). FoD with double scepter isn't the strongest thing you could possibly do when it comes to base damage, but once you overpenetrate (easy with FoD-crit + 10 PEN atm) things fly apart with the help of +10 MIG and +25% Retribution. It's fun!
I don't even have Lightning Strikes yet...

Then: Berserker + Street Fighter is a good combo as well. Lots of Full Attacks that shred clouds quickly. I also like the status names of the Streetfighter ("searching for a fight, heating up etc. "). :) Heating Up + Blooded is a nice dmg combo.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 5

I'm playing around with a Priest of Wael + Sharpshooter. I have to say this is a great combination. I summon the "faith-imbued" rod right at the start of combat and activate the blast modal.

The cool thing is that blast in Deadfire seems to be a real weapon attack and not some seperate thing - basically like Carnage was in PoE. That means that the enormous 60% corrosive lash of the divine rod gets applied to all enemies in range. I'm constanlty hitting for 50+ damage in an AoE AND can heal and buff. Sharpshooter is great in order to get penetration (go nearer than 4m) or to get higher ACC (farther away). And of course the stag helps a bunch, too.

I also tried the idea with the double sceptre Bleak Walker/Helwalker in order to get wounds and retribution just by using the scepter modal. I didn't know that the modal not only gives you bonus damage, but also +2 PEN which is great (scepters already have high PEN). FoD with double scepter isn't the strongest thing you could possibly do when it comes to base damage, but once you overpenetrate (easy with FoD-crit + 10 PEN atm) things fly apart with the help of +10 MIG and +25% Retribution. It's fun!

Then: Berserker + Street Fighter is a good combo as well. Lots of Full Attacks that shred clouds quickly. I also like the status names of the Streetfighter ("searching for a fight, heating up etc. "). :) Heating Up + Blooded is a nice dmg combo.

So you mean Blast from rod can trigger special affliction from abilities? Like Blind Strikes?

That I don't know (didn't try). All I know is that the lash is applied. :)

But it seems so...

Just did some small test, Blast will trigger Affliction, Powder Burns won't :)

Btw Shadow Step won't work with Blast, too bad I want AOE Paralyze.

PS: Retribution doesn't work on Scepter Modal. I think its a bug.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

So you mean Blast from rod can trigger special affliction from abilities? Like Blind Strikes?

It can, that was my first build (wael/rouge) and it was much more effective than I thought. It's only lacking in penetration and enough guile maybe to fire all the sweet rouge debuffs on everybody