The strongest beta build

Nail

a) it's a bug and it will be fixed

True.

b) why bother with powers when you have soul anihilation **hits for 170 damage**.

I dunno, at 5 Focus I'd probably use the occasional Whispers of Treason. It takes basically no time to build back the lost Focus and Charm is a brilliant form of Crowd Control.

Edited by JerekKruger

Since it doesn't matter which weapon you use for Soul Annihilation I could see myself using a single handed rapier + modal just for the Soul Annihilation. Dual weapons for the focus, (quick)switch, single rapier delivers SA reliably. Too bad you can't tell the AI to switch weapons.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Since it doesn't matter which weapon you use for Soul Annihilation I could see myself using a single handed rapier + modal just for the Soul Annihilation. Dual weapons for the focus, (quick)switch, single rapier delivers SA reliably. Too bad you can't tell the AI to switch weapons.

Would be nice to have AI to switch weapons, and have quick switch availble to everybody.

• Like 3

I've played a lot more, and it pains me to report this: One of my custom parties consisted of three dual-wielding shred psyblades and two super-healing templars, and it sucked so bad compared to my other runs, all having instead used fighter as one of the characters' multiclasses. :(

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Nature Godlike : Shifter/Monk. Max strength and do whatever with the rest. Lightning strikes, dual wield, lesser wounds, natures vigour, your choice of claw damage. Pretty sure lots of combos after that will work. One of the best I've tested for dps.

• Like 1

They don't, but you can stack Wildstrike + Lighting lashes and the faster attack speed is great for a shifter who can't have a lot of gear, too. It's a nice combo.

My favorite is still Monk/Wizard.

On that note - is devoted/shifter able to use claws as if it was the weapon he/she is proficient with?

I tested it yesterday and, sadly, no. I was hoping that they counted as unarmed, but they don't. Would be great if Obsidian could add a proficiency for Claws (or give it automatically to all Druids or, at least, Shifters).

• Like 1

What do you need PL when shifted for? Claws don't scale with PL but with char level, swift strikes don't scale with PL. I think transcendent suffering scales with PL but it does't work shifted. You can't cast spells when shifted either. You can also trigger it with precasting nature's vigor but I'm not even sure nature godlike is a good choice here.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Anyone have tested some new good combos in Beta 4? I personally tested a paladin/ascendant combo which I feel is good. Sworn enemy + Eternal flame + Ascended + Mind blades, but this relies on two bug, that lash of eternal flame applies to spells, and ascended applies to spells :) My mind blades do more than 130 damage which is more than a swing of 2h sword.

Lash of eternal flames should apply to spells, it doesn't say "weapons only". On that note I would unnerf Aefyllath Mith Fyr to work on spells as well. 

Whip damage bonus applied to Cipher spells in PoE1, which is weird, but at this point you could call it a feature.

Edited by MadDemiurg

But then Eternal Flames would be better than the FoD strike itself, which would be weird. And also way better than Shared Flames. I think it was the right decision to remove spells from Mith Fyr. Instead they should have put some nice passives for spells. 

Depends on the build.

Also, you have a song that boosts party damage, why it should exclude spellcasters? Because the song is too powerful then? Well, maybe add another one for spell damage so you have to chose, idk. But there are more OP songs atm imo.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with it (or other abilities) boosting spells tho. We need more of these buffs, not less.

Edited by MadDemiurg

That is correct. It's just a design decision I agree with. An upgrade to Mith Fyr (so that it helps all damage) is a nice idea. Also a passive for casters that would add a lash (or some ohter benefical effect) to spell damage would be nice. I like clear, easy to understand effects/abilites - and many of them. ;) 

Tbh the real bug with ascendant/paladin is that all mind blades can hit the same target, no way that was intended.

That been said, if it wasn't the case, 120 total dmg from an aoe ability is way too weak when I can casually do 80-180 with weapon abilities single target with much lower recovery. Aoe ability (total)dmg should be at least 1.5 times higher to compete in utility with single target. Probably even more.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Well whatever the reason for it the shifter/monk nature god like was at or near the top of numerous builds I tried for dps. I'm not one to pretend to know all the ins and outs when many things are still not clearly stated what exactly does what. All I can verify is the start to finish results of beta with the same party composition every time. 2 + vague description = 2 so I can't go by that. I have to rely on trial and error and end of run stats.