Latest Avellone DRAMA - accuses Obsidian HR of harassment, regrets signing NDA

Infinitron

*shrug* dude has grievances which may be about Obsidian, we have one side of the story presented in vague terms & will likely never get both sides. Any opinion I could have would just be speculation. A nothing story.

Quite honestly, we don't have either side of the story which is why the vague hints are so irksome.

• Like 3

Didn't someone else also have issues with Parker? 

the pittsburgh fans had a love-hate relationship with parker.  threw stuff at him from the stands in right field after he were given one o' the first million dollar mlb contracts... 1979? dave parker had talent to succeed roberto clemente's legacy in right, but not the work ethic.

different parker?

HA! Good Fun! 

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The guy says that the working environment is absolutely toxic to him so he must be right? Guess so. Makes me wonder how many people work in that company under the same circumstances Avellone has described. 

Don't really care much for Obsidian nowadays, there are a whole lot of good games to play out there. Didn't like Pillars of Eternity and I probably won't bother with Tyranny either. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Pardon my manners, I will convert to an Obsidianite right now, baptize myself in a playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas loaded with mods and make sure that I ask Tim and Josh for forgiveness. 

Amen.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Pardon my manners, I will convert to an Obsidianite right now, baptize myself in a playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas loaded with mods and make sure that I ask Tim and Josh for forgiveness. 

Amen.

Nuh-uh. No mods allowed. Unless it's JE Sawyer's mod.

(as for Tyranny, maybe give it a shot -- I never could get into PoE either but enjoyed Tyranny well enough for a full playthrough or three)

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The guy says that the working environment is absolutely toxic to him so he must be right? Guess so. Makes me wonder how many people work in that company under the same circumstances Avellone has described. 

Don't really care much for Obsidian nowadays, there are a whole lot of good games to play out there. Didn't like Pillars of Eternity and I probably won't bother with Tyranny either. 

Yes, to him perhaps. If the working environment was toxic in general it would show up on glassdoor.com reviews about the workplace.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Still going on about this sounds to me that he actually didn’t want to leave, but did so anyway.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

To be honest, unless there is more information forthcoming its all irrelevant to me. I happen to like both Obs and Avellone - this apparent feud is pretty minor and shouldn't effect my sentiment to either, at least until something more concrete comes out. It doesn't say much about Fergus and his approach to management though. Clearly there was an issue which could have been sorted out.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

To be honest, unless there is more information forthcoming its all irrelevant to me. I happen to like both Obs and Avellone - this apparent feud is pretty minor and shouldn't effect my sentiment to either, at least until something more concrete comes out. It doesn't say much about Fergus and his approach to management though. Clearly there was an issue which could have been sorted out.

It is not an easy situation for Feargus if two of his partners can't get along with each other. At that point it isn't management issue, it's more of personal issue with Avellone and the Parkers. Keep in mind these are people Feargus probably consider as his close friends.

No matter what he does in a situation like these, he is going to piss off one of his partners/friends

Hate the living, love the dead.

Eh he was there for a very long time. After a long enough time every company is going to have conflicts.

Of course every company has office politics, egos etc....

Dealing with that is part of good management, particularly when the conflict is allegedly between your top talent. Of course it's possible that the breakdown was irrevocable but sometimes that can be avoided with compromise.

With no information at hand, I'm not saying that Fergus did anything wrong, just that this does raise some questions about management.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

But because we don't have any into, it could be that someone went diva and could be one sided.

I mean I have a couple co workers I can't stand, not because they are bad people or have personally annoyed me, just simply for having a different work habit. It is a problem but it's my problem and alot of times people don't see that they are the problem and not anyone else.

I'm kinda siding with the diva simply because i can see someone is acting like one in this situation and don't see any other sides. Flawed yes, but then again it's on the blessed talented and important diva for the info and how they give it out.

• 5 months later...