You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Sharp_One is BruceVC's counterpart, duh. By design.

I just can't see them two hitting it off. Qis and Bruce on the other hand was a romantic love story just starting to blossom before she went away... :wub:
Too bad she left too. It's been a long time since I was threatened with death.
who is this Qis exactly?

Oh you missed a winner there. She would start these posts with a long rant about world peace and flowers and puppies and stuff and then link these videos and it all had a sinister kind of undertone. Then three or four pages in her other personality took over and she was raving how the west is evil and Allah will kill us all and stuff like that.

Ah... sad. My money was on her wanting to kill bourgeois dogs, declaring that "all landowners are thieves"

No that was Lord of Flies. Well, that was one of his alts anyway. There were others. Hmmm if a person has multiple personalities and they all create and account does that count as alts? 

Now there is a question for the mods to puzzle over!  :lol: 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sharp_One is BruceVC's counterpart, duh. By design.

I just can't see them two hitting it off. Qis and Bruce on the other hand was a romantic love story just starting to blossom before she went away... :wub:
Too bad she left too. It's been a long time since I was threatened with death.
who is this Qis exactly?
Oh you missed a winner there. She would start these posts with a long rant about world peace and flowers and puppies and stuff and then link these videos and it all had a sinister kind of undertone. Then three or four pages in her other personality took over and she was raving how the west is evil and Allah will kill us all and stuff like that.
Ah... sad. My money was on her wanting to kill bourgeois dogs, declaring that "all landowners are thieves"

No that was Lord of Flies. Well, that was one of his alts anyway. There were others. Hmmm if a person has multiple personalities and they all create and account does that count as alts?

Now there is a question for the mods to puzzle over! :lol:

Hehehehehe.... a radical calling himself Lord of Flies. :lol:

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Luckily, neither Oby or Qistina have accounts anymore.

Shame, they were amusing posters, really. Forum was a lot more fun with them around watching people getting spun up over them.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Shame, they were amusing posters, really. Forum was a lot more fun with them around watching people getting spun up over them.

Trolls need to evolve with the times; here at Obsidian we appreciate a higher class of trolling where the subject needs to make an elaborate argument that has to be plausible before we even bother responding to it. Any bait thread will die out before it hits 3 pages; that is why I love this place, it is snobby and it sure makes you up your game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Quantity of winding up isn't always better than quality.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trolls need to evolve with the times

hmmm.

is not braggadocio, 'cause who would take pride in being a presence on crpg message boards for almost two decades, but we will observe how our personal shtick has remained unfiltered and consistent since we first adopted the Gromnir bit. less frequent shakespeare quotes? 

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I also miss Qistina. What a fascinating, conflicted personality. Till the end, I never knew if she was serious or trolling. I hope she's doing well. 

am not certain if she were genuine, but am thinking it is unfortunate how as the lone voice purported representing a moderate Muslim perspective from somebody s'posed living in Malaysia, it were too easy for folks to generalize based on her singular contributions. 

am hopeful 'she' were just trolling, and were actual a joshua ryne goldberg in a hijab. am having known many American muslims and we would be disappointed if qistina were anything other than a puppet show to whip up the righteous indignation o' the locals. 'course even if she were legit, she would nevertheless represent only a single voice.

HA! Good Fun!

ps thanks again to wod for introducing us to mr. goldberg.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, the 'moderate' muslim who reveals she wants to kill all. Just like Bruce, the obnoxious SJW who slowly turns conservative when exposed to 'logic'. Yeah, those people aren't real, actual people don't correspond 100% to tea party figments of imagination. It's not hard to figure out which members are most desperate to create fake proof and strawmen for those views. ;)

• Like 2

Spotting alts used to be a sport around here. My favorite part was when they forgot what name they were signed in under and posted something out of character. That's how LoF was caught.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Was Qis the one who was raging on Bioware because in DA2 those troll looking warriors we're supposed to be a depiction of bioware's view of the Islamic faith and followers?

That was, according to her, what got her banned from bio's boards.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Shaved of my beard, all 30 cm's of it (About a foot for you imperialist dogs :p )

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah, the 'moderate' muslim who reveals she wants to kill all. Just like Bruce, the obnoxious SJW who slowly turns conservative when exposed to 'logic'. Yeah, those people aren't real, actual people don't correspond 100% to tea party figments of imagination. It's not hard to figure out which members are most desperate to create fake proof and strawmen for those views. ;)

I'm pretty embarrased that I gave Bruce the benefit of the doubt as long as I did. When I finally came to the realization that it was a troll it was so obvious. He had me going for far too long. Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A 1ft beard! Holy moley, youre like a bushman! What made you decide to shave it?

I was zipping up my jacket yesterday and it got caught in the zip without me noticing it. So when I suddenly raised my chin a bit later I gave myself a really, really, really painful "waxing" on a 2sqcm area beneath my chin. That. Pain.

And I was getting annoyed with maintaining it, having to comb it and such in the mornings to not look like a caveman was getting annoying. And to remind myself how my face actually looked. :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

To all our American forumites, Happy Labor Day Weekend!

8zvqpgT.jpg

To all the other forumites, Happy Regular Weekend!

Side note, hard to see in the picture, but there is Negra Modelo in the stein.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Must..resist...talking..about mustache.

I know, I know, it's impossibly manly.  We could spend pages talking about its glory, but I don't want to derail the thread, so I appreciate your restraint.  I am, however, a generous man; thus, I give you another gander at it in these pictures from my trip to the park earlier today:

FWwpcO9.jpg

My trademark Hawaiian shirt, straw hat combo.  The classics never go out of style.  :shifty:

k3XoNZV.jpg

iT11EUg.jpg

ADR5qgH.jpg

I had to work yesterday, so that ruined any plans for a big excursion for Labor Day weekend.  Luckily, Charlotte has a ton of nice parks all over the city, making a staycation pleasant, if less exciting.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Seriously though, that's a nice area. Seems to be deserted though...

I got there fairly early.  More people were arriving as I was leaving.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸