Politics 2017 Act 6

Israel also has a slightly different relationship with Palestine than the US does with Mexico.  :blink:

if the new administration gets its way, who can say?  hyperbole 'course.  the US ain't trying to stop waves o' suicide bombers from mexico.  is no analogue to fear o' hamas cells carrying out attacks on israeli motorists or communities under cover o' darkness, and slipping back 'cross the border before dawn. the israelis got different needs and their wall serves a different purpose... a wall which is mostly fencing and protects less than 300 miles o' border after 10 years has elapsed since start o' construction.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Who is the shadowy informant in a room of Trump, Lavrov and Kislyak?

And McMaster and a Russian photographer for some of the time, at least.

Putin trolls beautifully. Everything from releasing the meeting pictures to offering a transcript is designed to get knees jerking through desks. And the funny thing is whatever he may or may not have done to 'subvert democracy' (lol) the US itself is doing a far, far better job than he could ever have imagined.

Not really, this  notion that Putin wants the USA to " fail " is patently untrue 

He desperately needs a  better relationship with the USA so Russia gets some sanction relief,  Putin does want to undermine the principle of Democracies but thats only because he needs to justify his own failed autocracy and extreme domestic political policies.... "  we kill journalists and control the media narrative because we dont want to end up like failed Western Democracies ...look at the foolish USA, there elections are a joke ...we need Putin to guide us to true glory " and other rhetoric 

And yes Russia did attempt to " subvert Democracy " with numerous attempts to undermine elections in the USA  and other countries. Thats exactly what happened, I'm not sure why thats so funny?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not sure if posted already, but I think Putin is having some genuine fun here...

It is a bit funny

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not sure if posted already, but I think Putin is having some genuine fun here...

It is a bit funny

Nevermind, the link works now.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Works fine for me.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It is a bit funny

Its fine for Putin to laugh, Russia has been understandably vilified and criticized due there interference in numerous elections 

But the joke is on them, as I mentioned Russia wanted a better relationship with the USA and this is highly unlikely due to  all this negative attention on the overall health of the USA\Russia relationship  :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Russians always lie. 

Tell me lies...

Tell me sweet little lies...

Natalia...

1f3b298482de0b158bebc1e6f302d139.jpg

Slavic women is the best women. No lie.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The co-author of President Trump's bestselling book "The Art of the Deal" said Wednesday that he thinks the president is in the middle of a "significant meltdown."

"I think he's reacting from a survival place," Tony Schwartz told Anderson Cooper on CNN's "360." "He's in pure defensive mode. I think that he's being run by the part of his brain that's reactive and impulsive, not capable of reflection."

"The sense of siege that he feels because his sense of self-worth is so, so vulnerable that the series of things that have happened are overwhelming to him."

Schwartz's remarks follow the Justice Department Wednesday appointing a special counsel to probe Russian meddling into the 2016 presidential election.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announced that former FBI Director Robert Mueller had accepted the role.

Trump responded to the news in a statement Wednesday, saying that a federal investigation would find "no collusion" between his 2016 campaign and "any foreign entity."

"I look forward to this matter concluding quickly," Trump added. "In the meantime, I will never stop fighting for the people and the issues that matter most to the future of our country."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-39950424

Donald Trump says: "No politician in history… has been treated worse or more unfairly"

Well, maybe someone could treat you like Lincoln or JFK. Would you be happier?

I was watching this comment on CNN, its rich and hypercritical for Trump to say something like this

I have never lately seen  any Western politician who has been so rude and dismissive to established institutions like the Media  than Trump has been

He made several egregious judgement calls in his presidency like attacking the media....now he must deal with the consequences :)

John Milton 

Wait....so the media can attack you all day long and thats fine, but if u attack back, your in the wrong?

Lets not kid ourselves here, they both asking for this and both deserve this. Established media is turning itself off to people and people are terrified of it and don't even trust the media anymore. After it blatantly tried to manipulate the public, Trump is the cause of our media. Unfortunately we selected a ****ed up answer to a ****ed up problem and so we have Trump for president.

Cause and effect, they made for each other, 2 dumpster fires that can't stop trying to burn the other one.

So a middle finger to Trump AND our media, Trump's a piece of **** and our media isn't a shining beacon anymore when it lets biasedness stop it from airing info because it could hurt "political party" or providing undistorted facts.

Wait....so the media can attack you all day long and thats fine, but if u attack back, your in the wrong?

Lets not kid ourselves here, they both asking for this and both deserve this. Established media is turning itself off to people and people are terrified of it and don't even trust the media anymore. After it blatantly tried to manipulate the public, Trump is the cause of our media. Unfortunately we selected a ****ed up answer to a ****ed up problem and so we have Trump for president.

Cause and effect, they made for each other, 2 dumpster fires that can't stop trying to burn the other one.

So a middle finger to Trump AND our media, Trump's a piece of **** and our media isn't a shining beacon anymore when it lets biasedness stop it from airing info because it could hurt "political party" or providing undistorted facts.

Red, trust me there are several important lessons I have learnt about how to have a healthy, positive  and sustainable lifestyle 

If you a politician you cannot make the media your enemy for no reasonable reason. He was criticizing the media back in the days when he needed to win the Republican presidential candidacy, it was unprecedented and as I said he has absolutely made enemies of numerous media institutions 

He was under the mistaken impression that a man can be greater than the global media, its not likely. Anyone in the public limelight can have a good and respectful relationship with the media, the onus is on them as the media is generally not hard to understand or rationalize  :)

John Milton 

Red, trust me there are several important lessons I have learnt about how to have a healthy, positive and sustainable lifestyle

If you a politician you cannot make the media your enemy for no reasonable reason. He was criticizing the media back in the days when he needed to win the Republican presidential candidacy, it was unprecedented and as I said he has absolutely made enemies of numerous media institutions

He was under the mistaken impression that a man can be greater than the global media, its not likely. Anyone in the public limelight can have a good and respectful relationship with the media, the onus is on them as the media is generally not hard to understand or rationalize :)

Trump attacking the media was one of the few things I could get behind with him.

Let me ask you some questions, is the USA media honest and unbiased? Are you okay with media NOT being nuetral? Are you okay with the media being nothing more than political propaganda machines, where truth is sacrificed or twisted by both sides?

Red, trust me there are several important lessons I have learnt about how to have a healthy, positive  and sustainable lifestyle 

He was under the mistaken impression that a man can be greater than the global media, its not likely. Anyone in the public limelight can have a good and respectful relationship with the media, the onus is on them as the media is generally not hard to understand or rationalize   :)

well he pissed on all main media and still won election, I would consider it win.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

That's all well and good but the media was always a bunch of biased muckrackers, even back to the days of the beginning of your country. The mainstream media is continuing as it always was, sometimes good, sometimes bad but most times just mediocre. Trump as President was the result of a weird confluence of factors, the strongest of all being the subprime financial crisis, but also the cult of celebrity, the increased awareness of underlying prejudices in society, the rise of internet powered extremists, the hard partisan divide, demographics, the electoral college, the slanted perception of crime and terrorism, the return of fascism as a relevant political force, and more things that haven't crossed my mind, right now.

One could argue that the pivotal event leading to the Trump Presidency was Comey's shenanigans a week before the election, but really, Trump shouldn't even have made it out of the escalator, much less the Republican primaries or the actual Presidential campaign.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

butthurt much? xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

oOXDJDU.jpg

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

oOXDJDU.jpg

Pretty much.

Heja Sverige!!

That's all well and good but the media was always a bunch of biased muckrackers, even back to the days of the beginning of your country. The mainstream media is continuing as it always was, sometimes good, sometimes bad but most times just mediocre. Trump as President was the result of a weird confluence of factors, the strongest of all being the subprime financial crisis, but also the cult of celebrity, the increased awareness of underlying prejudices in society, the rise of internet powered extremists, the hard partisan divide, demographics, the electoral college, the slanted perception of crime and terrorism, the return of fascism as a relevant political force, and more things that haven't crossed my mind, right now.

One could argue that the pivotal event leading to the Trump Presidency was Comey's shenanigans a week before the election, but really, Trump shouldn't even have made it out of the escalator, much less the Republican primaries or the actual Presidential campaign.

You all that is true to an extent. But I really believe the biggest factor in electing Trump was the absence of a viable alternative. If the Democrats had nominated nearly anyone else (except Sanders, that s--t will never fly in the US as a whole) We would have a congress in control of one party and executive in the control of the other and we'd all be sleeping better. Hillary Clinton and all the baggage that came with her was a nonstarter. I mean she lost Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Democrats don't lose those states. She nearly lost Minnesota. Even Mondale won Minnesota. It was the only State he won. So for all of Trumps flaws, Clinton was equally flawed. And the voters were facing a choice of SoS or something different. 

Unless they were smart. The smart ones said "to hell with both of you" and voted 3rd party.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Also how the media treated Obama and social issues.

Yes Obama was treated like crap by the right wing media (birth certificate and being accused of apologizing to Japan for Hiroshima which pissed me off when I found out it a lie). Overall with most media being Democrat, the double standard with how both sides are now flip flipped in praise and attacking.

Why is it bad to critize and make an enemy outta of a problem that DOES need to fixed for BOTH sides.

Also if we find out (very very slim chance) that the media lied about Trump sharing top secret info, what should we do? What can we do to steer our media from it's current course into a better course that is less biased and half/twisted truth?

Edited by redneckdevil

Trump ran a smart campaign and focused on the right states, that's really all there was to it. The voting numbers look surprisingly similar to 2012, so the idea that huge swaths of the country were suddenly fed up is a bit overdramatic. Trump was able to strategically turn some states and it worked out in his favor.

That being said, I have higher expectations for how the President will act than I do the media. George W. Bush was treated unfairly by the media in many circumstances, but he handled it very differently. It's a bad look, but this shouldn't be a surprise. Trump has a long history of this type of behavior, I doubt he is going to change now. It's going to be an ugly term.

You all that is true to an extent. But I really believe the biggest factor in electing Trump was the absence of a viable alternative. If the Democrats had nominated nearly anyone else (except Sanders, that s--t will never fly in the US as a whole) We would have a congress in control of one party and executive in the control of the other and we'd all be sleeping better. Hillary Clinton and all the baggage that came with her was a nonstarter. I mean she lost Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Democrats don't lose those states. She nearly lost Minnesota. Even Mondale won Minnesota. It was the only State he won. So for all of Trumps flaws, Clinton was equally flawed. And the voters were facing a choice of SoS or something different. 

Unless they were smart. The smart ones said "to hell with both of you" and voted 3rd party.

I know that saying all the GOP/DNC candidates are pretty much the same is your thing, but that was always obviously not true about Trump and is, incredibly, becoming even more blatantly obvious as time passes. I don't see a candidate the Democrats could have put up that would be massively better President than Trump. That was also true of the candidates that the GOP put up against Trump in the primaries, as terrible as that field was.

What Trump was, was a huge litmus test of partisanship in American politics. Once a upon a time you could say something along the lines of the following, albeit without evidence: "Republican voters would vote for their party even if Justin Bieber/Carrot Top/Donald Trump/Kim Kardashian/Paris Hilton was the nominee". well, now there's evidence, and I think the same is true of Democrats. Hell, if you could have magically exchanged the nominees in the last election, I'm pretty sure the end result would have differed very little in terms of the popular vote.

Heja Sverige!!