Alright.. thanks for the clarification!. My take on this is.. if there are more choices to choose from upon class specialization.. *ahem* sub-class.. I hope it has a significant difference and also impact and not just minor ones.

Example

+1% damage/level and -1% accuracy and something like that.

If the above scenario is true, it means you need to be very high level for the class to show significance for the bonuses.

Don't expect anything too extravagant. From what we've been told about them they aren't a huge change in design.

The Black Jacket is a fighter, but he has lower accuracy. However he gains Weapon Quick Swap, and gains multiple proficiencies for different weapons. If he uses a weapon Vs an enemy that it is susceptible to like a blunt weapon Vs a Stone Beetle(iirc) then he gains damage and armor pen bonuses.

The Ghost Heart Ranger summons a spirit animal that isn't susceptible to charm beast, but is very susceptible to attacks against spirits. However, since it is summoned it may have an easier time being dropped on the back line of enemies, but on the flip side it can't scout like a normal Ranger pet.

These are just two that we know of. They arent too different, but different flavors of the same thing.

Alright.. thanks for the clarification!. My take on this is.. if there are more choices to choose from upon class specialization.. *ahem* sub-class.. I hope it has a significant difference and also impact and not just minor ones.

Example

+1% damage/level and -1% accuracy and something like that.

If the above scenario is true, it means you need to be very high level for the class to show significance for the bonuses.

Don't expect anything too extravagant. From what we've been told about them they aren't a huge change in design.

The Black Jacket is a fighter, but he has lower accuracy. However he gains Weapon Quick Swap, and gains multiple proficiencies for different weapons. If he uses a weapon Vs an enemy that it is susceptible to like a blunt weapon Vs a Stone Beetle(iirc) then he gains damage and armor pen bonuses.

The Ghost Heart Ranger summons a spirit animal that isn't susceptible to charm beast, but is very susceptible to attacks against spirits. However, since it is summoned it may have an easier time being dropped on the back line of enemies, but on the flip side it can't scout like a normal Ranger pet.

These are just two that we know of. They arent too different, but different flavors of the same thing.

The Black Jacket and Ghost Heart Ranger sounds cool to me at least it's unique and actually offer solutions and beneficial in regards to combat. Regarding normal ranger pet on scouting, is it useful? Do they trigger combat when the party has yet to prepare? I only played vanilla PoE. Gotta start again after i finished farcry4.

Just wanted to give some direct kudos to Justin Bell. I hadn't backed the game yet since money's a little tight right now and the game is well past funded. However, with the $2.8M goal providing you an orchestra to work with...I just signed up for Fig and backed it.

I listen to the PoE soundtrack constantly. Can't wait to hear what you do for PoEII!

• Like 1

I have many concerns about the lvl 20 cap.

Being a TOTAL completionist in POE1 with both expansions would make you reach lvl 18 (guessing).

This means PoE2 size would have to be at least the same of POE1 + expansions. (Wich I hope)

I'm also worried if they will maintain the abilities on the same pace, wich means a lvl 16 wizard would have lvl 8 spells, meaning a lvl 20 would have acess to 10th lvl spells.

I do hope the game has good encounters that allow you to use that kind of powerful spells.

They arent a bad scout. They will trigger combat if you aren't careful. It's better than your rogue getting killed if they get caught.

PoEs stealth is pretty meh anyway. So I don't use it much.

Stealth is a system i hope that work on POE2. I dont love the detectable radius. It seem like the more stealth you have the closer you should get without any detection. 

Wich would not be the ideal. Rather have a bigger game.

Feargus all ready confirmed that with the lvl cap of 20 the game will get some more content + the leveling up will be a bit faster. So the game won't completely bloated :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

Wich would not be the ideal. Rather have a bigger game.

Who wouldn't?

But as the inveterate powergamer that I am, I'd rather have my cap set higher than lower (though 20 is about enough to satisfy my powergaming cravings; I wouldn't wish for another increase.)

Regardless, Feargus has already stated it's a bit of leveling up faster and a bit of having more content. [EDIT: Flouride ninja'd me on that one.] On Wednesday's Twitch Q&A we can ask Josh for more details on how they plan to handle it.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Why does the size of PoE2 have to be the same as PoE1 + expansions? You could just level faster and the have the game balanced accordingly.

Also, complementing what I,vê said about size, it's harder to balance a non-linear crpg while lvling faster, this means players will find more areas in wich they are underlvd and get ass wiped, or the other way and be overlvld and find the game to easy.

In normal PoE plus expansions I,ve been asked to use content scale 4 times.

Imagine in a smaller game with 4 more lvl caps? Unless they scale automatically...

Imagine in a smaller game with 4 more lvl caps? Unless they scale automatically...

Josh has already said there will be optional scaling for the whole game in PoE 2.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

One obvious solution to having more levels per unit of content: have the player level advance through the first few levels faster than they did in PoE, perhaps reaching level 9 or so by the end of Act I (rather than PoE's level 5/6), then have the levelling slow off to a similar rate as PoE for the remainder of the game.

Why do I suggest this? Well, it's a sequel: a significant proportion of players will be returning from PoE and will be keen to get back into the mid-late game swing of things. So long as the rate of early game levelling isn't too ridiculous, I don't think this will pose a significant obstacle to new players either. It can also make sense from a lore perspective: you've had your soul ravaged by Eothas's revival but perhaps that has left a hole ready to be quickly filled.

Just a thought.

• Like 3

My ideal stretchgoal at this point would be for them to dramatically increase the reactivity to backgrounds/class/previous choices. No "new" content, just for them to go back through the stuff they've already made and add as many reactions and gated player dialogue options as the writers think make sense in the situations.

Even if they don't have dramatic consequences and just represent another path to the same final dialogue node, it feels good when the game acknowledges who your character is and what they've done.

Edited by CottonWolf
  • Like 4

I'd love an "extra reactivity" stretch goal (though I'd want an eighth companion first ;) and a stretch goal for David Warner if necessary; I really want David Warner in Deadfire.)

• Like 3

I'd love an "extra reactivity" stretch goal (though I'd want an eighth companion first ;) and a stretch goal for David Warner if necessary; I really want David Warner in Deadfire.)

David Warner > new companion

But theoretically we could get DW as a new companion  :geek: (with science)

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

David Warner > new companion

I stand corrected.