RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

My character was selling liposuction...

You utterly evil fiend you.

But I have to say, Demon The Descent never caught my imagination quite like Fallen did.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I never had a problem with Fallen itself, but I've had some horrible player experiences besides the very first time we played it.

I admit that I haven't read The Descent myself but had it told to me from our main GM that is much more into WOD than I am, and the things he told me really tickled my fancy.

Of course Changeling is also easy to screw up, but in different ways :)

I was curious, what version of Changeling did you play?

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Ah, that would be Changeling the Dreaming then, the Lost is a different beast alltogether. I couldn't find her in the credits of my book.

No wonder we have different views then :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Ah the World of Darkness.

Wraith - Embrace your teenage depression.

Werewolf - Embrace your teenage anger and frustration.

Vampire - Embrace your teenage melodrama.

Mage - Embrace your teenage paranoia

Changeling - Embrace your teenage escapism.

;)

• Like 5

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I remember the time my pnp group tried Mage, and while they got used to see me playing Tremere in Vampire, I wanted to try something radically different in Mage. A prescient mage (I don't remember exactly, that was in the Ascension, not the Awakening... "Time flies" /pun ).

The GM (and other players too) was so unprepared to deal with my character (which I roleplayed, and intended others to do so), it was a real nightmare for them.

They surely wanted something more gamey than roleplay at that time.

But I really would have liked to explore that.

I remember the first time we played Mummy, noone of us except the GM had a clue what it would be like or what it was about, so there was much hilarity around. My character got the worst of it though, waking up one morning and going to take a shave when instead of being greeted with his own face a young egyptian woman stared back at him... Sudden compunctions to wear "prettier clothing" and things like that, realizing one morn' about to leave to work that a summer dress isn't what he's supposed to be wearing...

We did get more serious later though. :)

Changeling: the Dreaming

Hunter: the Reckoning

Daemon: the Fallen

Smurf: the Smurfing

Vampire: the Masquerade

that's the ones I have dabbled with.

Title: the Subtitle

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Pretty interesting new Styx video: http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/118530-styx-shards-of-darkness-making-of-a-goblin-video.html

Not sure how I feel about the humor though, but at least it should help with the somewhat morbid atmosphere of the last game.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

That switching between sets is neat. Combat looks like it might be fun.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Peebee?

That is one of Andromeda companion, the young Asari with warpaint.

As for switch... i suposse they was looking for something fast and easy at the same time. Trying to map 10 skills at same time... could be hard. Using skill wheel could be slow. And they are going for fast and furious (this jet pack thing).

Also... sometimes even in more complex games i use only 3 special abilities. (cc, shield, blast) and being able to swap depending on enemy would be cool.

Depends on the developer, Witcher 3 controller was also very badly mapped.

That's my point, don't blame controller for developer's lack of skill.

Why isn't controller remapping a thing. I get pissed whenever single keyboard keys are reserved and can't be remapped. Seems to me it would be the easiest thing in the world to include in the console's software and and a shared resource for all games. Also, why isn't mode switch a thing anymore. Essentially an alt key for your controller that gives you twice as many options. Say you want to use a skill, spell, whatever hold down a button and presto every button on your controller is now a skill button.  

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Depends on the developer, Witcher 3 controller was also very badly mapped.

That's my point, don't blame controller for developer's lack of skill.

Why isn't controller remapping a thing. I get pissed whenever single keyboard keys are reserved and can't be remapped. Seems to me it would be the easiest thing in the world to include in the console's software and and a shared resource for all games. Also, why isn't mode switch a thing anymore. Essentially an alt key for your controller that gives you twice as many options. Say you want to use a skill, spell, whatever hold down a button and presto every button on your controller is now a skill button.

All of that is on the Steam controller, although it may take a bit of work to get it just right. Which is why I used it instead of the 360 controller I'd normally use.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan