Blarghagh

Probably the most shocking revelation of this election:

https://twitter.com/cdenizok/status/796432176761995269/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

How could she? I don't even....

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cw6QvUzW8AAfTUL.jpg

It seems that only demographic segment where Trump lost voters compared to Romney was white women, which may come to bite republicans in future considering that white women is single largest demographic group in US. Even though Clinton and Democrats have clearly lost more support among people, they aren't currently in power and those that are in power are the ones that need to make people happy, their opposition needs only to undermine people in power and offer alternative in election.

• Like 1

As long as we have have echo chambers, we will have democrates and a trump somewhere stepping up.

TBH having the 2 party system is ok, we all benefit from both democrates and republican ideals and practices. Why we DONT need a 2 party system is imho simply because the 2 parties WONT work together even if it's a great idea. If they worked together and instead viewed as partners with different ideals that they need to compromise with, I don't believe we would need anymore parties.

Wait till those millenials will finish their education and try to enter the work market... I know a lot of large players are going for at least 60/40 split vs high cost locations and low cost locations, and those high cost locations are not only USA. They are also going for more automated processes, so they can cut on high cost locations even more. You already have problems with people entering job market with huge debt and not enough jobs for them... do you think that once they will face poverty, working sub-par their education and with huge burden for several years they will care for things like they have time for now?

Edited by Darkpriest

It will be interesting to see what happens when Trump voters get the same sense of abject disappointment democrats did after 4 years of Obama.

No great 'Change', no revolution, very little of what was promised. Just business as usual. They don't seem the forgiving sort.

You hit on a big point here. The US system of government does not lend itself to major changes in direction. After right years of Obama there are many changes but only taken collectively are they noticeable aside from the ACA. And it is collapsing under it's own flaws.

After 4 years of Trump things will be different that they would be after four years of Clinton but not radically. Folks who don't understand large ships down't change direction on a dime might not understand that.

At the least he would have to appoint a good Supreme Court justice and let the Border Patrol and ICE agents do their jobs.

https://www.theguardian.com/international

What's wrong with the Guardian, is there no one to tell them the election is over and that they can stop doomsaying.

Being a Marxist rag is a terminal condition.

Actually, his plans for the next 100 days are quite sensible: http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

McConnell has to bend the knee though. Putting Obama-care above structural changes, like term limits and campaign financing is unforgivable.

Most of it sounds good. We can't afford any tax cuts though, but a lot can be done on tax reform now that Republicans hold everything. I'm afraid they'll fritter it all away because of their ideological blinders and the evil Chamber of Commerce influence.

They're not voting restrictions, they are the same security measures every country has. It may have helped Trump if fewer aliens and felons were able to vote and people were more wary of the usual Democrat fraud.

California elites want to secede: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/11/09/silicon-valley-elites-push-california-secede-usa/

Yes, please, I'll pack you guys a sandwich. Without CA we'd be a Republican country.

Edit: It's funny that liberals want to secede. If they didn't destroy federalism, it wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

A two party system is actually really, really limited and leads to stagnation and marginalization of ideologies that are not centrist. I certainly think that a guy like Guard Dog would be better served by a Libertarian party with a minority place in the House than as a majority in a two party system.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Are people still parroting the "Millennials" BS on voting? They tried the same thing with Kerry/Bush in 2004 and here we are. Very few people have the same political leanings their whole lives.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Are people still parroting the "Millennials" BS on voting? They tried the same thing with Kerry/Bush in 2004 and here we are. Very few people have the same political leanings their whole lives.

Those "millenials" (people born 1980s to 2000) that cared to vote majority 55% voted Clinton according to exit polls. But yet again most of them didn't vote. Although millenial white people voted for trump 48% versus 43% to Clinton. But youth turn out for GOP nominee was fourth-lowest since 1972. 8% of millenials that vote voted third party candidate, up form 3% in 2012. 19% of all voters were millenials. Compared to Obama, Clinton lost millenial votes, but Trump didn't gain any compared to Romney, meaning that millenials that Clinton lost voted third party candidate instead of Trump.

Had only millennials voted, Clinton would've won the election in a landslide, with 473 electoral votes to Trump's 32.

Edited by Elerond

Those "millenials" (people born 1980s to 2000) that cared to vote majority 55% voted Clinton according to exit polls. But yet again most of them didn't vote. Although millenial white people voted for trump 48% versus 43% to Clinton. But youth turn out for GOP nominee was fourth-lowest since 1972. 8% of millenials that vote voted third party candidate, up form 3% in 2012. 19% of all voters were millenials. Compared to Obama, Clinton lost millenial votes, but Trump didn't gain any compared to Romney, meaning that millenials that Clinton lost voted third party candidate instead of Trump.

Had only millennials voted, Clinton would've won the election in a landslide, with 473 electoral votes to Trump's 32.

How many of the 60's flower power generation raising the banners for McGovern voted for Reagan in '84? Even if they are now pro-Clinton you cannot predict the same voting patterns for the future.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I suspect the millennial vote will only get stronger over time because of the Trump victory (nothing like having something to fight against to get people invested in coming out to the polls and active). I'm hoping for a take over of the House and possibly Senate in 2018 and then the White House in 2020.

In the meantime I'll be donating time and money to the ACLU, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, and Planned Parenthood to try and prevent too much damage being done.

• Like 4

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I suspect the millennial vote will only get stronger over time because of the Trump victory (nothing like having something to fight against to get people invested in coming out to the polls and active). I'm hoping for a take over of the House and possibly Senate in 2018 and then the White House in 2020.

In the meantime I'll be donating time and money to the ACLU, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, and Planned Parenthood to try and prevent too much damage being done.

If things get worse, they should anything but get angry and organize to vote for someone else in 2020. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

A two party system is actually really, really limited and leads to stagnation and marginalization of ideologies that are not centrist. I certainly think that a guy like Guard Dog would be better served by a Libertarian party with a minority place in the House than as a majority in a two party system.

I think we'd be best served by four healthy and roughly equal political parties vying for the tiller.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Things will get worse and it will be fantastic if we have a global crash that devestates the working class in the west while the bourgeoisieelite come out enriched.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Exit polls" are just what people say when they leave the voting booth. Didnt exit polls also predict a Clinton victory? Why is any consideration given to exit poll results?

They are only thing that can give any information how different demographics voted, as votes themselves can't be traced back to people who casted them. 

‏@redsteeze Stephen Miller Retweeted andrew kaczynski

And just like magic, journalism returns Stephen Miller added,

andrew kaczynski @KFILE

Good aggressive investigative journalism – not puff pieces based off access to Trump or interviews with him – is more important than ever.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"Exit polls" are just what people say when they leave the voting booth. Didnt exit polls also predict a Clinton victory? Why is any consideration given to exit poll results?

They are only thing that can give any information how different demographics voted, as votes themselves can't be traced back to people who casted them. 

Exactly, which is why I'm questioning your (or someone else's?) statements and percentages above. 

Is this a picture for ants?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Click on it, I don't have any outside account to post the picture.

Good analysis here: http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/09/5-ways-donald-trumps-victory-is-barack-obamas-legacy/

Edit: Ann Coulter called it in March: http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2016-03-30.html

Edited by Wrath of Dagon
  • Like 1

I'm going to make a guess here and say that there are a good number of people that made a lot of noise on Twitter and Facebook and Tumbler and Snapchat and whatever social platforms they keep coming out with, but when it came time to physically do something, like, you know, vote, they couldn't be bothered. And that's how you wind up with President Trump.

As I predicted. You can't virtue signal in a voting booth.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Probably the most shocking revelation of this election:

https://twitter.com/cdenizok/status/796432176761995269/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

How could she? I don't even....

I can't even...

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.