Blarghagh

When the news broke yesterday I was stuck in traffic. There was a group of children running alongside the cars chanting "Go Trump! Go Trump!" 3 of them were black.

Honestly I'm quite surprised. At no point during this election did I think Clinton was going to lose. I didn't want her to win but I was quite confident it was inevitable, right up until yesterday.

Nevertheless the fact that the inevitable economic crisis will now happen not only under a Republican presidency but a Trump presidency is pretty funny.

thenug-6MqPCoP99x.gif

Edited by Barothmuk

Hey, bruce, this is who supports your precious Hillary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFO8LKtjak8

volo you cant really post a video like this and expect me to respond because before I give my opinion I need to confirm its real and if there is context?

But saying all that the video is irritating because they really bully the guy and think its funny to humiliate him 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hopefully she'll just be left in quiet, there's nothing to be gained from anything further and any legal attacks would just be vindictive.

No, it wouldn't be just vindictive. She only got off because Obola ordered his corrupt Justice Department to subvert the investigation. There was never a chance they would indict her. This miscarriage of justice must be corrected.

Chris Hagen

‏@chrishagentb

The Clinton Foundation has issued a brief statement: No Refunds. #election2016 #WheresHillary

Yeah, I don't get this line of thinking. If the Clinton Foundation is the corrupt geopolitical front that it's believed to be, then just "leaving her alone" is by far, the worst option. Her run as Sec of State has affected the lives of millions, but just leave it alone now because she suffered a crushing defeat to her ego? If only ordinary citizens were given this luxury. But obviously the implications are far too reaching, despite the FBI's efforts, too many powerful people will want to keep the American image as squeaky clean as possible.

I'd tend to agree on the Clinton Foundation with some reservations as below. I was referring to the emails primarily and Trump's threat of a special prosecutor. There Comey has looked and said there's nothing, that should be the end of it.

Only reservations I have when it comes to the CF is that it's unlikely to actually be pay-for-play, now, and it's an inherently difficult task to prove there's collusion- especially when you'd expect most of the quid pro quo to have come in a Hillary presidency that never happened.

I doubt it's as simple as that. Most likely case is that Trump had no real intentions of bringing things to light. These people are all friends when the spotlight and cameras are off. It's just a game. When things do happen to be brought up, it's quickly shut down, as it has been. Business as usual. Nobody really cares. Now America can get back to football and the holiday season.
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see what happens when Trump voters get the same sense of abject disappointment democrats did after 4 years of Obama.

No great 'Change', no revolution, very little of what was promised. Just business as usual. They don't seem the forgiving sort. 

You hit on a big point here. The US system of government does not lend itself to major changes in direction. After right years of Obama there are many changes but only taken collectively are they noticeable aside from the ACA. And it is collapsing under it's own flaws.

After 4 years of Trump things will be different that they would be after four years of Clinton but not radically. Folks who don't understand large ships down't change direction on a dime might not understand that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Kind of bland here, only thing plaguing us here is hipsters.

Here it's mostly the introduced species, like canetoads and backpackers.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'd be for something like awarding the representative votes by district and giving the two senate votes to who carries the state, if that makes sense

That does make a hell of a lot of sense. And it does not violate the Constitution. In Article II the Constitution directs the States to determine how electors are selected. I would also insist on another change though. I'd make the assignment of electoral votes to the winning candidate mandatory to eliminate the so called "faithless electors". We need to take the human element of capricious **** out of it. And there have been a few over they years. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It was just interesting how quickly Aleppo killed of the slight momentum that Gary Johnson was starting to build, and Stein never really got any attention at all.  It was like Trump had plugged in the konami cheat code at the start of his campaign and any damage that would normally take down a candidate was shrugged off.

The lesson here is a 3rd Party candidate cannot make a mistake. Something to remember when picking candidates at the convention. The thing is if it wasn't Johnson it would have been John McAfee. His history is.... checkered to say the least. He's been implicated in murders in Guatemala and Belize, had multiple DUI here in the US, and has a well noted history of employing mercenaries for business interests in South America and Africa. Yes, honest to God mercenaries. But he is the darling of the "Big L" Harry Browne wing of the LP. The other "Little L" candidates were decent and smart folks but with zero name recognition, 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I do get that some folks are jealous for California.   :p  It was 75 degrees and sunny out today.  We've got Disneyland and all the cool tech companies.  Miles of Pacific coastlines with none of the bad weather of Oregon and Washington.  Redwood trees, Yosemite, San Francisco and San Diego.  I can buy 5 artichokes for a dollar down the street, and I've got vineyards all over the place.  I might complain about housing prices and grumble when it comes tax season, but at the end of the day it's still an amazing state to live in.  I suppose I could attack other people about their states, but why bother?  Instead I'll just go jog through the golden hills of California.  

Might as well jog. It's still faster than I-5 in Orange County on a weekday.  :lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Just a thought on wasted votes. If the 59 million people who wasted their votes on Hillary Clinton have voted for Gary Johnson he would be the President-Elect right now. Clearly Clinton had no shot of winning so all she did was waste our chance of electing Johnson.

Just sayin'

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

https://www.theguardian.com/international

What's wrong with the Guardian, is there no one to tell them the election is over and that they can stop doomsaying. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Just a thought on wasted votes. If the 59 million people who wasted their votes on Hillary Clinton have voted for Gary Johnson he would be the President-Elect right now. Clearly Clinton had no shot of winning so all she did was waste our chance of electing Johnson.

Just sayin'

Amen.

• Like 1

Actually, his plans for the next 100 days are quite sensible: http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

McConnell has to bend the knee though. Putting Obama-care above structural changes, like term limits and campaign financing is unforgivable.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

McConnell has already said the first point is dead on arrival. The third point is unbearably retarded. I don't see how the fourth point will ever get past anything.

Do the third and fourth points on the second list actually mean anything of substance? The fifth, sixth and seventh points are a disaster and include,at least, one clear oxymoron.

On to the third list. Isn't the third point illegal? The fourth point is going to go so well.

From the last list I have no idea I have no idea what the congress would go for, other than repealing Obamacare, I guess. It kinda reads like a masterclass in how to increase debt in the fastest way possible. He is probably going for the Bankruptcy achievement.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

McConnell has already said the first point is dead on arrival. The third point is unbearably retarded. I don't see how the fourth point will ever get past anything.

Do the third and fourth points on the second list actually mean anything of substance? The fifth, sixth and seventh points are a disaster and include,at least, one clear oxymoron.

On to the third list. Isn't the third point illegal? The fourth point is going to go so well.

From the last list I have no idea I have no idea what the congress would go for, other than repealing Obamacare, I guess. It kinda reads like a masterclass in how to increase debt in the fastest way possible. He is probably going for the Bankruptcy achievement.

I want to be supportive of the new US government because we don't want the US economy to suffer or Congress to be dysfunctional

But Trump has set himself some ambitious  goals 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why would it be illegal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p53vmPaJ4Hg

Some real life Hillary supporters. :)

They should be charged with voter intimidation, imo.

volo this video is nothing but some unrelated  criminal act ....where does it say they are Hilary supporters?

But I did watch it to the end and I have to say the guy does look stupid putting a sign in an empty garden.. its obvious he wants to draw attention to himself ?

John Milton 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p53vmPaJ4Hg

Some real life Hillary supporters. :)

They should be charged with voter intimidation, imo.

volo this video is nothing but some unrelated  criminal act ....where does it say they are Hilary supporters?

But I did watch it to the end and I have to say the guy does look stupid putting a sign in an empty garden.. its obvious he wants to draw attention to himself ?

Alright guys, I wanna see some really clever responses to this one. Bruce set up an amazing opportunity for you all to powerbomb him clear out of the sky, so let's not be ungrateful and let his efforts all be for naught. I don't wanna see anything cliche, anything too obvious or expected. Let's see some really original and creative retorts here. Let's put on a good show.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Why would it be illegal?

I'm not sure. Can the Federal government withdraw funding unilaterally? Isn't the possibility of the federal government overstepping its bounds a big deal in the US?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm going to make a guess here and say that there are a good number of people that made a lot of noise on Twitter and Facebook and Tumbler and Snapchat and whatever social platforms they keep coming out with, but when it came time to physically do something, like, you know, vote, they couldn't be bothered. And that's how you wind up with President Trump.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

We'll see how much of that he'll really do

...and how much our corporate overlords really let him do. I'm not quite up to date but couldn't dropping out of TPP and NAFTA results in partners and/or corporations filing charges through the investment court system (ICS)?

Not to mention aggravating the Chinese who sort of own half of the US already.

I also think the tax discount for bringing back tax dodger offshore money isn't going to work like he thinks it might. It didn't in other nations (e.g. Germany).

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

"Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications."

That'll end well. That's when **** like Thalidomide happens.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

https://www.theguardian.com/international

What's wrong with the Guardian, is there no one to tell them the election is over and that they can stop doomsaying.

Guardian decided to play the role that Fox has done past 8 years, as Fox can't be trusted anymore to do their job as party that they support is in the control. :devil:

Kinda sad that it drove the nail home for viewers of fox, CNN, NBC, and all of them that the news are supposed to be factual and people are tired of opinionated news. I believe our biggest villain in this election was our media on both sides.

• Like 2

Why would it be illegal?

Would be surprised if it were. Seems like you'll end up with toll roads all over. PPP always has some catch, after all

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra