Theresa May, Brexit and the like

Ben No.3

So.. bruce, you have a choice to make;. Are you pro gun and therefore pro woman or are you anti gun and therefore anti woman? Let's watch your mind explode sicne we know your precious Clinton is anti gun AND anti woman as evidenced by her laughing at female rape victims and blaming them for being raped. If only that girl had a gun.

It is questionable wether the woman in your example would have shot. It is questionable wether if she would have shot it would have been self defense or it would have made her a murderer (pretends on the evidence, really). It is questionable wether, even if she would have gone away with it, she would have recovered from taking ones life.

And finally, I do not believe anyone deserves death. No one!

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

There is no Santa.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1) there is no God

Great, another zealot. :aiee:

No.... He just gave his opinion and I gave mine... No need to dig further (but I will if you challenge me ;) )

And everybody knows

1) there is no God

He is another one for the pyre.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1) there is no God

He is another one for the pyre.
Maybe I'm into that ;) (this is not sexual, it refers to me liking rammstein) Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

So.. bruce, you have  a choice to make;. Are you pro gun and therefore pro woman or are you anti gun and therefore anti woman? Let's watch your mind explode sicne we know  your precious Clinton  is anti gun AND anti woman as evidenced by her laughing at female rape victims and blaming them for being raped. If only that girl had a gun.

volo...volo ....volo

This post is a false dichotomy, it doesn't even make sense but because I have taken on the responsibility of mentoring you i will answer

I use to believe in gun control as far as the USA  was  concerned but I have subsequently changed my mind as the issue is far too divisive. Having access to a variety of guns matters to many Americans for a variety of reasons and it seems counterproductive to try to force a more liberal view on this matter

So this is an issue I dont agree with the Democrats on as it will alienate many Americans when it is  enforced  

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1) there is no God

Great, another zealot.   :aiee:

and not an entertaining zealot either.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"This post is a false dichotomy, it doesn't even make sense but because I have taken on the responsibility of mentoring you i will answer

I use to believe in gun control as far as the USA  was  concerned but I have subsequently changed my mind as the issue is far too divisive. Having access to a variety of guns matters to many Americans for a variety of reasons and it seems counterproductive to try to force a more liberal view on this matter

So this is an issue I dont agree with the Democrats on as it will alienate many Americans when it is  enforced "

Nice dodge. Typical Clinton apologist.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The government should have a monopoly of violence.

You will find quite a few people will disagree with you on that. Governments should fear their people, people shouldn't fear their governments.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"A man only needs a gun to defend himself if an other man has a gun as well."

Nonsense. If another man comes at me with a knife and I have a gun I'm gonna blow him away. If he is trying to run me over with a  car I'm gonna blow him away. If he tries to pull down my pants to rape me and I have a gun I'm gonna blow him away. All3  situations is self defense are is evidence that a gun cvan be useful even if your opponent does not have one.

Just ask any 5'0" 110lb woman  if they would want a gun if a  6'2" 225lb man came at them with a knife.

If you are anti gun you are sexist.

God made men, Colt made men equal.

What a wonderful saying. :)

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Nonsense. If another man comes at me with a knife and I have a gun I'm gonna blow him away. If he is trying to run me over with a car I'm gonna blow him away. If he tries to pull down my pants to rape me and I have a gun I'm gonna blow him away. All3 situations is self defense are is evidence that a gun cvan be useful even if your opponent does not have one.

Just ask any 5'0" 110lb woman if they would want a gun if a 6'2" 225lb man came at them with a knife.

What a wonderful saying. :)

It's a awful saying, for all the reasons I explained :)

Guns don't create equality

And everybody knows

Nonsense. If another man comes at me with a knife and I have a gun I'm gonna blow him away. If he is trying to run me over with a car I'm gonna blow him away. If he tries to pull down my pants to rape me and I have a gun I'm gonna blow him away. All3 situations is self defense are is evidence that a gun cvan be useful even if your opponent does not have one.

Just ask any 5'0" 110lb woman if they would want a gun if a 6'2" 225lb man came at them with a knife.

1) there is no God

2) there are two reasons guns and really any sort of weapons create problems:

1. The possibility to legally posses guns makes it easy for criminals to aquire heavy weapons, thus making them much more dangerous

2. Due to the former reasons, a general opinion is created that one must own a weapon to defend himself, whereas of weapons would not be legal in the first place, that general sense wouldn't be there.

The government should have a monopoly of violence.

And here is why your argument that weapons make men equal is flawed: they don't! Really, any kind of limited resource creates inequality: there are those who possed the recourse and those who don't. And that is a huge problem, and any attempt to work around it has failed so far. Take for example kommunism. While on a purley philosophical level it is a great idea, in reality it does not work out. However, this does not mean that we should totally avoid fighting against any form of this inequality I previously described.

And this is especially true for weapons. See, aside from money, I know no good where the gap between those who have it and those who don't is so big as it is with weapons. It creates a situation where having them is the clear advantage. But if everyone has weapons, that only causes the problems I earlier described.

Lets see now, atheist, thinks that the state should have monopoly of violence and that communism is philosophically sound. Now where have I seen this stereotype before?....

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Without a divinity or higher principles for humanity to transcend to you will either end up with nihilism or the worship of a state based on ideologies. Recent history has shown that you end up with in a lot of trouble when you try to enforce that when the citizenry cannot even defend themselves.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Without a divinity or higher principles for humanity to transcend to you will either end up with nihilism or the worship of a state based on ideologies. Recent history has shown that you end up with in a lot of trouble when you try to enforce that when the citizenry cannot even defend themselves.

In the entire of Europe, weapons are illegal. Yet, I do not see any severe need for a violent revolution.

And no, not having a higher deity to believe in does not disable you from having morals. In fact, I'd go as far as to say BETTER morals come out of not believing in for example Christianity. For example the bible heavily punishes homosexuality. Is that a reason for us to do that? No. Yet we all are set on being Christian. We are not. We are cherrypicking the parts that we like, yet we forget the other. Can we please just accept that we moved on from that moral standard?

And in a Christian worldview, any form of crime is not severly punished anyway, because in the end, we all die and those who believe will come to God. Thus, assuming everyone believes, a crime is inconsequential. It is such an unimportant event in comparison to the eternity with God.

On the other hand, for someone who does not believe in God or an afterlife, the current life is all he gets, which makes any crime highly impactful, and any punishment highly consequential.

And an ideal on its own is a very dangerous thing. And the same goes for religion. Many religious people committed terrible crimes, many atheist people committed terrible crimes. But I know of no group of atheist which committed a crime because of atheism, while there are hundreds of examples of theists who committed crimes because of religion. But that is a problem that exists with every ideal.

The human rights deal with that problem very nicely btw. Look at article 30

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

In the entire of Europe, weapons are illegal. Yet, I do not see any severe need for a violent revolution.

No, they're not. Unlike what people like the NRA will tell you, in most (all? I'm not sure) European countries, it's perfectly possible to buy and own guns. You just have to have obey reasonable laws regarding background checks, gun licenses, safety courses and the like.

What Europe doesn't have is gun fetishism disguised as rebellion against the man and personal "protection". Unless you are a gun sportsperson or a hunter you probably won't own a gun.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You're larping again man

• Like 2

Im am not sure I agree with that, I am an agnostic but have some nebulous spiritual beliefs yet  I am fine with my lack of belief in faith or a divine power

The world makes perfect sense to me  :yes:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No, they're not. Unlike what people like the NRA will tell you, in most (all? I'm not sure) European countries, it's perfectly possible to buy and own guns. You just have to have obey reasonable laws regarding background checks, gun licenses, safety courses and the like.

What Europe doesn't have is gun fetishism disguised as rebellion against the man and personal "protection". Unless your are a gun sportsperson or a hunter you probably won't own a gun.

Okay, clarification needed: when I say weapon, I mean those designed to kill humans (rather than sports or hunting weapons), as these are the weapons of controversy. I don't think you are even allowed to own these (?) privately in some countries, you are definitely not allowed to carry them. Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

One thing I've noticed about countries banning guns, it's strange that somehow violence shot up and then dropped down to the SAME amount BUT sexual assaults seemed to sky rocket back up, some places just as much if not more than violent crimes including guns were involved....

It's almost like humans are violent and don't NEED guns to perpetuate violence and that denying guns doesn't stop violence at all.....

Yes there's no reason whatsoever for private citizens to own weapons because the almighty govt will protect them from those criminals......

Edited by redneckdevil