What You Did Today

Gorth

Death always makes me kind of sad. I'm not a spiritual man, so to me, death means the utter end of that being and all the things that made them unique.

Me too

Sorry for you loss WD

In a few days it will be 15 years since my mom died and it just occurred to me that she was only about 10 years older than I am now. Crazy that we never know how much time we have but I guess if we did then it maybe wouldn't be the same

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Death always makes me kind of sad. I'm not a spiritual man, so to me, death means the utter end of that being and all the things that made them unique.

I tend to veer towards that side of the debate but I think human perception is too limited to be entirely sure either way.  Regardless, I often find myself 'talking' to dead people  :huh:

Sorry for you loss WD

In a few days it will be 15 years since my mom died and it just occurred to me that she was only about 10 years older than I am now. Crazy that we never know how much time we have but I guess if we did then it maybe wouldn't be the same

I do a bit of a reverse on that. My father died when I was 7 and my mother when I was 17, so every time I live past one of those milestones for my kid, I feel like Ive accomplished something. :lol:

I tend to veer towards that side of the debate but I think human perception is too limited to be entirely sure either way.  Regardless, I often find myself 'talking' to dead people  :huh:

Sorry, meant to pass on my condolences in the earlier post.

• Like 2

My condolences WD.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I get kind of envious. Means they don't have to put up with all this bull**** anymore.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thanks guys, I wish I felt worse but I'm ok.  I knew him for over 20 years and though we weren't close friends I always had time for him.  His death was especially pointless and random, an excellent reminder to me that life can be short...gotta start doing more  :mellow:

Sorry for your loss WDeranged.

The thing that always gets me about death is re-realizing at completely random moments that you can't talk to someone - even if all you would say is generic small-talk.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Sorry for your loss WDeranged.

The thing that always gets me about death is re-realizing at completely random moments that you can't talk to someone - even if all you would say is generic small-talk.

Yeah, I felt that when my Dad died.  It wasn't just losing the person, it was losing the ability to ask him about his life.  By the time I'm 50 I doubt I'll be able to remember a fraction of the stories he told me.

In brighter news. I think the chick who runs the hotdog cart down the street is sweet on me. She gave me a free drink before cooking my dog (not a euphamism) and then we spent 5 minutes chatting.

She's an art student here in Portland for school, having grown up in Iowa.

• Like 6

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Go for it, you deserve some :)

Went to the doctor today, got a herniated disc, I'm on sick leave until the 16'th, then I'm going to try and work again. At that point I might get it extended. Yay, life!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

In brighter news. I think the chick who runs the hotdog cart down the street is sweet on me. She gave me a free drink before cooking my dog (not a euphamism) and then we spent 5 minutes chatting.

She's an art student here in Portland for school, having grown up in Iowa.

Anyone being paid to interact with you is not to be trusted. Also hold out for a free hot dog.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's pretty obvious to me.  She's just being nice so you don't axe murder her  :dancing:

Maybe she's being nice so she can axe-murder him?

Still, I'm mostly curious what the euphamistic "cooking my dog" is.  The imagination boggles.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Is there a heaven or hell or anything else after death? I have my own opinions as do we all. There is one fact I know, and you can bank of it: we will all find out the truth one way or another eventually. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is there a heaven or hell or anything else after death? I have my own opinions as do we all. There is one fact I know, and you can bank of it: we will all find out the truth one way or another eventually. 

I intend to become a cyborg and then an AI that takes over the world.

Got a freaking cold but have had to work the whole week anyway. (I should probably not have gone to the gym in his state). Everyone else is sick so someone has to work.

Got a freaking cold but have had to work the whole week anyway. (I should probably not have gone to the gym in his state). Everyone else is sick so someone has to work.

If there is one thing I really don't want, it is to live forever. That thought scares me more than dying to be honest.

I feel for you, hate having a cold. Seems just about everyone I know has one at the moment.

• Like 1

If there is one thing I really don't want, it is to live forever. That thought scares me more than dying to be honest.

I feel for you, hate having a cold. Seems just about everyone I know has one at the moment.

Yeah, it gets even worse when you're around kids. Parents send them to school no matter how the little ones feel, it seems.

Yeah, it gets even worse when you're around kids. Parents send them to school no matter how the little ones feel, it seems.

I just have a **** immune system, my mother is taking some kind of chemo-like pills for her arthritis and my mates just seem to have caught the bug aswell. Seems there's going to be no diversions for me this weekend.

I really hate when people go or send ill persons to public places like work or school. Such a ****ty way to treat others and ill people.

• Like 1

Yeah, the one thing that terrifies me when in a truly gloomy mood, is the prospect of surviving everyone who cares about me. Ending up alone, with no human connection other than a lighthearted remark to the cashier at the supermarket. Owning a phone, looking at the phone, but knowing that there is no number saved on there I could call.

Can we get back to something brighter? :)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).