What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

Naturally, levels are still not as good as hand-designed ones would be, there are no secrets that I would find and eventually, you start noticing building blocks getting reused.

Huh? I found a couple of secrets already. Although it's always just been money so far. Or did I somehow miss what you meant?

There's a whole bunch of secrets hidden in the hub level and some of the pre-designed locations crucial for the story, but I didn't find a single secret in any of the procedurally generated levels. I might have just been unlucky with the generation I suppose. Or I'm exceptionally blind, but I'm usually fairly good at locating at least some secrets as try to explore every nook and cranny.

• Like 1

For less than seven bucks, Sunless Sea is a remarkable game. Wait, scratch that. Sunless Sea is a remarkable game that cost me less than seven bucks.

I just finished this weird delivery quest-line for some scary santa dude. I ended up with a frost kid I named Elliot. I don't know if it makes any difference which name you choose, but he kind of looks like an Elliot. I changed what I did with Pigmote and they're not all dead... so far.

The only issue I have with the game so far is that I want to upgrade my ship, engines, and weapons and I can't seem to hang on to cash. I should really look into trading stuff, but it's such a pain and it doesn't seem like I get much of a return so far. Maybe after I'm done paying for new officers and I've figured out where all the places are, it will be easier to start putting money into a ship that won't take such excruciating amounts of time to get anywhere. Still, while it's a pain, it's kind of a cool challenge to figure it out. This has potential to a classic. For me to count it as such, I have to finish it. So far, so good.

• Like 1

Difficult to determine with no reference point. I would expect the GOG version to look either the same or better (since GOG sometimes packages mod "enhancements" with their older games) as the Steam version, though.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

More Witcher 3.  I've finally started the Hearts of Stone DLC.  I'm actually friggin' annoyed right now because of how they're pushing the romance with

Shani.

It seemed like every option lead to flirting or outright romance when all I wanted to do was play the friends card because I'd decided to go with Triss.

So dumb that no matter what you do, your options involve some sort of flirting/kissing.  Even if you turn down the chance at sex, Geralt pretty much acts like he's flirting all the way until that point.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

As regards Fallout, queue the crowds bemoaning the need for graphics, but I can dig it. Frankly, I enjoy games with substandard or dated graphics, but it's not like I wouldn't enjoy them more if they looked better. Some people act like a game with good graphics is only for the 'sellout' crowd, which is just idiotic. For example, even though I think the graphics are actually quite pleasant for Sunless Sea, I was a little put-off for by the fact that it's only in windowed mode. Minor thing and it's a great game. Come to think of it, I wonder if I can change a setting to make it not windows.

I was playing Stellaris. I'm totally off Master of Orion CTS after finding that game. Saying that game compares to Stellaris as Checkers compares to Chess does a disservice to Checkers. But my Stellaris game after 287 years of warding off the ambitions of two much larger empires and losing entire fleets fighting the Unbidden (which it seems I'm the only one doing that) is now unwinnable. 

The problem is I don't want to start a new game before the Leviathans DLC and the big free content patch comes out on Thursday because I'll just have to start over again.And I can't go back to MOO4. I won't. I'll have to find something else to do until then.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As regards Fallout, queue the crowds bemoaning the need for graphics, but I can dig it. Frankly, I enjoy games with substandard or dated graphics, but it's not like I wouldn't enjoy them more if they looked better. Some people act like a game with good graphics is only for the 'sellout' crowd, which is just idiotic. For example, even though I think the graphics are actually quite pleasant for Sunless Sea, I was a little put-off for by the fact that it's only in windowed mode. Minor thing and it's a great game. Come to think of it, I wonder if I can change a setting to make it not windows.

I'm with you. I remember when I was impressed with how good Baldur's Gate looked. Because in those days it did.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Huh, to me Fallout still looks pretty good today, thanks to the graphic style. There are other games of that time period that didn't aged very good at all.

Use the high-res patch and play in a resolution of 1280x720px - that should do the trick.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, "graphics style" is pretty much the distinction between a game which'll look good until it gets outdated and a game which'll always look good, period. I still think Age of Empires 2 is one of the prettiest RTS games I have ever played. And Zork still looks as good as the day it was released.

• Like 1

I was playing Stellaris. I'm totally off Master of Orion CTS after finding that game. Saying that game compares to Stellaris as Checkers compares to Chess does a disservice to Checkers. But my Stellaris game after 287 years of warding off the ambitions of two much larger empires and losing entire fleets fighting the Unbidden (which it seems I'm the only one doing that) is now unwinnable. 

Yeah I decided to put Stellaris on hold for that reason as well, they need to fix the AI and do a lot of balance issues. It's a great game, but an endgame crisis can completely ruin it for you now, simply because the other Empires are too incompetent to deal with it.

The problem is I don't want to start a new game before the Leviathans DLC and the big free content patch comes out on Thursday because I'll just have to start over again.

This is my single biggest issue with Paradox games  :grin: It's great that they are always tweaking and working on their games, but damn it makes it impossible to play around a release (which is always).

I've been putting off playing Crusader Kings 2 for almost 2 years now, simply because they keep adding stuff and re-balancing it, meaning I usually just wait until there's a more stable build out.. and then they release something else that I really want...

Fortune favors the bald.

Huh? I found a couple of secrets already. Although it's always just been money so far. Or did I somehow miss what you meant?

I just found a few secrets. Turns out I am actually just blind! I'm kinda happy about this. It does seem to just be money tho.

I should really look into trading stuff, but it's such a pain and it doesn't seem like I get much of a return so far. Maybe after I'm done paying for new officers and I've figured out where all the places are, it will be easier to start putting money into a ship that won't take such excruciating amounts of time to get anywhere. Still, while it's a pain, it's kind of a cool challenge to figure it out. This has potential to a classic. For me to count it as such, I have to finish it. So far, so good.

Sunless Sea is not a trading game, don't even try it. It's kind of sort of possible, but it also is a real pain. Anyway, I have never finished Sunless Sea yet I consider it a classic - the time I spent with it has been remarkable, and now that I'm replaying it for Zubmariner it's even better with all the additional stories. I have also chosen a more attainable goal.

Yeah I decided to put Stellaris on hold for that reason as well, they need to fix the AI and do a lot of balance issues. It's a great game, but an endgame crisis can completely ruin it for you now, simply because the other Empires are too incompetent to deal with it.

The problem is I don't want to start a new game before the Leviathans DLC and the big free content patch comes out on Thursday because I'll just have to start over again.

This is my single biggest issue with Paradox games  :grin: It's great that they are always tweaking and working on their games, but damn it makes it impossible to play around a release (which is always).

I've been putting off playing Crusader Kings 2 for almost 2 years now, simply because they keep adding stuff and re-balancing it, meaning I usually just wait until there's a more stable build out.. and then they release something else that I really want...

I usually wait until all the DLC and other content is released before buying. I still haven't bought Fallout 4 yet. But dammit I love 4X space games and now I'm hooked on it.... so now we wait.

Thomas Sowell

Well, if we learned something from Paradox, it's the fact that all DLCs for their games are released after 6+ years. So I hope you are very patient man :-P

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

also waiting for the stellaris dlc, at the same time i will get warhammer dlc and Civ 6...

Yeah, Civ 6 there shows your double standard :p I am still plodding along in WoW, friend and I are doing groups. So damned tedious to heal PUGs, they screw up and stand in fire and I have to work hard to keep them up. Still not liking the Paladin mechanic where I have to stand close to the tank, guess it is just new to me still.

Also continuing my genocide of the Aztecs, but it is slower as I can't bring my navy to bear.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nothing like ordering a pizza, having it delivered and then waiting six months for the mushrooms and pepperoni to get here.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

On today's edition of "Tale plays free games on Steam" we have Antenna. http://store.steampowered.com/app/443580/?snr=1_7_15__13

Eh. Feels like someone really liked Limbo's art style but couldn't come up with a good game to back it. It's a short side scrolling adventure with sound puzzles, and a senselessly obscure password. Three puzzles long.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nothing like ordering a pizza, having it delivered and then waiting six months for the mushrooms and pepperoni to get here.

You made me order a pizza (for real. Waiting for it now.
They messed up my order and forgot one ingredient...

negativeman.png