What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

Last episode of Battlestar Galactica's first season. The fleet need Starbuck to deliver a nuclear warhead onto a Basestar with her stolen Cylon ship, while the president wishes her to go back to Caprica with it and fetch the Arrow of Apollo. Instead of undermining one another and fighting over this resource, why not simply do one thing and then the other? The fleet is not in imminent danger and neither the President nor Adama are unreasonable before this point, this seems like a very manufactured and inorganic conflict.

Still a good programme in terms of quality, though the universe and the characater building seems far less well plotted and paced than Babylon 5. How the devil Gaius is going to bring a child to term with his imaginary companion i'm not even going to attempt to work out, though it seems that the organic Cylons are built to mimic humanity so much that they simply are a manufactured offshoot of the species, strange that Cylons would wish to ape their despised creators so much.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Ghost Rider was cool, but the episode gave me really strong "2nd season Daredevil" vibe, all that vigilante vs vigilante stuff. I do hope they go another direction with it. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Battlestar Galactica

Don't know if you've seen the whole series and don't want to spoiler it for you if not, but agree that it's an excellent series. There's one scene with one of the main characters that I think is one of the very best seen on a serial.
  • Like 2

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

Ghost Rider was cool, but the episode gave me really strong "2nd season Daredevil" vibe, all that vigilante vs vigilante stuff. I do hope they go another direction with it. 

Unlike last year at this time, no blu-ray announcement for the previous season, nor for Agent Carter ... am guessing AoS has entered its final series.

Which might be entertaining ... when the writers get the pink slip, SHIELD goes off the rails: Yo-yo, dead; Mack and Coulson, dead in each other's arms; Lincoln, back from the dead, only to be re-killed by ninja Agent May; Fitz and Simmons, married in Hawaii.

I do love Jemma.

All Stop. On Screen.

Its on Fox so even a basic HD antenna should do the job. A quick Google search shows results for as low as $10 so it will pay for itself within one month.

Meanwhile in my household, Comcast bends me over to the tune of $200+ every month. ;(

I called them up to cancel and they dropped me to about 100 bucks to stay

I think I lost Starz in the deal so nothing of real value was lost

Free games updated 3/4/21

Its on Fox so even a basic HD antenna should do the job. A quick Google search shows results for as low as $10 so it will pay for itself within one month.

Meanwhile in my household, Comcast bends me over to the tune of $200+ every month. ;(

won't starz be the folks carrying american gods? the faceless suits always get you somehow.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well, I have cable, but the sad reality is my wife controls the DVR and I have no desire to argue with her need to record every Bravo reality show in order to get my dose of comedy.  

I need a streaming option.  I'll just wait for it to get released on Netflix or Amazon, I guess.

We tried that and wound up getting talked into the X1 system and 95MB internet... :lol: I got three extra movie channels and a remote I can talk to (which I never do because I always forget about that capability). The single biggest quality of life improvement for me was now I can record a bazillion shows at once (more like eight) and watch them from any TV, not just the box it was recorded on.

• Like 1

So, has anyone seen first episode of either  Lethal Weapon or Macgyver?

Macgyver doesn't premier until tomorrow night, AFAIK.  Unless they've released it online somewhere, or have a different premiere date in Canada, I'd expect no one's seen it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Good Place.

Kristen Bell finds out she's dead and is introduced to "The Good Place" by the angelic architect played by Ted Danson. It's the perfect suburb/village of your dreams populated by 350 of the "good people"  who are the most virtuous of the virtuous who all get their ideal homes and to meet their soul mate. The minor flaw being that apart from getting her name right, Bell's character has done none of the unselfish things that scored her high enough to earn the place in the Good place. In fact, she's a self-absorbed, highly amoral person and is trying to figure out what the hell is going on, aided by her supposed soul mate who was in life a professor of ethics and morality and is dealing with the fact he has to lie to protect her from being sent to "the bad place".

The pilot episode was somewhat amusing, and I'm curious to see just where they do go with it.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

We live in a co-op and just found out the community housing ministry negotiated a deal with Telus and we might get our tv and internet bill dropped by almost half. Which means I might sign up for HBO and still save 60 bucks.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Good Place.

Kristen Bell finds out she's dead and is introduced to "The Good Place" by the angelic architect played by Ted Danson. It's the perfect suburb/village of your dreams populated by 350 of the "good people"  who are the most virtuous of the virtuous who all get their ideal homes and to meet their soul mate. The minor flaw being that apart from getting her name right, Bell's character has done none of the unselfish things that scored her high enough to earn the place in the Good place. In fact, she's a self-absorbed, highly amoral person and is trying to figure out what the hell is going on, aided by her supposed soul mate who was in life a professor of ethics and morality and is dealing with the fact he has to lie to protect her from being sent to "the bad place".

The pilot episode was somewhat amusing, and I'm curious to see just where they do go with it.

Haha, that sounds cool. So she's been misfiled to go to heaven? I'll definitely check it out.

HELL TO THA NO.

Having seen the pilot, this may not be entirely inaccurate. They replaced a Cold War-era super science-smart, street-level solo secret agent with an average pretty-people police procedural.  

Still, I won't give up just yet. Didn't catch Lethal Weapon.

All Stop. On Screen.

I tried the new MacGyver.

It's hm. I'm not getting the magic from it. I mean I know it might be fond nostalgia for childhood memories, but the original as cheesy as it could get had a sense of fun to it? While there are some amusing moments to the new one, I'm not sure it's actually getting that sense of fun as a whole. It might just be because they had to reshoot the pilot and it's still shaky ground. So I'll probably give it a few more episodes before I can make up my mind on it properly.

It runs through a few standard clichés, the current trend to have the sexy female hacker, the obvious twists, and the setup for the potential mysterious big bad. They've kept Mac's commentary to the audience, and they've added in cgi text identifying components during the MacGyver jury-rig moments.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."