What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

I keep meaning to watch that and then not watching it because its slighly more inconvenient to fire up Natflix. #thestruggleisreal

Flash kinda stunk last night imo. But I hate time travel stuff so maybe thats influencing my feels.

gifted and Gromnir may not see eye-to-eye on everything, but we share your displeasure o' time travel.  when used for comedic value, time travel is acceptable to us.  groundhog day would be a prime example o' time travel-for-laughs which actually worked. the simpson's time travel episode  were also kinda amusing. 

edge of tomorrow is perhaps the only somewhat serious time-travel entertainment from the past couple decades we enjoyed. very little science in their science-fiction mighta helped for edge of tomorrow.  yeah, as with all time-travel, suspension o' disbelief becomes strained, but perhaps the willingness to not take time-travel too serious were helpful as we had a few groundhog day moments in edge of tomorrow

and as much as we like star trek, the willingness to use time travel is a shortcoming o' the franchise. is actual kinda a tough call for us to decide which were worse for the franchise: time travel or star trek v: the final frontier.  as bad as were final frontier, it were only one movie outta many.  time travel is the bell that cannot be unwrung. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I actually couldn't watch Supergirl because of Calista Flockhart's Cat Grant. 

She put me off, too, until the writers and Calista found a rhythm. Cat has the best quips in the show and a character arc that works. 

Presentation seems to make a difference. Watching in 1080i on broadcast was muddy and distant and kinda boring, without realizing it. Now on blu-ray with this fancy pants UHD 4K display ... feels like I'm right there in National City--which I've deduced is located just south of the real Pismo Beach. 

All Stop. On Screen.

edge of tomorrow is perhaps the only somewhat serious time-travel entertainment from the past couple decades we enjoyed.

Ive been meaning to watch this too but for some reason my wife gives me the stinkeye every time I think about renting it. Its weird, shes down for any genre but that movie in particular gets her throwing the veto. :lol:

edge of tomorrow is perhaps the only somewhat serious time-travel entertainment from the past couple decades we enjoyed.

Ive been meaning to watch this too but for some reason my wife gives me the stinkeye every time I think about renting it. Its weird, shes down for any genre but that movie in particular gets her throwing the veto. :lol:

am not a fan o' tom cruise, but we liked edge of tomorrow.  is not exact a resounding endorsement, but...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Loved that show, had a teenage crush on Ms. Parker

Also, mildly odd fact, Andrew Parker actually said that due to the nature of the show, in four years of shooting it, there are only about 8 episodes where she was sharing scenes with Michael J Weiss. So the two leads of the show barely knew each other even after all that time since they were always at different locations and sets.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm still mad that Pretender, Profiler and The Others were cancelled for Vince McMahon's XFL.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm still mad that Pretender, Profiler and The Others were cancelled for Vince McMahon's XFL.

possible the time in our adult life when we watched the least tv were the late 90s and early 00s. is almost fifteen years o' near zero tv.  we complete missed out on the sopranos and the wire. am thinking we saw angel only eventual on tnt. saw deadwood after the fact via dvd releases. the two shows we did watch w/o fail during the early aughts both got cancelled w/o a full +20 episode season: firefly & wonderfalls

work, the gym and games... and a whole lotta reading.  am still catching up on tv from that time period-- have been meaning to see the wire.

the only reason Gromnir were aware o' the pretender is 'cause o' the guy who voiced tno.

HA! Good Fun!

Most stuff I watched on videotape until about 2007 or so because of work or school keeping me busy nights.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well, the start of Angel is now 17 years old.

So you can start to appreciate your age these days...

The ones that bugged me from the early 00's, were Odyssey 5 and Threshold. I really wanted to know where those story arcs were going...

• Like 1

Finished Luke Cage. Ended well, Diamondback's costume was a nice homage to his comic book look. Loved the bit with Cage in his classic costume. Overall I think it is my least favorite of the Marvel Netflix shows, but they are all such high quality that doesn't say a lot.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Cool. Agents of SHIELD introduced the Darkhold. Building the supernatural aspects of the MCU before Doctor Strange hits.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I watched the first episode of the new season of American Horror Story and I got really scared in several places...its shaping up to look good

Also I recommend this for a good crime drama  :geek:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Kingdom_(TV_series)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Watched the first episode of westworld. Was good so far. One scene reminded me of when we were developing FOnline 2238 - you spend so much time creating and preparing certain scenes and then some god damn player comes along and ruins it. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just watching the pilot episode of Designated Survivor.

Keifer Sutherland playing the lone cabinet member who survives when the capitol building is blown up during the State of the Union address. The thing that keeps distracting me from the story is trying to figure out just what they've done to make Sutherland look softer as a nice-guy politician compared to the hard edges he was in 24.

I watched the first episode of the new season of American Horror Story and I got really scared in several places...its shaping up to look good

Second episode was equally terrifying  :skull:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trying to get into Star Trek: Enterprise but it's a struggle so far. Even the theme song annoys me but I need some Star Trek in my life

stick with it. It gets really good in season 3

Devastatorsig.jpg

What are you talking about? The theme song is always terrible.

First couple of seasons are very rough, par for the course for modern ST but yeah, it does improve. I'd suggest skipping the finale though, Dexter level awful and somehow more of an insult to the fans who stuck with it than Lumberjack Dexter.

• Like 3

It gets better yeah, like all ST shows it starts cheesy and weak- I think Voyager was the first where I felt it started fairly strong- but that just got progressively worse.

Enterprise gets better yeah, although it never really reaches any level of 'great'. It's the most forgettable contribution to the setting, on par with the new movies.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.