What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

They're almost immmune to radiation, so a glowing planet is of little concern- and even so, they have eternity, waiting 200 or a thousand years is nothing.

But it is revealed during the show that the annihilation was not a unanimous descision, but rather something forced through, when Hawkish elements within their collective took over. Which is why they later tried forced coexistence when the more peaceminded gained majority.

And they believe they are Nietzschen übermensch, elevated above such petty concerns as human morality.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I had guessed they were radiation proof, except the kind found at Ragnarok station, but I would have thought they would want to preserve all of the other evolving lifeforms of the Twelve Colonies that have done nothing to them. Forging a dead environment just for themselves at the expanses of all their gods other creations seems...for wont of a better word, evil.

I think it's the lack of detail on their monotheistic religion that's bothering me: At times their god seems to be presented as a deity of forgiveness and the traditional faith, hope and charity. At other times as the jealous and warlike deity of the Old Testament.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Are you rewatching? Because otherwise I won't spoil too much.

I think though that it's roughly a retelling of the Jewish exodus mixed with the story of Christianity's spread at the expense of the older religions. So their god is not only very similar, it is implied He is the same (pre-jesus at least).

Which is also why He is so vain and vengeful against those who worship false idols.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Their gods also Greek in origin though. There is a whole episode about the 'arrow of Apollo', and a Pantheon, the seven or the nine was it ? somethig like that. There is a connection to Moses leading his people to safety as well of course. 

Anyway trying to spoil BSG would be like trying to spoil Lost, you could do it and people still wouldn't understand what you were talking about. 

The double length specials are good though. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Are you rewatching? Because otherwise I won't spoil too much.

I Appreciate it, i've seen a few episodes of season 1 and 2 but due to dislike of the original property I didn't pursue it. So far it's enjoyable and thinking about it the parallel between Exodus and BSG is fairly obvious, making the Egyptians into programmed machines however seems a little heavy handed, though the pursued being the polytheistic is a nice turnaround.

I do wonder whether the president and Baltar's visions are somehow related though, perhaps wrapped up with Cylon ressurection and thought downloading.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Too bad that show has alreayd ruined Superman. Did you see who they cast as him? I complained last season when they kept him off screen... but I take that back. He was better off if theyw ere gonna gimp him.

I guess sicne this is Supergirl... they had to make sure that there is no doubt Supergirl > Superman. I wonder how quickly they'll kill him off when they audience craps over the actor. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

is difficult for us to hate the guy seeing as how we have never seen him as an adult in anything... ever. road to perdition? he were thirteen or fourteen? 

'course we couldn't get through more than 2.5 episodes of supergirl. sorry guys, but the show were kinda terrible, other than over-the-top calista flockhart.  didn't disney do a cartoon 'bout a spunky female superhero? kim possible? from what little we saw o' both, the cartoon were better.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I enjoyed watching the contestants trying to navigate the new courses.  I think its a good thing for the series to not just continue churning out winners each year because they don't try to make things more difficult as contestants adapt to the courses due to familiarity.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Great job, Ninja Warrior course design, keep it up, fantastic drama watching zero finishers. If I wanted to be disappointed, I'd watch the Chargers on any Sunday.   

is football season and in spite o' our growing concerns 'bout football safety, is difficult for us to take ninja warrior serious when we can see jack lamberts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Lo1sAzOkU

and walter paytons

every weekend.

with the olympics in the rear view mirror, our admitted irrational disdain for any 'sport' that don't include contact resurfaces in an ugly sorta way.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

whoa, hey, just a little obstacle course fun, no need to throw the Sweetness card.

we will take any excuse to post clips o' chicago's 34.  is kinda funny that in 2016, payton would not have been anywhere near a first round draft pick in spite o' the fact that one famous nfl scout once observed that along with anthony munoz and john elway, payton were the only perfect college football players he had ever witnessed. ran ~ a 4.6 40.  seemed faster 'cause o' incredible vision, balance and explosiveness, but he didn't have top-end speed.  regardless, is our pick for best all-time rb. not just 'cause he were a fantastic runner (would actually choose jim brown or barry sanders as pure runners before payton... maybe gale sayers too ) but as a complete back, we don't believe we has seen anybody in the same class.  

is an anecdote that john mckay, the former bucs and usc coach, showed his tampa bay squad film o' THE perfect play-- were a block by payton followed by a 3 yd pass reception.  made 'em watch it over and over. 

lambert is actually the guy we modeled our own playstyle after even though we played safety and not mlb.  intimidation and intelligence.  in spite o' the fact that lambert were not the most physical gifted player, he always maximized his opportunities to make a play by being in the correct spot to do so.  lambert played smart.  'course once he had a chance to make a play, he punished opponents, and then he talked trash... talked lots.

regardless, once football season starts, we can't enjoy a "little obstacle course."  we already admitted it ain't rational, but our contact sport bias is at its height in september. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Wow, safety, we always thought you were the Mike Singletary of the neighborhood, what with the look and all. 

our position coach at Cal remarked that he were surprised we made it to california seeing as how it woulda' been impossible to get our hands through an airport metal detector.  we observed that Gromnir drove all the way from illinois.  *shrug* we were kinda a bob sanders safety, though we has been told that we have "serial killer eyes," which we is twisted enough to take as a compliment. relative stout, fast and hard hitting.  were state finals in in both 100 and indoor 55, but coach were correct 'bout our hands.  far more passes defensed than interceptions.

and as fate would have it, the guy on our high school team who played mike ended up 1st team all-state.  now He were the real deal.

HA! Good Fun!

Fun little teaser for when National City's palm trees become pine trees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ie6YheaDQY

She really ought to take those shoulder pads back to the 80's, their natural habitat.

Is it just me that thinks about the poor workman who comes along to his nice freshly concreted square and beholds the mass destruction this alien has wrought on it, for no other reason than to look cool? I bet she never comes back and lends a hand or pays for the damages.

Blasted Extra Terresestrials taking our capes!

Tea for the teapot!

Fun little teaser for when National City's palm trees become pine trees.

edit: video removed

She really ought to take those shoulder pads back to the 80's, their natural habitat.

Is it just me that thinks about the poor workman who comes along to his nice freshly concreted square and beholds the mass destruction this alien has wrought on it, for no other reason than to look cool? I bet she never comes back and lends a hand or pays for the damages.

Blasted Extra Terresestrials taking our capes!

no capes.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

South Park ripped on Hillary, Trump, Black Lives Matter, Paul Feig, female comedians, collective guilt, Colin Kaepernick, JJ Abrams, and reboots. Not bad for one episode.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

American Horror Story S6E1. So far so good.

Awesome, I didnt know it had been  released 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela