What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

I think you'd be better off comparing Inhumans to Marvel's Agents of SHIELD or, say,  Legends of Tomorrow, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow, Gotham, etc, than the cable and streaming shows you list.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think you'd be better off comparing Inhumans to Marvel's Agents of SHIELD or, say,  Legends of Tomorrow, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow, Gotham, etc, than the cable and streaming shows you list.

Possibly. I still think that Dardevil and the whole Defenders side looks much better though, while Legion is itself a Marvel show (granted, made by Fox). Next to these I think this one looks very lacklustre.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I'm not saying that the Inhumans trailer isn't a disappointment - it is on several levels for me.

But it also looks a lot like the last few seasons of Agents of SHIELD, to be honest.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have partial marvel fatigue. Kind of depends on what part of the universe it is. I was looking forward to GOTG2 but that disappointed me. Doctor Strange I thought was awful. Avengers 2 I thought was awful. So now I'm left wondering if I will be able to enjoy the infinity wars.

That said I'm still looking forward to Thor 3, Spider-Man, and Black Panther.

Of course Cap2 and 3 are my favorites of the whole universe and the directors of those are doing the infinity wars, so maybe there is still hope. But the runaway power quotient kind of leaves you desensitized.

• 2 weeks later...

Plugging a little known (by the views at least) youtube channel for the WW2 nerds.  This guy does heavy duty research before doing one of these videos, the theme being 'filthy detailed'. He is currently working on Stalingrad. He will likely be done with his reading in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Bad Guys (via Netflix) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3914520/

Overall a pretty decent thriller/crime k-drama series. This is one for those who aren't interested in any sort of romance emphasis in their series. The first two episodes are good and build a lot of interest, and then there's a few crime-episodic episodes, with one very bad episode that has this older female actress in a role that is like nails on a chalkboard. I pretend that episode doesn't exist. But it revs up again quickly and becomes very interesting re: the backstories and characterizations of the "bad guys" team with a satisfying ending, imo. All four of the male leads are awesome.

==============================================

Misaeng (Incomplete Life) (via Netflix, also on DramaFever) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4240730/

BEST 20 episode drama series I've seen in quite a while.

No action, almost no melodrama, no romance, just a series about interns/employees lives in a giant office corp. It almost instantly captures your interest and never lets go. Great dialogue and quiet character moments. Fantastic acting and character studies/growth. The last episode does get a little far fetched/silly but still. Hubby liked the first 4 episodes a lot but he had to leave town for a few days - he remarked he'd watch the rest on his own later (which he did) - this from someone who hates subtitles.

======================================================

Descendants of the Sun  (on both Netflix and Dramafever) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4925000/

This is more the romance-drama type style so I won't bother to talk plot. Two male leads (bromance) in a "special forces" military and a couple women (one a doctor/surgeon, one an army doctor), so the main drama comes from difficult jobs = difficult relationships. :p Usual dry humor, some cheesy moments, bad guy isn't all that bad - but with decent characters including a large cast of good supporting roles. I liked "Goblin" a lot more but this one was good enough to watch all the episodes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hap and Leonard.

One of those exclusive Amazon Prime 6-episodes a season show.  A slight touch of crime noir with a touch of humour and quirkiness.

Set in the late 80's in the Deep South, James Purefoy as Hap, a former 60's activist and ex-con, and Michael Kenneth Williams as his best friend, Leonard, the openly gay black Vietnam vet.

The first season has one complete story arc: Shortly after losing their jobs, Hap's ex-wife turns up (played by Christina Hendricks) in the role of femme fatale tempting them to join in a hunt for sunken treasure - a bank robbery that went wrong and disappeared into the swamps. Cue a group of washed up activists, a murderous duo, and a dead local sherrif's deputy.

Shenanigans ensue.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Amazon Prime had a new Tick. I enjoyed the original, but this one is a bit more serious in tone. It seems to be focused more on Arthur than The Tick, which works, because it is hard to match the gravitas of Patrick Warburton. The pilot was decent, I'll give it another look. 

Been watching a series called "Shooter" on Netflix based on the Mark Whalberg movie. It's actually pretty good!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Damn, that movie feels forever ago. How did they revive that film into something...

Good question. I'm not really sure, but it's worth noting that Mark Wahlberg is the executive producer of this show so it should remain pretty well done (I hope).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Somehow missed that Dark Matter's third season is up so I've been doing come catching up.

What can I say, I absolutely love how that show plays every cliché damn straight without ever apologizing for it. :wub:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

And for the big announcement for those interested :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyokEeH45sA

:lol:  They have been threatening to do that since the Tom Baker days. I'm surprised it took this long!

Wow, pop culture has turned on it's head. We've had gay characters in westerns, Superman renounced his US Citizenship, celebrities are running for President... and winning, Spider-Man is black... no Puerto Rican... no both (it's a bitch when you can't decide), Doctor Who, Thor, and Captain Marvel are all women now, and Han solo and Captain America are dead. There are no rules anymore, anything goes. It's THUNDERDOME!

As for Jodie Whittaker taking over, file me under "whatever". I used to like Doctor Who back in the Tom Baker/ Peter Davidson days. But then I grew up. Haven't watched an episode since Caves of Androzoni (but that was a good one).

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And for the big announcement for those interested :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyokEeH45sA

:lol:  They have been threatening to do that since the Tom Baker days. I'm surprised it took this long!

Wow, pop culture has turned on it's head. We've had gay characters in westerns, Superman renounced his US Citizenship, celebrities are running for President... and winning, Spider-Man is black... no Puerto Rican... no both (it's a bitch when you can't decide), Doctor Who, Thor, and Captain Marvel are all women now, and Han solo and Captain America are dead. There are no rules anymore, anything goes. It's THUNDERDOME!

As for Jodie Whittaker taking over, file me under "whatever". I used to like Doctor Who back in the Tom Baker/ Peter Davidson days. But then I grew up. Haven't watched an episode since Caves of Androzoni (but that was a good one).

Doctor Who is different because there is sort of a reincarnation nature. I suppose Marvel works for certain characters because it's just another person taking up the moniker as the previous hero ages out. Which is fine.

The thing I'm not a huge fan of is the character assassination of established characters. Thor is no longer worthy to wield Mjolnir, Captain America is now a fascist. It's all too on the nose. It's funny how the people that push for that type of change love to champion respecting identity, but they can't extend that respect to fictional characters.

• Like 1

Doctor Who is different because there is sort of a reincarnation nature. I suppose Marvel works for certain characters because it's just another person taking up the moniker as the previous hero ages out. Which is fine.

The thing I'm not a huge fan of is the character assassination of established characters. Thor is no longer worthy to wield Mjolnir, Captain America is now a fascist. It's all too on the nose. It's funny how the people that push for that type of change love to champion respecting identity, but they can't extend that respect to fictional characters.

To be fair, Thor not being worthy to wield Mjolnir has a history with the character. Wasn't that part of the original reason Odin kicked him to Earth and trapped as the simple human Doctor Blake until he'd learnt some humility.  Part of which they used for the first Thor movie.  I seem to recall they've bounced that concept around a few times, as well as introducing a handful of other characters that were worthy enough to wield the hammer.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

To be fair, Thor not being worthy to wield Mjolnir has a history with the character. Wasn't that part of the original reason Odin kicked him to Earth and trapped as the simple human Doctor Blake until he'd learnt some humility.  Part of which they used for the first Thor movie.  I seem to recall they've bounced that concept around a few times, as well as introducing a handful of other characters that were worthy enough to wield the hammer.

Ah, good point. I think the Captain America example just feels particular ill-motivated. But if I'm being honest, I don't care too much. I'll just not read it. While I enjoy the MCU because it's a large collaborative adaption. I'm not really a fan of a single writer coming in and basically doing professional fan-fiction. Especially when they're primary goal is not to write a story for an established character, but the purpose is to do a re-characterization within the main canon. But people are free to fill their consumption with that sort of material.

I'm no Doctor Who fan. I think I watched a few episodes a long time ago. It should be my cup of tea but it isn't.

As for female doctor. *shrug* I enjoy female starring vehciles like Wonder Woman is fine. I just don't get the need for SJW Nazis to push this sort of thing.  In stead of a female DSoctor Who why not created an unique character that happens to be fermale instead of turning a man into a woman much like the push for Bond to be black or female (though Elba is a good actor  but why not make a new spy thriller  starring Elba?). L0L

A female doctor who doesn't change my plans to not watch the show so no worries there. I'll stick to  th ebest female characters/shows like Wonder Woman, Buffy, and Xena. Look at that.  Strong, entertaining, and popular female characters that were created to be females. Can you imagine if they just had Xena be Hercules and not Xena? LMAO Or have WW be arebooted Superman? R00fles!

Reboots and remakes are bad enough when it comes to lack of imaginatuon. But changing a race or gender of a character is not imaginative at all. Espicially sicne we all know a lot of decisions at ebased on SJW Nazism and not just for different take on a character.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.