What You Did Today

Tale

Speaking of health and hell, I attended my sister's funeral today.

That genuinely sucks. Sorry to hear that. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thanks, guys.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Again, thanks, guys. This is the same sister whom I had mentioned in months past, where I had said bad things would happen if people didn't start changing their behavior. Well, they didn't, and, well, here we are. I probably don't say this very often, but I really wish I had been wrong. That's life, though.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I know that words aren't enough when it comes to losing family, nothing heals those wounds, but for what it's worth my condolences Mr Bartimaeus. I hope that life will give a little comfort and happiness where it has taken from you.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Condolences Barti.

There's never anything you can really say that doesn't come across as empty platitudes at a time like this.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Expected Germany to lose today but still kind of sucks. Though more so in seein other fans' reaction. As always the worst thing in life is other people.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Louisiana. Minnesota. Dallas. This is surreal.

I've seen the video from Baton Rouge & Alton. Those two guys were murdered.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

i always said that USA has a problem. they have created a vicious cycle. almost everyone is armed so the cops can't trust anyone. the cops are twitchy thinking that anyone can pull out a gun at any time so they shoot first and ask questions later at the first sign of danger. that makes people mad and more heavily armed and the cops get even more paranoid.

the "gangsta culture" makes things even worse when it comes to blacks

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I would like a ceiling fan or really any fan but my wife has this weird thing about wind blowing on her. Le sigh. When we moved in I had to go around the house and angle all the air vents so they don't blow directly at us

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

when it's not how enough to need the ac, i put a fan in front of an open window in the evening to have it suck cold air from outside and send it in the room. 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Speaking of health and hell, I attended my sister's funeral today.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I would like a ceiling fan or really any fan but my wife has this weird thing about wind blowing on her. Le sigh. When we moved in I had to go around the house and angle all the air vents so they don't blow directly at us

I could not survive without feeling the airflow. I have a little floor fan blowing continuously since 2013. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

I have a similar issue with wind blowing directly on me, the solution on particularly hot nights is those mobile  fans that rotate ....so the fan only sometimes  will blow on your wife but its not consistent but it does keep the temperature down. Or you just aim the fan on you and let it rotate, that way you will feel the direct benefit but your wife wont

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela