What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Stellaris, I've clocked about 10 hours so far, had few wars. One less succesful (some ***hat stole the planets right under me and for some reason I could not transport my ground troops to the planet...) and one very succesfull. I only have one ally, but both of us are quite large, yet I'm afraid that all the ganging up by AI's will be end of my space empire. There is one very weak Alliance that I'm going to try and pick apart tomorrow but other than that I'll have to build up my fleet a lot to be able to beat the "big boys".

So far the game has been everything I've hoped for, finally the game that dethrones Master of Orion 2.

Hate the living, love the dead.

The Stellaris nova edition states:

Exclusive Alien Race (Cosmetic DLC)

So is that just like it says on the tin, only cosmetic? Meaning this race doesn't offer any species advantages/disadvantages like I assume the other base in-game species do?

It's just a portrait you can use when creating a custom race.

Traits (advantages/disadvantages) will be chosen from the normal lists. All races/portraits have access to that same list.

I think the regular pre-order portraits are the best. But if you're too late for that and want to be spiders, the one from Nova is pretty sweet looking.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Currently have about 2 1/2 hours into Uncharted 4 and really enjoying.  It seems like Naughty Dog has really excelled at enhancing each gameplay aspect to their game from previous installments.  I will say that, due to graphic integrity and storytelling, for the first couple hours, I really do feel like I'm "playing" through a movie here.  Movement feels great, shooting mechanics so far have been solid, voice acting is stellar as typical with their titles and the graphics, damn, easily one of the best looking console games, if not best looking games out there right now.

I need to pick this up soon.  I still have to play through UC3 though.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Uncharted 4, like pretty much all the online friends from my friends list :o Looks great, plays great but the brother character hasn't convinced me so far.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I really love how they have improved the shooting mechanics. Actually, it feels better than most tps/fps games I have played in recent memory.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Uncharted 4 is waiting at home for me if I can just get away from work...

• Like 1

Started Stellaris with a Molluskoid tentacle faced raced named the Cthulhu. Started as a despotic empire, with the traits intelligent, enduring, and decadent, with the spiritual, martial and collectivist ethics.

One of the first star systems I found was Sol, so I conquered the puny humans and made them my slaves. Now I am allied with a spiritual despotic empire of fungus people and am engaged in a war with some democratic bug people, because they blocked my expansion.

The number of customization options is fantastic. You can make literally any race you want, especially because adding new portraits was the first modding tutorial they added.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

After some time without playing anything, I picked Dark Souls 3 again. I decided to create a pyromancer this time, and while I did like my class choice, I am wondering when I am going to find the first pyromancy trainer. Or if I already missed him/her/them/it, considering how easy it is to miss the Sorcery trainers.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

finally got some time to play Stellaris. Created few races to be included in my game - Imperium of man - divine xenophobic mandate of heavens guys and few other funny ones. Playing myself as slow breeding intelligent long living militaristic collectivistic spiritualistic transcended oligarchy. I love it. No wars so far but its going to happen all around is xenophobic isolationist :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Played a little bit more DOOM. I still can't believe the graphics look this bad. I usually don't complain about visuals but Wolfenstein: The New Order looked waaaaaay better and that game was using id Tech 5. DOOM seems to be the first game that is utilizing id Tech 6...well, it looks pretty damn ugly! on the PS4 at least.

Played a little bit more DOOM. I still can't believe the graphics look this bad. I usually don't complain about visuals but Wolfenstein: The New Order looked waaaaaay better and that game was using id Tech 5. DOOM seems to be the first game that is utilizing id Tech 6...well, it looks pretty damn ugly! on the PS4 at least.

Are you playing the final version?  

Uncharted 4 is simply superb. Really enjoying my time with it. 

Are you playing the final version?

Yeah, there is a day one patch which I haven't downloaded though but I doubt it will change much. The framerate is pretty smooth but there is no vsynch and you see a lot of ugly textures here and there.

Edited by Katphood

I really love how they have improved the shooting mechanics. Actually, it feels better than most tps/fps games I have played in recent memory.

This is what i don't get. What exactly is so improved from predecessors? The shooting was stellar from 2 onward and i've had a blast in 1 one as well. But people always bring out some improvements that i just don't see. From the start i'd say that new recoil on the weapons made the shooting less enjoyable and not better.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Tried to play some Civilzation: BE, got annoyed and went on a Diablo 3 binge instead.

First time I bothered with the Season stuff, decided it was a good time to level a monk so that's what I've been doing, got her to lvl70 in like 2 days, completed 2 of the 4 "Season chapters" so far (only Urzael left to complete part 3). I just hope Chapter 4 won't require me to kill Malthael on Torment or I'm gonna cry. I really dislike that bossfight (think I killed about everything else on Torment 1 already, but I've avoided him like the plague).

I also noticed there's a bunch of other additions that happened since I last played (like the Kenai's Kube) so got some stuff to explore, also seem to be much easier to acquire blueprints for...stuff...now. Still missing some conversation achievements because there's a bunch that require you to talk to people at really illogical times in the campaign, which is annoying (like the one for the Enchanter to talk about Belial that requires you talk to talk to her between saving the refugees and killing Belial...).

Only 25 minutes into Stellaris but I am loving the soundtrack.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Enjoying Stellaris, but man it's goddamn annoying to try to chase down enemy fleets. They just keep evading me for eternity. Out of the 10 fleets the alliance had, I managed to take down fully 2 or 3. Rest just kept jumping from place to place. Luckily though they did not engage and attack my spaceports, or otherwise I would have screwed. Can't be everywhere all the time

Hate the living, love the dead.

That kinda crap could happen in EU4, too...for both armies and ships. It stopped being that big of a problem for armies after the major sieges and forts reworks, but could still be pretty annoying for fleets.

I suppose I should really be trying Stellaris now, before the game collapses under its own weight of added mishmash DLC stuff. Or maybe I just won't ever bother... :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Gotta take the Malthael thing back, I found a necklace (Talisman of Aranoch) that makes me immune to cold damage, which neutralizes quite a few of his more devastating attacks... Just a bummer that it's a lvl69 version and not the lvl70 one ...

The lag in the Division is getting to annoying levels now.  I can't even log on to one game session without having to deal with major lag.  Every side mission/enemy confrontation results in me having to watch my shots be delayed by 5 seconds before I know if they hit or not, and take damage from enemies that, on my screen, haven't even started firing yet.

What the eff, Ubisoft?  No other MP game I've played has had this amount of constant lag.  Other games (CoD, Destiny, etc.) may have the occasional lag.  But this is happening EVERY SINGLE TIME I log on.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I called in sick yesterday to play lots of Uncharted.

So far I'd say it's the best one yet. They just need to stick the landing.

• Like 2