Blame Social Justice Warriors for Donald Trump

Valsuelm

That's a funny thing coming from the poster boy of being unable to read nine paragraphs of a medical definition that was right in front of his nose and then doubling down on the uninformed idiocy he was spouting, but hey, who am I to judge?

If you're looking for an admission of having been wrong about the chances of people with intellectual disabilities to get into university, there you have it: I have been wrong. People with IDD can get into universities. Which, by the way, is a pretty cool thing, all in all, and I guess I owe you thanks for broadening my horizons with that new tidbit of information. So thank you.

Aww. Sore loser detected.

Whatever you say, poster boy of illiteracy  :yes:

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Watch "The Century of the Self" by Adam Curtis for more, the same guy who brought us "The Power of Nightmares".

Both excellent documentaries. The former I have linked on these forums before, and if I made a list of ten documentaries I think every human should see 'The Century of the Self' would be one of them. Curtis's work in general is really good, though I do think 'Century of the Self' is his best.

• Like 1

I watched the whole video, it had some interesting points but also many comments that were simply misinformed and based on a level of bias

Oerwinde if you are interested I can go into more detail but if you not so keen then its fine but I will refute the overall message using facts and current examples so it may be interesting ?

Go for it Bruce. Its not much of a discussion otherwise

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I watched the whole video, it had some interesting points but also many comments that were simply misinformed and based on a level of bias

Oerwinde if you are interested I can go into more detail but if you not so keen then its fine but I will refute the overall message using facts and current examples so it may be interesting ?

Go for it Bruce. Its not much of a discussion otherwise

Sure, but I have friends visiting now and as soon as they gone I will 

Its going to be detailed but hopefully you find it interesting  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Please provide the link where I said that...I'm calling you out Volo, sorry"

I never claimed YOU did. i claimed SJW nazis have , whom you support, have done so since the start. So whining about the other side using extreme language against them is is silly when the side you chose to support has done  much worse and to sound 1, STARTED IT.

But, hey, according to you it is okay for SJW Nazis to call White Male Gamers sexist, racist, rapists, monsters, worse than ISIS, and state that Hitler had the right diea but the wrong target. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well I'm sure this makes me a massive hypocrite considering I haven't done much to improve the atmosphere of the discussion around here, but... opting out doesn't really help.

I mean, ideally, moderation would set standards of behavior that are conducive to a constructive exchange of ideas and clamp down hard on pointlessly antagonistic bull**** (which, again, I'm sure would get me banned in, like, two weeks but still) - but given that they apparently don't consider setting up such rules a priority, I think it falls upon the participants to combat that kind of crap. Which I'm not entirely sure how to do - I guess politely phrased, informative and topic-relevant posts in great enough numbers to drown out the noise would do the trick?

Yeah, these forums are a complete and total garbage hole when people are actually getting upset at each other*, and moderation, administration, ownership et. al. doesn't seem to care one bit. Why have rules against flaming and trolling when you can have rules against criticism of other companies? ...

*Not that I haven't contributed to it being so...but hey, if the rules weren't such trash, it wouldn't be a problem to begin with.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

We try to err on the 'too lax' side so you all can discuss almost anything, and I think over the last 10 years it's mostly worked out well, but... yeah, then sometimes we get brown stuff smeared all over the walls. 

We mods will try to be on-spot more with this thread, and now I think everyone in the last few pages know when they've gone overboard, so let's try to calm down a bit, yes? 

• Like 4

We try to err on the 'too lax' side so you all can discuss almost anything, and I think over the last 10 years it's mostly worked out well, but... yeah, then sometimes we get brown stuff smeared all over the walls. 

We mods will try to be on-spot more with this thread, and now I think everyone in the last few pages know when they've gone overboard, so let's try to calm down a bit, yes? 

Tigranes I think you guys do a great job considering the reality of how discussions flow and change and how sometimes people debate and how things heated

But this criticism about the mentally retarded children I don't understand? Can you explain what was so bad about it as sometimes I misunderstand forum etiquette

This is my view, we having a normal debate where certain  people seemed to be antagonizing each other ...but this is normal?

Now just because Barti and Hurlshot think its inappropriate why should that matter in the slightest? Isn't there a general forum rule that not all debates you need to agree with or think are relevant ..and the only reason I am asking is have the forums become vituperative? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tigranes I think you guys do a great job considering the reality of how discussions flow and change and how sometimes people debate and how things heated

But this criticism about the mentally retarded children I don't understand? Can you explain what was so bad about it as sometimes I misunderstand forum etiquette

This is my view, we having a normal debate where certain  people seemed to be antagonizing each other ...but this is normal?

Now just because Barti and Hurlshot think its inappropriate why should that matter in the slightest? Isn't there a general forum rule that not all debates you need to agree with or think are relevant ..and the only reason I am asking is have the forums become vituperative?

Discussions on topics such as this are bound to get heated, but I find they tend to simmer down and we just get peaks and valleys. Most people here are good people, Bruce included. 8)

A warning is usually all it takes for people to calm down because I think despite our differences, we have a lot of respect for each other here.

As for the mentally retarded discussion Bruce, its mostly because some people are really sensitive to the word retarded. Its become more of an insult for people who act moronically or in a way people think is stupid, rather than as a scientific term, and because of that, people who know developmentally disabled people and the PC tend to not like to use the word as they see it as disrespectful to the developmentally disabled. Some people therefore think it shouldn't be used, and others just see it as the evolution of language same as the word ****.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Discussions on topics such as this are bound to get heated, but I find they tend to simmer down and we just get peaks and valleys. Most people here are good people, Bruce included. 8)

A warning is usually all it takes for people to calm down because I think despite our differences, we have a lot of respect for each other here.

Thanks Oerwinde :) Its funny how certain people wont talk to me on these forums  and it upsets me when people ignore me because I hate being ignored ....waaaaaa    :sorcerer:

But also the people who ignore me have basically completely different views to me and I want to debate with them because I enjoy these types of debates. So its weird that clever people like these guys, for example Zora, 2133 and Vals, cant bring themselves to debate with me. Trust me Im not that bad ...you and I chat all the time? 

John Milton 

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=9352846&fileId=S014976771400028X

So Pilates is a white supremecist exercise. Critical Dance Theory FTW

Don't know if this had been posted before, but holy crap.

Comedy Goldmine: https://twitter.com/real_peerreview

• Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=9352846&fileId=S014976771400028X

So Pilates is a white supremecist exercise. Critical Dance Theory FTW

Don't know if this had been posted before, but holy crap.

Comedy Goldmine: https://twitter.com/real_peerreview

*bookmarked for morning-coffee fun*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why do people spend hours a day, every single day, for years, engagng in voluntary activities that they do not enjoy? Weird. :shrugz:

Finally someone is prepared to say this...Gfted1 sometimes people think I'm stupid but I sometimes just refuse to try to interpret this forum debating etiquette 

This point you made, for me I engage with people who ask me questions or make absurd comments like " Muslims will overrun the USA   " 

Then later after much debate someone I know will PM me and say "do you know they were trolling ÿou ...  you wasted time debating them...you will never change anyone's mind  as no one really respects the principle of debate " ( in other words no one ever likes to admit they wrong )

But I refuse to believe that, surly after all the  time and endless debates we have all people who do debate arent prepared to concede they wrong? That would mean  our debates are pointless

Oh one of the two things that annoy me ....when people call me a troll...after all this time and all the effort I put into topics

Its really would make me the most saddest person in the world  :biggrin:  You see I have no idea why some people call me a troll, there reasons always are nebulous and insincere " you a troll because you NEVER answer questions "  

Do you think I come across as a troll and if so what would define this?

John Milton 

"Please provide the link where I said that...I'm calling you out Volo, sorry"

I never claimed YOU did. i claimed SJW nazis have , whom you support, have done so since the start. So whining about the other side using extreme language against them is is silly when the side you chose to support has done  much worse and to sound 1, STARTED IT.

But, hey, according to you it is okay for SJW Nazis to call White Male Gamers sexist, racist, rapists, monsters, worse than ISIS, and state that Hitler had the right diea but the wrong target. R00fles!

Volo people often say to me " volo is  a troll....why you debate him " 

I dont think you a troll at all because we debate all the time? But I seldom agree with you and you refuse to answer all personal questions I ask u so its hard to read you but I would say we get on fine ?

John Milton 

"But this criticism about the mentally retarded children I don't understand?"

It's not PC. A lot of people who get butthurt over its use in general dialogue don't get calling some random person the term is not the same as insulting or making fun of those with actual disabilities in that area. So, you should never use because PC Warriors will think you are the devil because they will take it out of context and make you out to be some sort of evil monster. I perosnally never use the term word with disalbilties. It is more fitting as a meaner term for idiot. I've had it directed at me. I shrug because I don't shrivel into a pile of poo b/s someone is mean. LMAO

I don't get along 'fine', 'bad', or 'good' with anyone. I don't know you guys. You ar enot important. Only the content of your posts are worthy or not worthy of wasting my time on.

P.S. Just read one of those links... learned a new sexual term... hobosexual... LMFAO

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No trust me, you want to keep the SJW Nazis around and vocal. Lest everyone forget what will happen when they actually get political power again.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Except Trump is a SJW Nazi. he is all about feels, power, control, and slavery.

So what you are telling me is no matter who wins in November we are screwed? Don't worry, I was way ahead of you on that score. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Except Trump is a SJW Nazi. he is all about feels, power, control, and slavery.

I'm offended on behalf of the Nazis that you continually lump them in with SJWs. This is disturbing and ill conceived. Where are the moderators? What's up with these weak forum rules?!!?! I need my safe space!!

Edited by Valsuelm