What you did today

Blarghagh

I'm not confused, I just have an authority problem.

Also, bracelet ordered and got some Dragon Age: Inquisition time over the weekend. Now to survive the work week...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Also, bracelet ordered and got some Dragon Age: Inquisition time over the weekend. Now to survive the work week...

Don't worry, I don't think anyone suspects you're a turkey.

• Like 4
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Don't worry, I don't think anyone suspects you're a turkey.
Yeah, the Christmas ham time's got me real worried, though.

Obviously, no thanxgiving here, so got a full week.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 2

Today I've reached a personal goal I was chasing for 5 years, and with it I blew my personal best standing barbell overhead push-press record out of the water like it was nothing. 

wold_push-press_small_zpshdvqhstg.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Grats =)

What are those elbow "covers" you're wearing?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Grats =)

What are those elbow "covers" you're wearing?

Thank you! They're IPF-approved Rehband elbow sleeves, they're tight and simply keep the elbow joint, muscles and tendons in that area warm and increase blood flow, which reduces the likelihood of an injury, especially after a short rest or during first repetitions of the day.

They don't actually help to lift more weight, they just make lifting really heavy things safer. 

They also make knee sleeves which make heavy barbell squats, power cleans etc. much safer- I can highly recommend those as well.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Hey, does anyone know what Wals is doing?

No, he has been very quite....Oby chased him away

But you should only worry about committed forum members...people that care about you and don't just desert you...like me  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I told someone that we should stop dating, at least for now, until her life is less complicated - it was mutual, she felt the same way but had danced around the issue so I had to say it, and we weren't really a long-term thing but it still wasn't fun.

:shrugz: 

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Playing games and drinking beer I'd wager. He's on Steam a lot if you wanna talk to him. But I think his Obsidian days are over, at least as an active poster.. Didn't really pry into why.

Fortune favors the bald.

Buried in work pretty much from things he's said, along with a lot of travel time to and from. So not so much internet access or time to be casually browsing and keeping up with forum threads, when he does get time it tends to focus more on relaxing with games I gather.

Which reminds me I should probably make some effort to actually expanding my steam friends list at some point...  Of course actually signing into the friends thing when I'm playing games might be a thing to do as well...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I can recommend joining the Obsidian group on Steam as well.

Also today I don't have any plans or any work, so.. games I guess.

What about purple hair...u guys still together ?

Anyway I have had some really good news about South Africa, we have finally got our electricity parastatel  profitable. This may seem like a non-issue but we have issues with all the government run parastatels ....almost all of them run at a loss

Anyway this proves that black South Africans can run these complex entities

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yep and probably moving in together in the beginning of next year if all goes well. :)

Nice Ros  :thumbsup:

But you  not married, you not worried about living in sin....eternal fire and all that ? 

;)

John Milton 

Nah, I always trust in the wise words of Marcus Aurelius when it comes to matters of faith..

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but...will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. "

But yeah it's awesome, she's a keeper.. and well worth at least half an eternity in hell for a little slice of heaven on Earth. /cheese.

• Like 6

Fortune favors the bald.

We had our first frost last night. I made a fire in the fireplace and I was reading my kindle in the recliner in front of it. I guess I fell asleep. I woke up at 4 am the fire was low and both dogs were sleeping on top of me in the chair. And neither is small!

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Happy 2nd anniversary, Ros!

Meanwhile, went for drinks and brgrs with some old school buddies that I've known from 29 to 22 years. There's a particular brand of fun you can have with people like that. Also, still work tomorrow and the office xmas party. So tired I wish I could skip it...

• Like 1

Having had my first payday in my new job, started getting serious about looking for a place to live (armed with plenty of cash and a fully loaded credit card!). Most convenient spot is somewhere in Surrey, which I guess is not the cheapest part of the UK to live in. It could've been worse of course, but one of the main motivators for leaving Berlin was, I didn't want to live in the big city. Looks like there are some nice green areas and natural preserves in the general area between London and the south coast.

Having lived in hotels for a staggering 4 months in total out of the last 15 months, I do miss having my own place again. Probably going to get a small car too, now that I am at it. Weather this time of year doesn't encourage motor cycling wink.png

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Lookin forward to taking my grandfathers Walther P38 to the range to let off some steam. I find old full steel guns so sexy, today's combat tupperware is so unappealing.

Still a bit sore I lost out on the opportunity to get a SIG P210. I was on the train to go on a 2 hour ride to another town to pick it up, only to be texted that it was sold the night before thirty seconds before the train doors closed. I ran out.

A Luger P08 was in the works too, but there are few left in great shape in Serbia.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The universe is a cruel place, why did they make alcohol addictive but have it give you hangover? 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Man a few weeks ago I downed five shots of Tequila, didn't even get drunk. Had a terrible hangover next morning.

Talk about a lose lose situation.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.