What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

The Purple Toe did a few foraging runs into the Merchant's Quarter. Both were more or less successfull. On my first run two people went down and I failed the optional objective, as the enemies I was headhunting hung back and then fled the battlefield when their friends bit the dust. My Mutant got back on his feet right away, found his own way back into camp half crazed. He now runs Amok during combat - yet another one to forget about tactics and never retreat. I doubt anyone in the warband will notice that it is the result of a head injury and not normal behaviour.

My Marauder was less lucky and took a nasty cut... where his eyes would have been if he hadn't a Faceless mutation with a resulting lack of eyes. (I wonder if he still gets the combat penalty though, as Faceless only states that it grants 100% perception checks)

Best thing is that I got to recruit my first Possessed, a real beast in melee.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Reminds me of playing a Chaos Champion when the rules for Khorne and Slaanesh came out in Realms of Chaos if I remember, all those mutations and powers, great stuff.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

More Wasteland 2.  My sniper seems to be regressing as she levels up.  Before, she was almost a guaranteed hit.  Now, she's constantly missing shots at 72% success chance.  Good thing the rest of my party, particularly my melee fighters, can mop up.

Enjoying the game for the most part.  The camera angle when traveling the map is ... odd.  Maybe I'm just not used to it, but the camera angle always makes it seem like I'm ducking down to try and see more of the screen ahead.  Kind of like driving a car with your sun shade all the way down.  You gotta duck and peek under to see the road fully.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tzeentch was having a laugh today. Or perhaps it was Khorne who was taking an interest this scavenging run. The Purple Toe got into their bloodiest melee with a Sisters of Sigmar warband. People were dropping left and right, starting with Dachs, my Possessed hero and theoretical melee monster, who had his arms bashed something nasty by the Augur and Purifier.

Amok running Mutant Radburn - who had moved with Telork (the Darksoul, not to be confused with Telork the Brethren) to flank the sisters who had intercepted Geldris' flanking manouvre -  got beaten to a pulp by the Matriarch and a Novice just as he celebrated taking out their rear guard.

To cut a short story shorter: with clever use of dark magiks by Magister Witold and some grand sharpshooting by the Endre, the Purple Toe managed to turn the tide in the most crucial moment and emerge victorious!

(as in, both warbands had enough casualties that the next person going down would force Rout Tests)

Results:

Dachs is suffering from Tendonitis, a permanent penalty to Strength which has me very tempted to replace him, since this was only his second mission.

Radburn adds a nervous Twitch to his Amok, reducing his Agility.

Liefried made a full recovery and spend some time practicing Vital Strike.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Still traversing the Wasteland (2).  I think I tackled the Ag Center too early.  Because now that I'm past it, I'm finding the other tasks/missions I have are relatively easy when it comes to combat encounters.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The Purple Toe slinks home in defeat.

We were ambushed by a Bloodletter of Khorne before we hardly ahd time to get our hands on the enemy. I tried a desperate gambit of forcing the enemy to rout, but the mutant's inventory was fulls so he couldn't pick up the enemy idol... doh...

Witold lost his lucky amulet. the Bloodletter must have cut through the chain.

Liefried has gone crazy - second member of the warband running Amok.

Telork (the darksoul, not the brethren) died. There goes my most experienced henchman.

But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Or that which kills our henchmen and not us makes us stronger! Once we get better henchmen anyway.

Finished off Ag Center in Wasteland 2.  Thank God Rose and Angela joined my crew, otherwise I'd have been sunk.  Angela, in particular, was money in combat.  She kept hitting the enemy while the rest of my party (minus my sniper) kept missing.

right after ag center i ran into a traveling merchant to whom i dumped everything that i had looted so far and i made enough money to buy his OP weapons. now im done with rail nomads and my characters still one-shot EVERYTHING with these weapons... even the honey badgers of the Leve L'Upe mine went down with one shot from the sniper

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Well, the plan for Halloween was to play a bunch of Fatal Frame 5 and Alien: Isolation.  I wound up playing about 20 minutes of Alien: Isolation and 3+ hours of Sword Coast Legends.  So much for that plan.  At least I played SOMA earlier this month to fill my spooky quota for October.  :p

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Purple Toe headed back into the Nobles' Quarters, proving that you can't keep a mutated dog down for long. In the gloom of night, the city illuminated only by Morrslieb's sickly green glow, they carefully stalked through the same buildings into the square they had met defeat.

and were ambushed by clan Eshin assassins.

The new guy went down with a chest wound. With only the victory XP I paid him out and got myself a new new guy.

RNG hates me. Rolled a 92 followed by a 94 followed by a 96. Half my attack rolls were 90+ with an average chance to hit of 80% At least three rounds in a row I was hitting with 1 in 5 attacks. The skaven were not as unlucky. How I ended up winning *shrug* Tzeentch only knows.

Edit:

After having been wounded in almost every single fight, Freybin, the faceless marauder, finally died, after meeting the wrong side of a magic Greatsword of Defiance.

Dachs the Possessed though recovered from his tendonitis and did well in this mission - the Chaos Gods smiled on him and gifted him with Claw Feet.

Edited by melkathi

More Wasteland 2.

I can't seem to get the two rail nomad tribes to settle things peacefully.  No matter what I do, no matter how many favors or how many "special dialogue" options I pick, they end up shooting each other.  It's frustrating.

After another couple of runs, Dachs got the boot. Unfair perhaps, but chaos warbands aren't about fairness. In the last encounter with the Sisters of Sigmar, he got knocked to his knees, stunned, with the first blow. Two more blows and he was out. The two handed flail that smashed into his chest left permanent damage, reducing his Toughness. With his Strength already reduced due to tendonitis, and him still only level 1, the warband decided to get someone scarier, a level 4 Possessed hero with three arms.

More Wasteland 2.

I can't seem to get the two rail nomad tribes to settle things peacefully.  No matter what I do, no matter how many favors or how many "special dialogue" options I pick, they end up shooting each other.  It's frustrating.

You have to actually type something special in.

More Wasteland 2.

I'm playing the console version (PS4).  There is no option to type anything, that I've seen.

It's annoying because I actually passed one of the special dialogue speech requirements (high enough kiss ass skill).  Yet it does nothing.  The chief responds to me just like he would if that option wasn't available to him.

I might either have to skip the quest until I find a fix (every place I've looked online, there's no solution for the PS4/XBox One crowd) for this specific hiccup, or just play through the quest and see one side massacred.  Neither are appealing options.

More Wasteland 2.

Nope. That was the case in a early version. Later they added the button to the dialogue. So no need to type in anything.

Then again, I haven't played the DC, but I'll doubt they re-added it there.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Nah, you don't. Rail Nomad spoilers follow.

I saved daughter of the Atchison chief from one of his dirty bombs (defusing the bike in the playground) and then mentioned doing this to him. This prompted Atchison chief to agree to cease the hostilities and persuaded him that instead of requiring the golden spike, they should use it to fix the railroad as a sign of good will.

After properly talking to the Topekan chief and telling him Atchisons want to make peace, I mentioned a thing he talked about previously, that one arm, no matter how strong, can't steer a train - he agreed that the tribes need to unite. And that was that.

• Like 1

Nope. That was the case in a early version. Later they added the button to the dialogue. So no need to type in anything.

Then again, I haven't played the DC, but I'll doubt they re-added it there.

One particular way I used to make peace between rail nomads in both WL2 original and DC didn't require typing anything in manually. I'm not sure about the other ways to do this quest, though.

@GhostofAnakin

Could you elaborate on how you're doing this quest? As far as I remember special dialog options there aren't "instawin the quest" kind, so there's that.

Edit: ninjaed by Fenixp. What he said works. :)

Edited by Yellow Rabbit

Nah, you don't. Rail Nomad spoilers follow.

I saved daughter of the Atchison chief from one of his dirty bombs (defusing the bike in the playground) and then mentioned doing this to him. This prompted Atchison chief to agree to cease the hostilities and persuaded him that instead of requiring the golden spike, they should use it to fix the railroad as a sign of good will.

After properly talking to the Topekan chief and telling him Atchisons want to make peace, I mentioned a thing he talked about previously, that one arm, no matter how strong, can't steer a train - he agreed that the tribes need to unite. And that was that.

The problem is I never came across that bomb until after the quest had already begun.  I could defuse the bomb, but there was no one near it.  The daughter had already been kidnapped by the time I came across the bomb on the bike.

So apparently for it to work "right" (ie. the peaceful ending), you basically have to have events unfold EXACTLY one way?  Missing out on having to save the girl from the bike bomb screws the chance to ever have a peaceful ending?

The problem is I never came across that bomb until after the quest had already begun.  I could defuse the bomb, but there was no one near it.  The daughter had already been kidnapped by the time I came across the bomb on the bike.

So apparently for it to work "right" (ie. the peaceful ending), you basically have to have events unfold EXACTLY one way?  Missing out on having to save the girl from the bike bomb screws the chance to ever have a peaceful ending?

You can convince Topekans' chief aka kidnapper to release Jessie. IRCC there was an option along the lines of "you wouldn't hide behind the girl's back, would you?" available, though I don't remember if it was skillchecked. The rest would stay almost the same.

Divinity: Original Sin on PS4.

I'm really liking it, but it's NANOWRIMO so not sure if I'll have more time.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i just wasted both of them and gg

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.