What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

Finished Lonesome Road. Great atmosphere, but I didn't really feel Roger Cross (Ulysses) or Obsidian did a particularly great job with his character.. He was obviously build up to be the real antagonist and antithesis of the Courier along with the question of wether the messenger can be blamed for the message - letting go/moving on and the whole overall dialectic / synthesis vibe of fnv.

But too little screen time and too little exploration of that theme made it ring kinda hollow. And makes Ulysses come across as yet another tick off the list of obstacles to your ambition. It reminded me of Saverok in Throne of Bhaal though; asking if he and the Ward ever truely had a choice or were the product of their offspring and therefore forced to be in oppossition. Could've been done better... Tunnelers were freaky though!

Also a guy muses over the fact, of what would've happened if the Waterchip never broke down in Fallout 1 and how that would change the story of the region.. Good read, if a bit long.

https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutlore/comments/3pr6ku/discussion_if_the_water_chip_hadnt_broken_down/

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Finally beat all the main missions in MGSV. The [EXTREME]Sahelanthropous mission kicked my ass several time before I could beat it. It helps to wear the Ninja Cyborg suit because you can run faster and dodge it's missiles, those are mostly 1 hit kill in the [EXTREME] version of the mission.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

My Sisters of Sigmar were gathering wyrdstone when mercenary archers started shooting down at them from the upper story of a nearby house. They surrounded the building and prepared to bash the archers' heads in when more mercs came rushing down the back street. One of the Sisters intercepted an enemy but got pounced by another. Two versus one, and stupid luck on part of the AI (no misses, no dodges/parries) and she went down fast.

We routed the mercs after taking out their leader, their warlock, two of their halberdiers and stealing their idol, but back at the camp that one sister had to have her left leg amputated.

Now she has a wooden leg.

So...she was an adventurer until she took an arrow to the knee?

:p

It was an axe :p

That meme has really been overdone :)

Mordheim has had roaming daemons added to the random missions. 20% chance of a pink horror, plaguebearer, bloodletter or daemonette to spawn on a given map. Quite the uproar on the steam forum as those daemons are nasty.

Only encountered one myself - a plaguebearer that tore the enemy skaven apart.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Finally finished Act II in PoE, I had been putting off the "hearing" for a while now. Audio of the Dozens guy was pretty buggy (sounded like he was 2 rooms away). My camping supplies also seem to have mysteriously disappeared. Odd, hope that's not a recurring thing though.

Finished Lonesome Road. Great atmosphere, but I didn't really feel Roger Cross (Ulysses) or Obsidian did a particularly great job with his character.. He was obviously build up to be the real antagonist and antithesis of the Courier along with the question of wether the messenger can be blamed for the message - letting go/moving on and the whole overall dialectic / synthesis vibe of fnv.

But too little screen time and too little exploration of that theme made it ring kinda hollow. And makes Ulysses come across as yet another tick off the list of obstacles to your ambition. It reminded me of Saverok in Throne of Bhaal though; asking if he and the Ward ever truely had a choice or were the product of their offspring and therefore forced to be in oppossition. Could've been done better... Tunnelers were freaky though!

Also a guy muses over the fact, of what would've happened if the Waterchip never broke down in Fallout 1 and how that would change the story of the region.. Good read, if a bit long.

https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutlore/comments/3pr6ku/discussion_if_the_water_chip_hadnt_broken_down/

Saw your post, really loved the theory.

I sent a tweet to MCA about it, he answered me:

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/657829061956255744

@ChrisAvellone

"@fontesdosaber I would play this game by point #5."

Imagine a fallout spin off in this setting with MCA as the Lead. Cool.

Edited by RodWarrior
  • Like 1

I think the voiceactor did a great job but I think Ulysses suffers somewhat from an Avellonian syndrome in that he feels... overwritten in many ways. Huge amounts of repetition, weird way of talking and not enough 'oomph' to him keeping in mind how much dialogue he has. I think that was especially true for his New Vegas offerings. I love a lot of Avellone's writing but I personally don't feel his style is a good fit for Fallout (that said, I think Dead Money had some great writing, Elijah is one of the best villains in the Fallout games IMO).

I liked Lonesome Road but it was mostly due to the atmosphere. I also felt the gameplay was a step up from Old World Blues, less bullet-spongey but more deadly combat.

I'm playing Witcher 3 bit by bit. Trying to take my time in order to avoid burnout. Think I've finished the main quest stuff in Skellige, so I think I'll run around and do some sidestuff before proceeding.

Planning on doing another Age of Decadence playthrough soon.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm playing Sword Coast Legends and the trial version of Fatal Frame 5 (you can play the beginning for free, then decide if you want to pay to play the rest).  I'm disappointed, though not surprised (this is Nintendo, after all), about the censorship of the game, especially since this is not a kids' game, this is a game rated M and clearly intended for adults.  It's a very dark game that tackles difficult subject matter.  Hilariously, they replaced the skimpy outfits with Princess Zelda and Zero Suit Samus outfits; the Zero Suit might as well be completely naked with a thin layer of blue paint, so crazy SJWs will still find stuff to complain about in this game, even with the lingerie outfits removed.  Anyway, nothing I can do about it (but complain, which I have) and it's an appropriate game  to play for Halloween.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished the Heart of Stone expansion for the Witcher 3, excellent and successfully brings its subject matter to the computer in a very faithful fashion, there are still flaws in the game but the modding scene is helping iron those out.

Also finished the Age of Decadence on a combat run, the difference from my first playthrough was striking, and combat was dangerous unusually enough.

Some of the better original gaming i've indulged in over the last ten years or so.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Ordered the Nathan Drake collection for the PS4.  Should be arriving by mail sometime this week, possibly Tuesday or Wednesday.  In the meantime, I'll be twiddling my thumbs.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Last week I dusted off my New Vegas box set and ran my fingers over the precious things before installing the game.  I was partially inspired by the wait for Fallout 4 but also because I found a mod (Uncut Wasteland) that perfectly restores all the stuff they patched out to make room for the DLC.  

It's really cool to play the game as it was when I first got it, way more random battles between factions, more NPCs with unique dialogue, the booby trapped soldiers, water jets at Hoover Dam...tons of stuff.  Otherwise the best change I've made is to use a mod which makes getting into The Strip more of a challenge, now I have to spend way more time in the city outskirts before I can get at Benny.  Also I can shoot the **** out of radios and they freaking explode now  :bat:

Lonesome Road was my least favourite DLC as far as story, I didn't like the history it forces upon your character and I also found Ulysses a bit incoherent, can't even remember what his beef was  :unsure:

I loved the environment at least, might go back there soon...

Last week I dusted off my New Vegas box set and ran my fingers over the precious things before installing the game.  I was partially inspired by the wait for Fallout 4 but also because I found a mod (Uncut Wasteland) that perfectly restores all the stuff they patched out to make room for the DLC.  

It's really cool to play the game as it was when I first got it, way more random battles between factions, more NPCs with unique dialogue, the booby trapped soldiers, water jets at Hoover Dam...tons of stuff.  Otherwise the best change I've made is to use a mod which makes getting into The Strip more of a challenge, now I have to spend way more time in the city outskirts before I can get at Benny.  Also I can shoot the **** out of radios and they freaking explode now  bat.gif

Btw. this mod probably wouldn't have been possible if there wouldn't be a physical disk with the original game files on it. I had to extract these once as well, before that uncut mod existed, and it's extremely useful. Without it... all that material would have been lost by patching via Steam.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Lonesome Road was my least favourite DLC as far as story, I didn't like the history it forces upon your character and I also found Ulysses a bit incoherent, can't even remember what his beef was  :unsure:

I loved the environment at least, might go back there soon...

His beef was two fold, against you for bearing destruction on The Divide - a small growing settlement caught in between the conflict brewing in the Mojave - The Courier brings an Enclave package there, unbeknownst to him/her however its an activator for all the nukes in the area - almost all of which blow up, killing most of the residents and almost Ulysses.

He survives with a vengeance, hating the NCR and the Legion both of whom wrapped themselves in legitimacy based on Old World symbols and through that 'ethos' and power they legitimize violence in the extreme. So he starts a personal crusade against that kind of symbols, against the old world and against using it for your own means. He wants to create a new world independent of the failures of the old and punish those who killed "a nation drawing it's first breaths" (ie the Courier, Legion and NCR is responsible for killing The Divide and in the process took away his chance of redemption)

Fortune favors the bald.

Playing some GTA online, rather fun when it's heists with my friends rather than pub scum.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I gave up on Talos Principle. The story kind of tacked on and there's way more puzzles than the mechanics can keep interesting.

So I started up Wasteland 2 on PS4. Really liking it, though it's not grabbing me to binge it. I just finished Ag Center and checked out Highpool. Gila Monitors are simply the worst. It's such a weird difficulty jump. Every raider in Highpool I can rush with my two characters that have a single point in melee and I'll crush them in a single blow. The Gila Monitors instead poison half my group for 11 damage a tick and take focus fire from the entire group to down one per round and a half.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So I started up Wasteland 2 on PS4. Really liking it, though it's not grabbing me to binge it. I just finished Ag Center and checked out Highpool. Gila Monitors are simply the worst. It's such a weird difficulty jump. Every raider in Highpool I can rush with my two characters that have a single point in melee and I'll crush them in a single blow. The Gila Monitors instead poison half my group for 11 damage a tick and take focus fire from the entire group to down one per round and a half.

Gah!  Didn't realize it was out yet for the PS4.  *goes to buy it*

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It'll only get worse GhostofAnakin, especially now since mr. Abrams ... Let's say didn't really help the franchise to proceed in the right direction. I do love how Star Trek Online prefers to continue along the "ruined", old continuity than to adapt the new one. Star Trek Online also seems to be the best shot at getting some cool Star Trek content past few years - not that I would be playing it, far too onliny for my tastes. It's a shame, I like the concepts it presents.