What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

The problem is I never came across that bomb until after the quest had already begun.  I could defuse the bomb, but there was no one near it.  The daughter had already been kidnapped by the time I came across the bomb on the bike.

So apparently for it to work "right" (ie. the peaceful ending), you basically have to have events unfold EXACTLY one way?  Missing out on having to save the girl from the bike bomb screws the chance to ever have a peaceful ending?

You can convince Topekans' chief aka kidnapper to release Jessie. IRCC there was an option along the lines of "you wouldn't hide behind the girl's back, would you?" available, though I don't remember if it was skillchecked. The rest would stay almost the same.

I got that dialogue option, and I passed the requirement.  But even saying that to him, he still doesn't agree to let her go.

I really think the quest is bugged for me because I didn't happen to save her from the bomb at the exact moment the game requires you to in order to keep the proper chain of events for a peaceful ending going.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've been working my ass off and saving games until I get the new Sony soundbase for my tv this week, but I got Wolfenstein and Old Blood, Dishonored ps4 version (playthrough of original release got interrupted when had to move), hearts of stone and Until Dawn lined up... Also need to do a rerun of inquisition at some point now that the bugs are fixed...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've been working my ass off and saving games until I get the new Sony soundbase for my tv this week, but I got Wolfenstein and Old Blood, Dishonored ps4 version (playthrough of original release got interrupted when had to move), hearts of stone and Until Dawn lined up... Also need to do a rerun of inquisition at some point now that the bugs are fixed...

You experienced a lot of bugs with Inquisition?  My main gripe were design-related issues, not technical (ie. boring sidequests).

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The problem is I never came across that bomb until after the quest had already begun.  I could defuse the bomb, but there was no one near it.  The daughter had already been kidnapped by the time I came across the bomb on the bike.

So apparently for it to work "right" (ie. the peaceful ending), you basically have to have events unfold EXACTLY one way?  Missing out on having to save the girl from the bike bomb screws the chance to ever have a peaceful ending?

You can convince Topekans' chief aka kidnapper to release Jessie. IRCC there was an option along the lines of "you wouldn't hide behind the girl's back, would you?" available, though I don't remember if it was skillchecked. The rest would stay almost the same.

I got that dialogue option, and I passed the requirement.  But even saying that to him, he still doesn't agree to let her go.

I really think the quest is bugged for me because I didn't happen to save her from the bomb at the exact moment the game requires you to in order to keep the proper chain of events for a peaceful ending going.

you actually have to use the kiss ass and then you get a smart ass option and then you can convince him

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

You experienced a lot of bugs with Inquisition? My main gripe were design-related issues, not technical (ie. boring sidequests).
The worst problems with DAI are by design (boring characters, pointless side quests, poor dialog, and the final explanation is a part of a DLC) but it was also buggy. Edited by the_dog_days

you actually have to use the kiss ass and then you get a smart ass option and then you can convince him

I'm pretty sure I passed both "special dialogue" requirements and still didn't get the optimal outcome.  Oh well, I'm skipping that quest for now since I'm past the point where a lot of "triggers" seem to occur to get the peaceful solution.  Maybe if I play it a second time I'll do things step by step to make sure it works.

I'm not sure I'll ever get the criticism of Inquisition's characters. They were the highlight of the game for me. Though I'll give you that the central villain is pretty bad.

If you like them, more power to you. As for me, each character fell into one of two categories, boring and annoying. Which was painful because the highlights of DAO for me were the characters.

I'm not sure I'll ever get the criticism of Inquisition's characters. They were the highlight of the game for me. Though I'll give you that the central villain is pretty bad.

Some were good, but a few of the party members were either under developed (Vivienne) or just plain silly (Sera).  I also wasn't that big a fan of Iron Bull.  Instead of having a Qunari in your party, it felt like you had a Ferelden acting like a Qunari.  It would be like instead of having Mr. Spock aboard, you had a guy with Vulcan ears but who basically acted like a human.

• Like 1

Saints Row 4: Re-elected.

While the opening was amazing, I am sort of disappointed that volition simply used the same city from Saints Row 3 for this game. And why is it so damn dark all the time. I really hope Saints Row 5 goes back to its roots a bit.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

While the opening was amazing, I am sort of disappointed that volition simply used the same city from Saints Row 3 for this game. And why is it so damn dark all the time. I really hope Saints Row 5 goes back to its roots a bit.

Saint's Row 5 is already out, and it takes place in Hell.

Came across a better melee fighter in Wasteland 2, but my party is full at the moment.  I would dismiss my current melee fighter, but he seems to just stand on that map where I dismiss him instead of going back to his actual home village.  I don't want to leave him in the middle of nowhere.

Also, traveling through the wasteland with all these radiation hotspots is getting a bit tedious when I'm trying to explore areas I haven't been to yet.

Gat Out of Hell is more like a Standalone expansion. The code was included when I bought Saints Row 4: Re-elected. 

Saints Row 4 already is no more than a standalone expansion to 3. It started as an expansion and then it became big enough to release as a game on its own. (hence why the city is reused)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

You should have a Dominatrix DLC in the Re-elected edition? That actually does explain the original plan for the expansion which then turned into SR4

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The ending of that DLC was so, so awesome.

Maybe the best video game ending ever, no hyperbole.  I had a goofy smile plastered on my face the entire time so wide that it hurt.  Video game endings are so often a letdown, that was the polar opposite of a letdown.  That was the massage parlor happy ending of video game endings.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm slowly but surely working towards the end of Shadowrun Dragonfall, DC. I've been *greatly* impressed with the game, although I haven't been able to binge play it as would normally be my wont. Anyhow, I did my first game on hard and that's been a reasonable experience with the single exception of one mission where I forgot to upgrade my spells and that was quite frustrating. Otherwise, the gameplay seems fairly straightforward and not unreasonably tough. I don't think I'll bother doing very hard, but if I do another run it will be with a deck as I haven't as yet used one. I always play a mage, but I think a decker would be interesting. With my excess points, I've got into summoning, but I think I should have done mage/adept. When I do Hong Kong, that's what I'll do.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Still Wasteland 2.  I think I went a little gun crazy on this last quest.  But most of it wasn't my fault.  One time I just broke some pigs out of a pen, then the next thing I know everyone on the map is shooting at me.

Did one of the story missions.

The Purple Toe raided a ruined caslte, the hideout of one of the stronegr mercenary bands of Mordheim. The aim was to retrieve an artefact - the Griffonbrand, a holy sword - and corrupt it at the desecrated altar of Khorne, conveniantly locked in the castle as well.

Searching the castle was slow going. What made it worse were the roaming Bloodletters of Khorne.

Fluffy, my Chaos Spawn fought one of them, only surviving thanks to serious buffing and debuffing.

I had hoped to evade the other Bloodletter, but he ignored the tanky targets, rushed up the stairs and went for the weakest of my warband: the Darksoul Calyben. Calyben stood no chance but held out longer than expected. After he was cut down, the rest of the warband managed to physically beat the daemon back into the warp.

Back at the camp Calyben ended up with Internal Wounds, leaving him so weakened he would no longer be able to charge. (a penalty to offense points)

Fluffy mutated further, a horned second face emerging from his neck (Wyrdstone horns - a mostly useless mutation for chaos spawn, giving resistance to warstone poisoning when the spawn can't loot wyrdstone)

Marcian, my new Possessed grew a Crown of Bones, while Radburn, who had already sprouted similar horns, had his chest open up to reveal a large, third eye, similar to the one Venerari has.

Calyben was given some basic treatment for his wounds, a pat on the back and shown the door, replaced by a new Darksoul: Ovis.

Fallout 3. Fallout 4 is right around the corner.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I guess after Fallout 4, the next thing for that series is Telltale doing a deal with Bethesda to do something episodic with anoying QTEs? Still better than Fallout - The Prequel. How come nobody in marketing has decide yet that terrible idea would be a good idea?

I finally got that damn Topekan/Atchison quest to end peacefully!

But now I'm stuck.  I have to get to an area I can't reach without going through enemies that are too strong for me, but there doesn't seem to be any other quests available to me in order to gain levels for my party.