What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

Wasteland 2 still.

My shotgun wielding Ranger sucks.  The range on his weapon sucks, and he seems to miss unless he's on the "square" right next to his target.  I should have made him competent with submachine guns instead.

Good thing he's useful at lockpicking and safe cracking, though.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Oh yeah, my last conversation about W2 went along the lines of:

"So, I've got a utility character with points in shotguns."

"Oh yes, I've also made a utility character who's completely useless in combat."

It's a shame tho, I really love how shotgun mechanics actually function in W2.

Edited by Fenixp

Oh yeah, my last conversation about W2 went along the lines of:

"So, I've got a utility character with points in shotguns."

"Oh yes, I've also made a utility character who's completely useless in combat."

It's a shame tho, I really love how shotgun mechanics actually function in W2.

Really? I dislike the misconception that shotguns are only effective at a range where you can see the whites of your target's eyes. Particularly because I've somewhat aware of shotgun range and how the bullet comes into play.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If I wanted realism I would avoid Wasteland 2 like a plague :-P At any rate, I don't love them for range, the way shotguns work in Wasteland 2 is that the game draws a cone from your character to the limit of your weapon's range and you get a chance to hit at everything within this cone (including allies) - positioning becomes very important and I generally found a situation in which I could set up a shot which would murder a bunch of characters at once incredibly satisfying. It's not realistic at all and it doesn't even make much sense if you do think of shotguns as of some sort of directed shrapnel grenades, but it's a fun mechanic.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

If I wanted realism I would avoid Wasteland 2 like a plague :-P At any rate, I don't love them for range, the way shotguns work in Wasteland 2 is that the game draws a cone from your character to the limit of your weapon's range and you get a chance to hit at everything within this cone (including allies) - positioning becomes very important and I generally found a situation in which I could set up a shot which would murder a bunch of characters at once incredibly satisfying. It's not realistic at all and it doesn't even make much sense if you do think of shotguns as of some sort of directed shrapnel grenades, but it's a fun mechanic.

I can respect that but in my terms I found them useless because the damage they didn't didn't warrant hurting companions. So it was a very stituational weapon and I preferred assault rifles for all of my characters. They had range, accuracy, damage and versatility, I didn't have to had the stars align so that I could get a decent to hit percent.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I can respect that but in my terms I found them useless because the damage they didn't didn't warrant hurting companions. So it was a very stituational weapon and I preferred assault rifles for all of my characters. They had range, accuracy, damage and versatility, I didn't have to had the stars align so that I could get a decent to hit percent.

This is my issue with the shotguns in WL2.  The reward (damage they do) didn't offset the risk (limited range).  When you factored in range and amount of shots you could take per turn, my Rangers with assault rifles were much more effective in combat than my shotgun wielder.  And he didn't make up for it by being some kind of insta-kill beast when he did hit something -- he didn't do a whole lot more damage than my other non shotgun characters did.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played some Broken Age yesterday. It has been fun so far. I spent most of my time on the space ship though, gotta check out the other character today.

I am still playing Pillars of Eternity too. Just met the giants. I was scared to confront them at first, this game is already hard as it is.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I can respect that but in my terms I found them useless because the damage they didn't didn't warrant hurting companions.

No argument there, the point of my entire previous post was that they're useless, which is a shame, because I love how they operate. Those weapons would need some serious rebalancing to work.

More Wasteland 2 goodness.  Robots are tearing my party apart.  Doesn't help that certain NPCs in my party keep going rogue and running right into the middle of a killing zone.

they fixed some stuff with the last patch for the W2DC but the memory leak remains... they say it will be fixed later

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

they fixed some stuff with the last patch for the W2DC but the memory leak remains... they say it will be fixed later

Yeah, I saw it was updated, but I haven't tried playing it since the update because I'm still busy with Sword Coast Legends.  Once I finish the SCL campaign, I'm going to see if I can play some co-op, either as player or DM.  I'll give it at least 1 more patch before I check Wasteland 2 out again.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My sisters of Sigmar encountered another sisters warband in the ruins. We were just there to gather wyrdstone, but before you know it, both warbands were stuck in two melees.  We had the slight advantage that the enemy purifier had been the first to charge overextending herself, leaving herself exposed and surrounded by my sisters before her reinforcements could catch up. On the other side, Sister Superior Galianna, while having enough presence of mind to join the fight, recieved some nasty blows and would have probably fallen if my Maiden hadn't arrived just in time. Of course the other warband had one of those as well, and she was just about to trounce my novices and sisters in the other melee, supported by the opposing matriarch who was strengthening that flank with the powers of her prayers.

But Sigmar blesses the righteous, and those were my girls. He answered the other matriarch's prayer by smiting her with His divine wrath. White light bathed the alley and the matriarch slumped to the ground. That decided the battle. It allowed my two most wounded sisters to fall back to safety while those in better shape mopped up the remaining enemies.

Glad that smite didn't hit my matriarch. But I have been on the recieving end of those before. Magic is very high risk and should be enjoyed with care (and trepidation).

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah, Honest Hearts seems incredibly appealing on the surface, a brand new landmass... Tiny landmass largely in the style of the main game with some unique aspects, yes! But then you find out just how incredibly forgettable it ends up being.

Wow, wow, wait. Tiny landmass largely in the style of the main game? This is so far away from the truth, it actually hurts. Honest Hearts features a complete new graphic set, and IMO in many places it looks a lot better than the nature in the Mojave. For me it is always a huge difference when I spend a long time in Zion and then go back to the Mojave. Also I find it hard to believe anyone else would see the obvious difference... different.

You can critizise the DLC in quite a few points, but IMO the landscape is not belonging into the list.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, I saw it was updated, but I haven't tried playing it since the update because I'm still busy with Sword Coast Legends.  Once I finish the SCL campaign, I'm going to see if I can play some co-op, either as player or DM.  I'll give it at least 1 more patch before I check Wasteland 2 out again.

i too am waiting for a fix to the memory leak before getting back to it

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Ended up going into the expansion content for Witcher 3 when doing the main quest playthrough, turned out to be a mistake. Really don't think the expansion stuff fits in with the rest of the game, at least not at the level when you can access it. Probably better to play it as a stand-alone thing.

Screwed up the pace completely and I ended up losing interest completely in everything about the game, lol. Too bad since I think I was closing in on the end. Ah well.

Started up Pathologic HD. Awesome to play this again, love this strange game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Ended up going into the expansion content for Witcher 3 when doing the main quest playthrough, turned out to be a mistake. Really don't think the expansion stuff fits in with the rest of the game, at least not at the level when you can access it. Probably better to play it as a stand-alone thing.

Screwed up the pace completely and I ended up losing interest completely in everything about the game, lol. Too bad since I think I was closing in on the end. Ah well.

Started up Pathologic HD. Awesome to play this again, love this strange game.

The expansion has a higher level requirement than just any quest in the main story. The devs assume the players have already cleared game first. The expansion stands best, story wise, early or post-game.

***MINOR SPOILER***

It disrupts the flow only if you do it after you've found Ciri but before you've finished the game.

Wow, wow, wait. Tiny landmass largely in the style of the main game? This is so far away from the truth, it actually hurts. Honest Hearts features a complete new graphic set, and IMO in many places it looks a lot better than the nature in the Mojave.

In the style of the main game as in an open world with a ton of stuff to do, as opposed to the other DLC which was, IIRC, quite different in how they played / in their tone. Sure, Honest Hearts also had a different tone, but it was not such a far cry. Edited by Fenixp

I've been working my ass off and saving games until I get the new Sony soundbase for my tv this week, but I got Wolfenstein and Old Blood, Dishonored ps4 version (playthrough of original release got interrupted when had to move), hearts of stone and Until Dawn lined up... Also need to do a rerun of inquisition at some point now that the bugs are fixed...

You experienced a lot of bugs with Inquisition? My main gripe were design-related issues, not technical (ie. boring sidequests).

Eh, there was one companion quest that didn't trigger for me and some other more minor stuff. Not da2 level bugs, but enough to call for a replay.

Unlikely I'll give it more replays in the near future, I played (even) da2 like 6-7 times, but both me3 and dai will look like 2 playthroughs for the foreseeable future.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I played (even) da2 like 6-7 times

Damn, that's some next-level masochism.

Shocked-CM-Punk.gif

Then again, I've played through NWN 1 OC 4 or 5 times, so maybe I shouldn't talk.  :lol:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The game flows nicely and the story is rather good if you're into those kinds of stories, not to mention that choice and consequence writing is really good in that game as well. Combat is terrible and dungeons might as well not be there, but it's definitely a good Telltale adventure game! *ehm*
  • Like 1

The game flows nicely and the story is rather good if you're into those kinds of stories, not to mention that choice and consequence writing is really good in that game as well. Combat is terrible and dungeons might as well not be there, but it's definitely a good Telltale adventure game! *ehm*

You and I have wildly differing opinions on what is a good story.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

You and I have wildly differing opinions on what is a good story.

It's not like story of Origins was particularly good either, I consider a "Provide for your family" to be a fair bit more interesting theme in a videogame than "We're under attack by evil, unite elite forces and push evil back!" Dragon Age: Awakening was probably the best in story compartment, but it ended a bit too abruptly.
  • Like 1

I never said anything about Origins, I never compared the two (not in my previous post, anyway).  If you subtract Orzammar, which was legitimately interesting, from Origins, the story was quite mediocre, in my opinion.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸