What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

So in VATS you can execute critical on demand, but it seems random criticals still happen too? At least that's my impression.

The "critical on demand" doesn't always kill the enemies. It's not a win button since there are so many legendary enemies that are overpowered, and sometimes they suddenly pop out of nowhere. Yes you can score criticals outside of VATS but it doesn't help much against tougher enemies. Enemy A.I. is simply awful. They only do one thing: run after you and hit you as soon as they get the chance. Fights usually get very chaotic and you are left there wondering which weapons to choose while ghouls are hitting you from all sides.  But it doesn't just end there, pretty much EVERY enemy you encounter follows the same routine. Shooting mechanics have gotten better since Fallout 3 but it doesn't help that your enemies use little to no tactics when facing you. In conclusion: fights are boring. This game  feels more like a hiking simulator.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The opening battle on Aiur was fun, nice touch watching Phoenixes and Mutas "dogfighting" as background

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The opening battle on Aiur was fun, nice touch watching Phoenixes and Mutas "dogfighting" as background

That was cool, but the writing is still aimed at a lower age group (like WoL and HotS). Every enemy you face is "mind-controlled" or "corrupted" or a fanatic trying to destroy the universe. It's like a Saturday morning cartoon. Remember when people in the Starcraft universe were rational and had free will?

Though despite how I complain, I'm very happy at the moment. We have Starcraft 2 LotV, Fallout 4 and I'm also busy doing a Trial of Iron run in PoE. So much entertainment, so little time. Wish I didn't have to go to work this week!

Edited by Heijoushin

Since I don't have to get up before dawn tomorrow, so I'm staying up playing what I figure must be the last bit of Dragonfall: Director's Cut. I'm in the basement where I had my first countdown fight. I still think I could have killed my first boss if I'd had the balls to try, but we'll neve know. Now I'll probably face a more powerful version. We'll see, but great game nonetheless.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I love the unique enemies! I found a unique molerat and was caught completely off guard. It turned an annoyance into a real fight as a molerat usually takes one hit to dispose of and this molerat ate almost all my 10mm reserves.

I also got a sweet named weapon from his battered corpse.

A great addition, but I'm sure the usual choir of negativity will sound off about this. "Fallout is dead!!", "Fallout in name only!!", "Fallout should not have changed a single thing from when I was a child because I'm too stupid to realize both me and the world has changed since then but I blame everything on Bethesda because reasons!!".

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I like how butthurt you are.

Btw. Unique weapons had been in New Vegas too and nobody complained.

Oh, or maybe people complain about it in Fo4 because you get stuff like a shotgun with unlimited ammo.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Hey, Lexx, could you please explain to us how bad Fallout 4 is again? I didn't quite catch it in your first 200 whiny-ass posts. If you could add how much you're not gonna play it, that would be great!

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Anyone far enough along to get a sense of the level scaling? How bad does it seem to be?

I thought Fallout 3's scaling made the game a virtually unplayable chore at high levels. A problem shared with Oblivion and only reduced with Skyrim.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hell of a generator that can power a laser while being hand-cranked. "Awesome" I suppose.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

shotgun with unlimited ammo.

wat

I'm assuming he means the the laser musket, which you need to crank as you shoot.  It's fun, but hardly overpowered.  Pretty creative actually.

Nope.

gYng6M.jpg

In defense, it says "unlimited ammo 'capacity'", but that's not much better, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The general vibe I get from the Steam reviews is that it's an average game and plain worse than F:NV in most aspects. A bummer but not unexpected I guess.

That said, I was playing Skyrim again and it seems like my savegames went fubar after the Morthal questline again (that questchain is just broken and was never properly fixed, probably it's beyond fixing, and by "broken" I mean that every load is a roulette game with as a reward very regular CTDs, I had 0 problems before touching this questchain...). And to say that some masochists play Bethesda games on consoles where they don't even have access to the unofficial patches, makes me wonder if they actually succeed in finishing the games... (I guess they usually give up due to the lag etc)

Also, my werewolf/vampire lord transformations are broken, it takes minutes (I should time it but I think it's around 5minutes) before the transformation actually happens. Great stuff. For most people this is related to messing with mods that mess with scripts, alas my mods are, barring a few exceptions, mostly cosmetic.

With a big assed sand box game like Skyrim or newer Fallouts, the journey is the fun for a lot of folks and finishing isn't as important.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I haven't played the game yet so I'm not gonna judge how good or not it is but I guess the worst thing is really that Bethesda ignored a lot of improvements that New Vegas brought to the table, especially in that it brought back that good stuff with factions and settlements and how they interact with each other. The fact that there was like one or two characters in the game that couldn't be killed. More skill checks, many ways to solve things. Hardcore mode.

But nope, apparently that stuff just isn't important enough. 

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The storyline just doesn't work for an open-world game. Bethesda again completely fails to instill a sense of urgency, even worse than Failout 3 since it's even more family oriented.

My son got kidnapped? lol just let me waste some months building settlements first and then I'll look for him.

Even Two Worlds 1/2 handled this kind of storyline much better.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I guess the problem for me is that I'm not a big fan of open world or first person games. I know some or probably even most people are and that's great but for me it's tough to balance my love for Fallout against my dislike of open world FPP. You won't see me bashing the game or downvoting it or anything because the game is no longer what I want it to be and so for now I try to enjoy it for what it is and when that has run its course then I'll just move on

In other news I'm still playing SWTOR but am itching to get back into Age of Decadence and the latest Madden and NBA2K games

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Personally I ended up loading a New Vegas save I had around. Playing Dead Money at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. Think Father Elijah is one of the most underrated antagonists there is, well written and extremely well voiced. Great character. The rest of the cast is great too.

I appreciate what they were going for with the gameplay but the jankiness of the engine kinda works against it at times. Also not a fan of the radio idea though I like the other "hardcore" features like the cloud and what have you.

Before returning to New Vegas I played Pathologic HD, and it's a fantastic, weird, unique game. The new translation makes things much more enjoyable though I still find it to be a bit "over-written" so to speak.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0