Republican Presidential Debate

BruceVC

His father didn't even have the support to pull off winning the primary! :p

But he would have won President of the Internet.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

If Paul is against Hillary he'll have my vote then.

I thought Paul was still keeping his mouth shut about the whole thing?Anyways, mildly amusing:

tumblr_nusvxcI7cN1sy0jjoo2_500.pngtumblr_nusvxcI7cN1sy0jjoo1_500.pngtumblr_nusvxcI7cN1sy0jjoo3_500.png

On the TPP yes but he is against the USA Freedom Act, on paper at least.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/15/west-ignored-russian-offer-in-2012-to-have-syrias-assad-step-aside

Ahtisaari held talks with envoys from the five permanent members of the UN security council in February 2012. He said that during those discussions, the Russian ambassador, Vitaly Churkin, laid out a three-point plan, which included a proposal for Assad to cede power at some point after peace talks had started between the regime and the opposition.

The west ****ed themselves royally with this and Russia will not play ball anymore when it comes to Syria. I haven't seen the debate, but anyone willing to go mushroom-cloud-mother****er on ISIS (and delivers) have my support. They signed out their right to existence a long time ago.

Nah, I don't buy the point  that the " reasonable  Russians really tried to ensure peace in Syria and were ignored by the intransigent West " 

Lets go back to the beginning of the Syrian conflict ..the Russians and Chinese vetoed military action. As I have said numerous times this lack of military action has lead to the Syrian civil war being protracted for years. Thats on Russia and China

Also you do realize the Russians have become much more active in Syria militarily in the last month or two. So they are sending military resources to help Assad against ISIS

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/09/14/analysis-russia-takes-gamble-in-syria-ramping-up-military-involvement-in-civil/

They have also asked the West to assist them in a military coalition basically aiding Assad as he is the " lesser of two evils" compared to ISIS

The Russians don't want to commit to Syria by themselves as they have serious economic pressures on them but I can't see the West suddenly helping Assad....even though he is the lesser of the two evils

I never claimed the Russians were interested in peace for peace sake. Read my post again. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not really. They can't walk around topless,

Says you. I say they are free to do so. The problem is the ones who are willing are not the ones we want to see.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Chris Christie was pretty good.  Although he is clearly a more moderate, which means he has a great chance of winning the general election but no chance in hell of winning the primary.  Huh.

How did the last two moderates do? Besides, even if he won; he'd be a terrible president. America needs real change; not the same old same old.

Vote Bernie, only he is willing to stand against the TPP and the FREEDOM ACT(PATRIOT ACT 2 for those unaware).

And Rand Paul. He is opposed to both as well.

Rand is against TPP now? Last time I checked he was neutral. I hope that's true though.

As for Bernie, Kainparker: I probably will if Rand isn't the GOP candidate. So basically I'm you in reverse. I'd prefer Paul (if what guard dog says is true), but Sander's isn't out of the question by any means.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

\"They can't walk around topless,"

Yes, they can. It is very much legal.

"their reproductive rights are a matter of state debate"

Yeah, because men don't get a voice on theirs. It is even legal to mutilate male genitals in the west.

"and they involuntarily bleed once a month."

Men have to deal with physical bilogical stfuf they have no control over.

But, hey, next time a man is laughed at when he is raped as he is told men can't be raped at all we'll be reminded how much tougher women have it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Not really. They can't walk around topless, their reproductive rights are a matter of state debate and they involuntarily bleed once a month.

It may be because I am an immeasurably huge prude, but I'd rather see it be made illegal (or socially unacceptable, depending on the legality of your locale) for men to do the same than for women to get the right. If we're striving for equality, let's make not seeing people's disgustingly unclad bodies equal for both genders, I say. ;)

...but hardly anybody seems to want that, so little chance of it happening, it seems. :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Over the summer, I started jogging without a shirt on to get a bit of color, since I'm blindingly white.  It was a bit embarrassing though, so I found myself running at a faster pace, as if I could outrun the shame.

I may have told this story already.  :p

• Like 1

It's not legal for women to be topless everywhere in the US, maybe it is in Canada.

It is in Ontario, though not many people do it - was a case of some, ahem, 'activists' doing it and allegedly getting hassled by a cop, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Conservatives in US seems also be highly impacted by current wave of "Political Correctness" in US

"It was just of hand joke" gives Emily Blunt as her defense as she forced to apologize her joke about GOP debate and US citizenship. 

:dancing:

Again another wimp. She should've told each and every of those whiners to piss off.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Does seem to be a conservative thing in the US, liberals in the US always seem to engage in self-loathing (half time is to suck up to Euros online, I'd wager). Bit of a silly to joke to make, not as if her native land has cranks any better.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Marines fire back at Carson's readiness comment in GOP debate

Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson dropped a bomb last night that drew immediate fire from the Marine Corps community.

During the second prime-time GOP debate Wednesday night, the retired neurosurgeon attempted to address the uphill charge a gutted military faces in taking on a wide range of national security threats, including terrorism.

Many of the national security threats the U.S. faces have been created "because we are weak," he said at the CNN-hosted event at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California.

"It's because our Navy is so small, it's because our Air Force is incapable of doing the same things that it did a few years ago, it's because our Marine Corps is not ready to be deployed," Carson said.

Marines took to social media to respond, and their reaction was swift.
Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well, they are too weak to single handedly subjugate North Korea, Iran and Syria at the same time - perhaps that's what he meant.

Well, they are too weak to single handedly subjugate North Korea, Iran and Syria at the same time - perhaps that's what he meant.

I doubt that it's based on any serious calculation.  There is a willingness among likely GOP primary voters to believe that the current administration has greatly weakened the US's military capabilities.  The play for a candidate like Carson is to stoke that concern so that he can offer his leadership/policies as a solution. 

Edited by Enoch

I doubt that it's based on any serious calculation.  There is a willingness among likely GOP primary voters to believe that the current administration has greatly weakened the US's military capabilities.  The play for a candidate like Carson is to stoke that concern so that he can offer his leadership/policies as a solution.

Yep, have seen that in a couple elections, was trying for a joke. Bit daft to point it out that way rather than emphasizing it in a positive way, in that they can be stronger than they are rather than they are weak, not ready or small. Is very funny, anyway to hear such concerns about the US military.

• Like 1

Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson dropped a bomb last night that drew immediate fire from the Marine Corps community.

During the second prime-time GOP debate Wednesday night, the retired neurosurgeon attempted to address the uphill charge a gutted military faces in taking on a wide range of national security threats, including terrorism.

Many of the national security threats the U.S. faces have been created "because we are weak," he said at the CNN-hosted event at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California.

"It's because our Navy is so small, it's because our Air Force is incapable of doing the same things that it did a few years ago, it's because our Marine Corps is not ready to be deployed," Carson said.

Yes anyone who  thinks the USA military is weak or ineffective  is either uninformed or  is just making comments in the interests of political expediency, I have always found this type of political rhetoric irresponsible because I can guarantee you there are people in the USA who genuinely think the USA military is " weak " 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We have the most powerful military in the world... By a lot. By what friggin' metric are we "weak" (besides resolve).

BTW: Our biggest military vulnerability is our over-spending. If he wants us to be stronger; he'd advocate for LESS not more military spending.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Resolve is important. It is why the US has 'lost' its share of wars despite usually inflicting way more casualties on the enemy than they suffer. See Vietnam. Or heck any of the more recent wars.If anything, the US Army is handicapped by the very people they are 'protecting'. The US suffers one casualty - even if the enemy suffers 1000 - the call for retreat is made. WTF Don't people know what happens in war?

\

So, yes, ultimately, the US Army is 'weak'. Weak willed. Because their bosses are weak.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.