Music. Must. Go on!

Blarghagh

Ironic that 28 years ago Metallica created a song that perfectly encapsulated today's authoritarian far left thought control movement:

Do you see what I see?

Truth is an offense

You're silenced for your confidence

Do you hear what I hear?

Doors are slamming shut

Limit your imagination

Keep you where they must

Do you feel what I feel?

Bittering distress

Who decides what you express?

Do you take what I take?

Endurance is the word

Moving back instead of forward seems to me absurd

Doesn’t matter what you see
Or into it what you read
You can do it your own way
If it’s done just how I say

Independence limited

Freedom of choice

Is made for you my friend

Freedom of speech

Is words that they will bend

Freedom with their exception

Do yourself a favor and listen to the whole album.  It's phenomenal.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guys this song rocks ...not sure if this genre is popular on this forum?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys this is probably old news to most of you but if you havent this song you must ....its a version of the original song   "Sound of Silence " ...and its better than the original but you must listen to it very loud  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This is a gem of a song that has little presence on the internet. Above is Phish's Utica cover of The Might Diamonds 'Have Mercy', and the best stand alone I know of on youtube.

The best version I know of this is the Oswego show (a very memorable and phenomenal show just before 'Woodstock '99' which I was lucky enough to attend) where the Tweezer > Have Mercy is divine. There's no stand lone of that on youtube that I'm aware of however, only the whole shows. [day 1 and day 2 if you're interested; the audio quality isn't the greatest without some tinkering (I've tinkered on my home system) but it's still a great listen. One of these days hopefully a soundboard track will pop up somewhere].

Edited by Valsuelm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjOkQZYmzA

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.