What are you playing now?

I've actually been playing a free-to-play game lately. Well, play might actually be a bit of a stretch..

Clicker Heroes!

It's a game about.. uh.. clicking rapidly on evil potatoes and stuff. You gain money by defeating them and can buy bigger heroes that click harder.. and meet evil potato senior that you defeat for even more money.. and so on for all eternity. There are some other small quirks like, the heroes have skills you can buy, you have 3-4 slots for equipment, you can be reborn with greater powers and you can randomly gild your heroes (they do 50% more damage when gilded), you meet bosses every 10 levels with big bosses every 100 levels, etc. But it's not exactly a deep game.

You honestly do nothing except click on enemies. And it's still pretty fun. It handles itself if you leave it running, so I have it on my laptop. When I get home from work, the bank account is usually full so I can buy new heroes and advance a few levels. I'm up to level 450 or something, which actually requires a bit of thinking to reach.

When I get home today I hope I'll be able to afford Atlas (next hero in my list)..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finished Arkham Origins. It was actually pretty decent. But I've started Asylum back up and remember why it was so incredible.

The atmosphere is great. From the walk with Joker at the beginning to seeing how things get incrementally worse as the game goes on. Like the guards you see on the grounds or by the ambulance at first, then when you come back, the ambulance is moved and the guards are hanging from the ceiling.

And as you finish each part of the game, more and more thugs fill the grounds.

Knight has a few good touches, though, I'll give it that. After a certain event the streets are littered with bodies and there's fewer thugs. The few remaining comment on it. And the whole atmosphere changes with little graphical effects.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished my second time through for Resident Evil Revelations 2.  This time I got the "good" ending.

I still have the side mission with Natalia to do.  Not sure I'm going to, though.  I'm not a big fan of stealth in RE.  I think it's going to be more frustration than fun for me.  There's also the various game modes, like timed or invisibility mode.  Again, I'm not sure I'll play either.  I don't like having a timer ticking down because it makes me feel like I can't explore and find all the hidden stuff.

If I don't play those modes, I'm going to have to figure out what game to move on to.  Maybe pick up Batman Arkham Knight.  I'd rather keep that for August though, so I'll have something to play to tide me over until the new games start trickling out in September and beyond.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Dragon Age Inquisition. Got a couple of DLCs and a mod to try out.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The free ones. Item and store DLCs.

Well look at that, a stupid patch forcing its way into my game. Better not screw up my game with the mod I added yesterday.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

That time you try something you thought you hated extensively until you realize you only hated it because you never tried it. Probably sushi, dark ale, and first-person sci-fi shooters are the top three former prejudices.   

2014 complete remaster of the 2004 game, switching fidelity on-demand in-game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AhkyhcrDTQ&list=PLIjOk3JOHWxUVoUqg_aLAOrmCmv9b0S1t

All Stop. On Screen.

The free ones. Item and store DLCs.

Well look at that, a stupid patch forcing its way into my game. Better not screw up my game with the mod I added yesterday.

Stupid game. Killed my mod. Can't install it since the mod manager has to be made with the current patch.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

That time you try something you thought you hated extensively until you realize you only hated it because you never tried it. Probably sushi, dark ale, and first-person sci-fi shooters are the top three former prejudices.   

2014 complete remaster of the 2004 game, switching fidelity on-demand in-game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AhkyhcrDTQ&list=PLIjOk3JOHWxUVoUqg_aLAOrmCmv9b0S1t

Will this come to PC?

Started fooling around a bit in Satellite Reign. It is shaping up to quite the awesome game. Tried to be all clever and stealthy. Infiltrate the surveilance compound for the district and mes with the face rec software to make cameras less effective. Snuck past two cameras and one guard. Dashed towards the stairs and last minute noticed a guard walking up those very stairs I was aiming for. Hid in a corner. Guard walked past. I dashed down the stairs. Spotted a second guard comming my way. Tried to hide behind some boxes as the door to the generator room was too hard to hack. Was spotted. Guard opened fire. I returned fire. Guard dies. Other guards hear the noise and come arruning. More guards die but raise the alarm. More guards come arruning. My agents all die.

Clone new agents. Upgrade agents. Try again.

Manage to open the generator room door and hide in there while a new patrol (now two guards at once) walk past. Get almost to the main building. Get spotted by a surveilance drone...

Dash into the nearest building and get stuck on a walkway overlooking the compound with five guards covering the building door. Try to shoot my way out. Fail.

Clone new agents. Try again

Hack the door controls for the back door into the compound. Leisurely stroll down almost next to my target. Sneak past a camera. Walk up to the main building's door. Forget to set two agents to hack the two terminals at the same time. Try that again. Lone guard spots us. Gun down lone guard. Second guard comes to check out the noise. Soldier keeps guard pinned down while Hacker and Support open the building gates. Infiltrator dashes inside and completes the mission. More guards come arruning. Soldier draws fire. Support deploys some healing nanos. More guards come running. Decide to just make a run for it. Dash up the stairs and out the back door. Holster weapons and try to meld into the crowd. Surveilance drone simply hovers over compound wall and starts firing. More drones zoom in from all directions. All agents gunned down...

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Forgot to mention:

Next time I'll do better. I abducted several homeless people and random passers by and used them to download my agent personalities into fresh bodies. You see, clones degrade after too much cloning. You need new, fresh DNA to work with ever so often to keep your agents in top shape.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Been playing some Armored Warfare, got a key off of Angry Joes website.

Never really played a game like this before, and so far I kinda suck at it. But, the game is quite fun and it certainly feels a lot better than what one would expect from "a tank game from the RPG developer Obsidian". I'm not sure at all how F2P works out regarding money-making and such but I think this game will be played by a lot more players than people expected when it first got announced.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Sacred 2 has better humour and writing than Divinity: Original Sin. Generally way more fun to play as well.

Not sure if I should feel disappointed about this.

I liked Sacred 2 and it´s on my list of games i want to replay in the near future. But i remember hating the controls and the game suffering from performance problems. :/ I wonder how the first Sacred aged, probably trying it out today.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

I don't know which game I want to replay right now.  I'm putting off another run through of The Witcher 3 until the expansion is out in October, so that narrows it down to either another run through of the Mass Effect trilogy, another play through of Skyrim, or another play through of one of Obsidian's games I haven't played in a while (DS3, FONV).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe I'll pick up Wasteland 2 then.

In the meantime, I decided to play the single player campaign for the newest Call of Duty.  So far, it's pretty decent.  I'm not a big first person shooter fan, so I'm playing on the wussy difficulty.  I'm still having trouble aiming with precision.  I'm the worst spray-n-pray gamer ever.

On the bright side, Kevin Spacey is my boss.

I've been playing smash 4 with the new dlc characters, but despite my efforts I cannot master Ryu. It's been pissing me off. I want to be good with him, but I'm just not. He's not a bad character either. I just... I dunno, always screw up his combos or something. It's pretty frustrating. Gonna give up soon.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Finished Revelations 2, got the "good" ending. Might go through again to get the other one. Also did some raid mode stuff, but that seems to just be run-and-gun so, meh (though that time I ran out of ammo was kinda fun).

Went back to an ancient Skyrim playthrough, still have 2 achievements I'm missing (one of which due to a bug...), going to try to get those. The first minigame was upgrading the gazillion mods though ;)

Just beat The Wolf Among Us. Enjoyed it a lot. Makes me wish HBO or something would do a Fables tv series.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just beat The Wolf Among Us. Enjoyed it a lot. Makes me wish HBO or something would do a Fables tv series.

ABC has the rights and killed the show before it was aired to put out Once Upon A Time instead *blargh*

Maybe the WB movie will at least be good.

DA: Inquisition. Just killed my first dragon with this character. Forgot how long and drawn out dragon fighting was.

• Like 1

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Finished Revelations 2, got the "good" ending. Might go through again to get the other one. Also did some raid mode stuff, but that seems to just be run-and-gun so, meh (though that time I ran out of ammo was kinda fun).

It gets a lot tougher on higher levels, enemies can give you a run for your money. :) (Though I channel my inner Scottsman and don't upgrade my guns with parts, so there's that.)