Normally I incite the drunks to attack Aloth and get three sets of clothes that way. Not really for the sake of the clothes, but I feel like I missed out on diamonds or something now that I didn't do it. I'm running unarmored glass cannon DPS but I just can't find any clothes for them to wear, if not for the sake of enchantments then at least for decency. I'm sure I could get them easily by killing peasants but I don't want to antagonize anyone over them.

I'll happily slay backers though, but surely there's somewhere I can buy them. Surely. RIGHT?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

No tailors in PoE as far as I've found. I went for the longest time looking for something nice to wear until I found out that there just isn't any (if you're a male). There's a very limited selection of clothing in the game and it looks arbitrarily different depending on if you're male or female, and I've seen very, very, very little clothes drop from enemies.

Come to think of it, I can only specifically remember one "enemy" (it's optional) dropping a set of clothes (Vailian Clothing). Other than that I think I've just found Dyrwoodan Clothing and Dyrwoodan Fur (also called "Dyrwoodan Clothing", but it looks different).

t50aJUd.jpg

Thanks. Two more backers added to the regular kill list, and my party's decency score has skyrocketed. A good day.

My Deadfire mods

When you get to Defiance Bay, you can steal different types of clothing from the brothel (upstairs at least, if I remember correctly).

Mostly all look very dull, though. And one can only hope those aren't some leftovers from customers, wouldn't want to catch any nasty surprises... :unsure:

Edited by KirsiF

In the first Keep you attack/sneak into (Raedric's), on the top floor there's the robes you use as a disguise so the monks/templars don't attack you. As far as I can remember they're the best clothes in the game stats wise:

2DR

0% Penalty

Normally I incite the drunks to attack Aloth and get three sets of clothes that way. Not really for the sake of the clothes, but I feel like I missed out on diamonds or something now that I didn't do it. I'm running unarmored glass cannon DPS but I just can't find any clothes for them to wear, if not for the sake of enchantments then at least for decency. I'm sure I could get them easily by killing peasants but I don't want to antagonize anyone over them.

I'll happily slay backers though, but surely there's somewhere I can buy them. Surely. RIGHT?

You can hire level 1 mercs and kill them for their clothes...  The monk comes to mind.

• Like 1

I don't see why anyone would want to wear clothing over robes... surely a 15% recovery speed penalty is worth something like "Gwisk Glas" 9DR, Grants Second Chance, +2 Might. The best you could enchant clothing would be +6 DR, +2 Attribute, +Element-Specific DR... Either way you miss out on unique armour-specific buffs that you can't get through enchanting as there are no sets of clothing in game with anything unique on them AFAIK.

I don't see why anyone would want to wear clothing over robes... surely a 15% recovery speed penalty is worth something like "Gwisk Glas" 9DR, Grants Second Chance, +2 Might. The best you could enchant clothing would be +6 DR, +2 Attribute, +Element-Specific DR... Either way you miss out on unique armour-specific buffs that you can't get through enchanting as there are no sets of clothing in game with anything unique on them AFAIK.

Almost all of the buffs you can find which are unique on armor can be found on other slots and don't come at a 15% or higher recovery cost. There's a ring that gives +1 to 3 stats and second chance. 15% recovery speed penalty is still significant and in every case I've seen more significant than the offensive boost you can get from clothing. Even the padded armor that gives sneak attack bonus damage isnt really worth it, especially when you could instead use Glanfathan Hunting Boots which give the same bonus without the recovery penalty.

Almost all of the buffs you can find which are unique on armor can be found on other slots and don't come at a 15% or higher recovery cost. There's a ring that gives +1 to 3 stats and second chance. 15% recovery speed penalty is still significant and in every case I've seen more significant than the offensive boost you can get from clothing. Even the padded armor that gives sneak attack bonus damage isnt really worth it, especially when you could instead use Glanfathan Hunting Boots which give the same bonus without the recovery penalty.

The +1 ring to 3 stats is nice with second chance, but +1 stats don't stack with +2 stats, nor do 2 x +1 stats = +2 stats so if you want +2 in a single stat, the bonuses from this ring become moot other than the second chance ability, which if built in to a unique armor stat can free up an entire slot for some other unique ability, particularly in the case of ring where unique abilities are abundant. IMO it's all about stacking as many uniques into as few a slots as possible to optimise your character. 15% recovery speed is almost negligable in this regard, particularly on a character with 20+ dex anyway (or am I wrong about this last point... which begs the question... what is the difference between recovery speed and action speed gained by dex?

In the first Keep you attack/sneak into (Raedric's), on the top floor there's the robes you use as a disguise so the monks/templars don't attack you. As far as I can remember they're the best clothes in the game stats wise:

2DR

0% Penalty

Interesting catch, but they actually had 5% penalty. Upon checking the vendor to whom I had sold them, I noticed I'd also unloaded a dozen sets of simple clothing on her. Now to figure out where I got that to avoid this problem in the future :z

My Deadfire mods

The +1 ring to 3 stats is nice with second chance, but +1 stats don't stack with +2 stats, nor do 2 x +1 stats = +2 stats so if you want +2 in a single stat, the bonuses from this ring become moot other than the second chance ability, which if built in to a unique armor stat can free up an entire slot for some other unique ability, particularly in the case of ring where unique abilities are abundant. IMO it's all about stacking as many uniques into as few a slots as possible to optimise your character. 15% recovery speed is almost negligable in this regard, particularly on a character with 20+ dex anyway (or am I wrong about this last point... which begs the question... what is the difference between recovery speed and action speed gained by dex?

The stats on the ring are fairly unimportant and on melee dps, the main party member who might want second chance, there are few rings competing for the spot. Whether or not the 15% is negligible is beside the point since the defensive gain is even more negligible on a dps character. Unless you have trouble keeping your casters alive, which is frankly very easy versus everything but teleporting mobs, there's no reason to bother with a defensive unique like second chance on a caster, and there are few to no uniques that are actually offensively relevant, especially ones that are not more useful on other spots. Something like Aloth's armor might be worth it in the early game on casters, due to their limited early game casts, but outside of that there's not much that would actually benefit caster or a melee dps, and almost certainly not more than losing the armor penalty benefits them.

Edited by SilchasRuin

Tsk. This is what happens when there's no XP for combat: people start killing for clothes. When will they ever learn?

Actually it's what happens when there are no clothes for sale :p

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods

Just get the six Berathian robes from Raedric's keep - they are readily accessible with a minimum of combat if you climb the wall, look pretty good, and have 2DR with a 5% recovery penalty. Surely 5% recovery penalty is a small price to pay not to look like a random peasant or villager.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

I'm wondering why there aren't any cod pieces? It seems like a huge lapse in attention to detail. My rogue character feels almost naked walking around without his warm leather cod piece of +4 might.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."