What are you playing now?

I headed back to my stronghold to see the repairs I've made and decided to go back down to the Paths of Od Nua.  I cleared out level 3, which gave me trouble before; turns out that a couple levels and some better equipment make a good bit of difference.  I then went down to level 4 and cleared that out, it was significantly easier than level 3.  Now I'm ready to head to level 5.  Once I clear level 5 I'll go back up to the surface then back to Defiance Bay where I hope to finally finish Act 2.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Started the Witcher, figured that I may as well play through both one and two before the Wild Hunt is released, have a nice, perfect save export available. I still am left in amazement at what CDPR did with the absolutely hideous NWN engine, it boggles the mind that they made such a beautiful gameworld out of such a graphically unappealing one. The amount of life squeezed into the world boggles the mind as well, rats underfoot, birds in the bushes, dozens of NPC's going about their business, and that strange little capering monkey that follows one around in various places.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Pillars was too bland , did two playthroughs, now Im playing Daggerfall and Outcast (awesome adventure game)

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

So I picked up the 2012 XCOM for like 7€ from the Gamersgate sale. Good thing I'm a cheap bastard, because I'm less than 4 hours in and I'm already hating it. Random thoughts:

- Does this mind-numbing sequence they call "tutorial" ever end? (y/n)

- Is there any reason (other than "because **** YOU") why aliens always get a free move when they are spotted, interrupting my turn?

- Why don't soldiers *stop* advancing if they spot an alien instead of constantly ending up standing in the open, like in the old XCOM?

- Why drop the action points/stamina system in favor of this either/or "fire or move" bull****?

- Lying prone or kneeling down is so 20th century. In future warfare we facetank plasma fire. Like a boss, YOLO, etc.

**** this ****. I'm not a cranky old fart shaking my cane at new stuff. It's that new stuff is objectively worse than old stuff. Yeah, that's what I get for trying a console strategy game. Back to Brutal Doom.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The free move in Xcom by the aliens is lame, but the game would be super easy without it.  They are always grouped up when you come across them, so imagine how easy it would be to take them down with grenades.  You wouldn't even need guns!  It's basically a design issue.  

I finished Act 2 in Pillars!  It only took me 71+ hours to do it.   :wowey:  The best part is that the next place I'm going is right back into the Paths of Od Nua.  Time to descend to level 6 and beyond.   I'm hoping to go through levels 6&7, then head back to the surface and to

Twin Elms

to pick the main story back up.  I'll come back a bit later, probably when I ascend to level 10, to do levels 8 of the Paths and below. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Having fun just driving around in GTA5. I die so much. I fall off cliffs, fall off buildings, crash my high speed cars head on with trucks, get beat up by kids with skateboards (that actually happened) but it's still such a damn joy just to roam the world.

I've done two missions so far, I think. Maybe three. A testament to how well designed a game is when you don't even need the missions to have fun.

Won my first race too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I spent many many hours in GTA games just doing crazy stunts.  San Andreas was the ultimate for that because there were spots in the San Francisco clone city where you could catch RIDICULOUS air.  Good times.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I finished Act 2 in Pillars!  It only took me 71+ hours to do it.   wowey4.gif  The best part is that the next place I'm going is right back into the Paths of Od Nua.  Time to descend to level 6 and beyond.   I'm hoping to go through levels 6&7, then head back to the surface and to

Twin Elms

to pick the main story back up.  I'll come back a bit later, probably when I ascend to level 10, to do levels 8 of the Paths and below.

The hell are you doing that is taking so long ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The free move in Xcom by the aliens is lame, but the game would be super easy without it.  They are always grouped up when you come across them, so imagine how easy it would be to take them down with grenades.  You wouldn't even need guns!  It's basically a design issue.  

Well, what's the point of taking the initiative then. That was never a problem in the old XCOM games as aliens would be around the map slaughtering civilians or simply roaming, not just sitting around bunched up waiting to be "revealed".

It's very much my fault, though. I should have researched the game before getting it. Looks like the game I want is actually Xenonauts. :banghead:

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's funny when they spawn inside your squad's deployment circle :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The hell are you doing that is taking so long ? :p

I play super duper slow.  It's one of the reasons I don't play RTSs, as I have neither the skill, nor desire, to do fast paced micro and macro managing in real-time.  I like to take my sweet ass time.  Also, I read everything, and I mean everything.  In Skyrim, when I first got to Whiterun, I literally spent several hours straight reading every single book in Dragonsreach.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I took 51 hours at a leisurely pace, though I must say the last 7 were just knocking stuff of a list. Didn't clear out two zones though, whoops. I can see if you read everything adding a lot to the time though, I only read the books that caught my eye on the titles (actually, kept marking some read later but never got around to it, hah).

Playing more D3 while I work on other stuff and decide on what to play next, have to also figure out how to download Witcher 3 with my bandwidth cap.

Well I finally finished Pillars. I still had the last few bounties and the 2nd half of the Endless Paths dungeon to do, but by then I was so Op'd for Normal difficulty that I just went "screw it" and ran to the finish line. I can always reload an older save to check out the rest, if I don't get that far again with other chrs. Anyway, I liked the very end section...was fun and the companion comments/dialogues were nice to go through. Total time listed on the save file: about 71 hours. Ended game with about 80k in funds left.

But I'd like to say, that putting a certain fun item in the game at the very end so you only get to use it briefly, is kind of ... not fun. Come on, could've put it in a little sooner.

Not sure if I want to play more Pillars (mostly to goof off, not serious playthrus) or move on to something else for a while.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's very much my fault, though. I should have researched the game before getting it. Looks like the game I want is actually Xenonauts. 

Oh yes, much better than Xcom - but for all of Xcoms faults it's a very polished and likeable game, something Firaxis does very well. They've become a little too arcady for my taste, but that seems to be their goal.

Edit: playing Endless Legend - Amplitude are pretty good at making these games.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm surprised by how easy many of the levels of the Paths of Od Nua have been.  I've cleared levels 1-7 completely and I plan to return to go deeper in the near future.  So far, level 3 was by far the most challenging level.  Levels 4, 5, 6, and 7 have been a cakewalk, by comparison.  Hopefully level 8 and beyond gets more challenging.  Anyway, off to

Twin Elms

I go to continue the main story.

I also have been playing a bit of Age of Wonders 3, now that the Linux build is out in the wild.  I haven't played many 4X games in the past few years, but it's like riding a bike.  Plus, AoW3 isn't too dissimilar to Civ5, which is the 4X I had most recently played previously.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finishing up a replay of Primordia, which remains one of the best adventure games ever made. It's so sad to me that such a gem remains fairly unknown when compared to some of the golden oldies. I guess it maybe speaks a bit to how interest in classic adventure-gaming may have waned a bit, or at least that the games struggled to find an audience for a while. Because Primordia is really among the best there is, it's fantastic.

Other than that, I'm starting up Sleeping Dogs for the first time. Have had in my STEAM library for a long while now but never got around to playing it. Got kinda excited now that GTAV is out, but of course I won't be able to run that very well on my old piece of crap so I figured I'd try Sleeping Dogs for maybe something vaguely similar at least.

Seems fun so far, liking the combat system.

• Like 2

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Playing Skyrim. I'm at one of my favorite places to explore, Blackreach.

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Playing Skyrim. I'm at one of my favorite places to explore, Blackreach.

Skyrim keeps calling me back even though I've seen 90% of everything.  At least once a week I get the impulse to install an Elder Scrolls game...I sometimes think I've got an addiction  :blink:

• Like 1