What are you playing now?

Recently played and completed Lunar the Silver Star and Lunar Eternal Blue on Sega Mega CD.

I liked them a lot, the mood is very nice and they are a bit impressive for what the Sega Mega CD could show.

Unfortunately, I still am not able to play video games these days, so no Pillars for me, yet. :(

Getting a bit bored of PoE. I find the writing generally good with some dry spots, but the combat is much too repetitive.

I think at this stage I feel it's a game I might/could play once or twice a year over a few years, to try out different parties or just because ... but still not one I can replay lots of times all in a row. Definitely don't care about becoming "expert" at all the minute details of stats/mechanics/builds. Altho in truth I rarely do that anymore anyway.

...finally went back to the Endless Paths. At lvl 9, lvl5-7 was a cakewalk. Wonder how far I'll go before I get stomped again. Dungeon lvl 11 maybe? wink.png

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Found myself fast forwarding through dialouge, mainly the main quest stuff because I was tired of getting fed everything in tiny pieces, but to be honest I did that a few times with Planescape Torment as well. In PST the Dionarah storyline, which is kinda - sorta similar, felt like you were unraveling a mystery. There were plently of times in PST where you were forced to go through rather lengthy complicated main story dialouge, but they were with different characters and it was a different piece of the puzzle each time. PoE on the other hand, a little too much of the same thing spread too thin. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I only skim such dialogues, unless something about it is of big interest to me, like it's a companion I like. For me tho it's more about ... well, it's not actually like reading a book, in games. I read info, then do lots of quests/combats, then some npc starts babbling and making references to stuff that I suppose other npc's have told me of, but that I've already forgotten about. tongue.png

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I read everything, and I mean everything, even flavor text on mundane items, fully.  That's how I roll.  That's also why I'm at 48 hours+ and not to Act 3 yet.  :lol:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I reached Twin Elms a couple of days ago but life is getting in the way.  I'll probably plough my way through the end of the game next week but I've left so much stuff to do and read on the replay.  Really though I can't finish the game until I learn everything about Waidwen and the Godhammer bomb, dunno why but that bit of lore intrigues me.

I read everything, and I mean everything, even flavor text on mundane items, fully.  That's how I roll.  That's also why I'm at 48 hours+ and not to Act 3 yet.  :lol:

Oh I open all books and click all chat options, I just don't ... read them with super concentration, since I just forget it all after the next combat or two. There was a couple of lore tomes that had stories I liked enough to focus on them enough to remember I liked them, but not enough to quote them or their titles even. ;)

Oh I open all books and click all chat options, I just don't ... read them with super concentration, since I just forget it all after the next combat or two. There was a couple of lore tomes that had stories I liked enough to focus on them enough to remember I liked them, but not enough to quote them or their titles even. ;)

You're an oddity.

I really wondered why so much time would be wasting developing such in game lore that had no relevance to the main plot. I guess it's for people like you.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Rolled a Moon Godlike 19 Mighty Monk for a concurrent playthrough. She pummeled the bear in the bear cave, unlike my paladin who was mauled to death in two paw swipes. Just finished Gilded Vale and the temple ... wailed through Shadows like they were napping Caspers.  

All Stop. On Screen.

You're an oddity.

I really wondered why so much time would be wasting developing such in game lore that had no relevance to the main plot. I guess it's for people like you.

I've read all the BG2 books at some time or another. History of the Dead Three was always my favorite - Jergal becoming tired of his godhood and giving it away to Bhaal, Myrkul, and...Bane?...via a game of seeing who can throw a lich's head the farthest or some such. Good times, :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I skim the books, but I still read through a ton of the lore, particularly letters.  I eat it up.  I absolutely love the world Obsidian created, it is way better than Tamriel and the Dragon Age one.  I'd probably say it in of par with Forgotten Realms for me.

I do like the letters you find along the way, like bits of diaries of adventurer's who's luck ran out.

You're an oddity.

I've read all the BG2 books at some time or another. History of the Dead Three was always my favorite - Jergal becoming tired of his godhood and giving it away to Bhaal, Myrkul, and...Bane?...via a game of seeing who can throw a lich's head the farthest or some such. Good times, :)

I think it was rolling dice, but the only things I clearly remember are

(1)Bane was the warrior, Myrkul the mage, and Bhaal the assassin or thief

(2) Bhaal got terrible thirds and the other two got btfo

(3)Malar shows up and misses out

Bane?

3d0.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I scooped up Shadowgate while it was on sale from GOG.  Curiously enough, while I grew up on point & click adventure games and love them dearly, I never actually played this game back in the day, which is weird since it came out around the time I was all about adventure games.  I may use Shadowgate to break up my Pillars playing time a bit.  I'm still playing PoE and thoroughly enjoying it, I'm some 50 hours in now, but I need something for a change of pace once in a while.  A guy can only eat the same meal so many times in a row, even if it is his favorite dish, before he wants something else just for a change of pace.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Completed Act II in PoE and I had the "Kill 1200 enemies" achievement long before the act was over. It is starting to get a bit easy now that I am at level 10. Od Nua is still a bit challenging, I guess. Hard difficulty was hard at first, but not so much later on.

I'm not sure what I will do for my next playthrough. I'm probably going to give triple crown a shot.

Pillars.  Did pretty much everything in and around Dyrford.  Met some people that were less than on the level; discovered nefarious plans; carved a path of blood through some cultists; made some decisions.  Now I'm going to see if there's anything beyond Dyrford Crossing, then back to Defiance Bay I go to pick the main storyline back up.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Beat Pre-Sequel. The base game was pretty meh, but Claptastic Voyage was fantastic.

On to Bloodborne.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got my PoE box and it's all very splendid and mighty but it does feel a bit empty.  A big fat manual or some kind of art book would have helped but compared to something like the New Vegas collectors edition it seems pointlessly huge.

At least the shirt fits and the mouse pad is decent  :p

My energy for getting to the end of PoE is flagging. Not because I'm not enjoying it, it's just because ... that's I how I roll these days. :(

...even 7 Days to Die is going to morph into Alpha 12 before I get back around to it. Heh.

• Like 1

Got my PoE box and it's all very splendid and mighty but it does feel a bit empty.  A big fat manual or some kind of art book would have helped but compared to something like the New Vegas collectors edition it seems pointlessly huge.

At least the shirt fits and the mouse pad is decent  tongue.png

For me the lack of the game in the box made me laugh a bit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra