What are you playing now?

I'm definitely satisfied with PoE. I may complain about some stuff/think it has some faults, but it doesn't mean I'm not having fun/don't like it. I'd probably give it an 7.5/10 for its genre. And that coming from someone who really no longer really plays these types of games anymore.

...the Fast mode is really spoiling me, however. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play another top-down party-rpg without it. Like walking in Diablo1 vs. running in Diablo2. :biggrin:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's why I use Cheat Engine's program speed setting hotkeys for pretty much all my SP games. Life is short enough - let's get through the banal stuff in this stuff quickly. ;)

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Finished my second play through of InFamous Second Son, this time choosing all the "evil" options.  Now that I've satisfied the completionist in me, it's time to move on to a new game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finally beat Thaos with my craptastic party honestly, worked like a WoW fight, go go Off tanks and Durancce. Had to make 2 other hirelings for DPS, rather liked the rogue.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had to make 2 other hirelings for DPS, rather liked the rogue.

Made a rogue in my game too, she does some serious damage - I like that they are squishy but so deadly if you manouver them right.

Fortune favors the bald.

Think I'll do my next run as a rogue, see how that goes. The Barbarian was not as impressive as I had hoped, but perhaps I had crap gear (Blade of the Endless Paths was very underwhelming :p)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've started doing the Paths of Od Nua.  I've cleared the first 2 levels...  Then I saw that sacrifice pit with all the blood all around it.  Naturally, I climbed right in there, after saving, of course, and hopped to the bottom.  Mistake.  Turns out, climbing into the bloody sacrificial pit after a pair of spirits warn you to turn back and jumping down into the pool of blood and mangled limbs is not an wise course of action, not at level 6, anyway.  Good times.  :biggrin:

Next order of business is going down to level 3...  via the stairs, like a sane person.  :p

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing as Claptrap in Pre-Sequel. I love this guy, but he feels really fragile sometimes. Maybe that's just because his subroutines select shotgun or melee and make me want to charge at everyone head on.

And the verticality and movement of the spaces make the boss fights a bit more hectic and uncontrollable.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Aloth and Eder's exchanges re: Aloth's "condition" crack me up more and more. Both the quest related to it (which is HILARIOUS) and the little sidelines they pop up with while walking around. I don't care about Aloth as a wizard, but I can't get rid of him because of this feature between them. :lol:

Went back to Defiance Bay and think I'm getting close to finishing most obvious quests there, so am going back to Dyrwood to finish those (and the Main quest). I have a very haphazard way of doing things. I seem to have Assassins trying to murder me as I walk about Defiance town now. Not sure why, guess they don't like my hero reps maybe. Whatever, they aren't a problem.

Next order of business is going down to level 3...  via the stairs, like a sane person.  :p

Have fun. That level nearly destroyed me at lvl4 or 5. Maybe you'll have better luck. I still haven't gone to do lvl lvl 4 in there.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

**** it, going to jump into PoE this weekend. Is the IE mod worth using?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Just a note: if you like to travel maps by opening the area/world map, clicking on an area and then waiting for the green circles travel there while leaving the 'world map' still open, you'll miss most of the flavor companion exchanges because of how they just suddenly mouth off/text pops up over their heads at trigger points/occasions. I've gotten new ones in the same areas, at different times, so they're not just 1st-time-you-arrive one-offs.

Aloth and Eder's exchanges re: Aloth's "condition" crack me up more and more. Both the quest related to it (which is HILARIOUS) and the little sidelines they pop up with while walking around. I don't care about Aloth as a wizard, but I can't get rid of him because of this feature between them. :lol:

Went back to Defiance Bay and think I'm getting close to finishing most obvious quests there, so am going back to Dyrwood to finish those (and the Main quest). I have a very haphazard way of doing things. I seem to have Assassins trying to murder me as I walk about Defiance town now. Not sure why, guess they don't like my hero reps maybe. Whatever, they aren't a problem.

Have fun. That level nearly destroyed me at lvl4 or 5. Maybe you'll have better luck. I still haven't gone to do lvl lvl 4 in there.

Some of the banter in the game is really great. I also love the ones between Edér and Aloth... Edér just can't let the issue go, haha. Durance also pesters Aloth about it, poor guy.

I'm doing a replay of PoE. First time around was a sorta smart-ass (but ultimately good) Orlan Cipher with the Philosopher background (pissed off the Priesthood).

This time around I'm playing a Pale Elf Priest of Skaen (Theology background). The game is *largely* the same but there are plenty of little changes here and there that sorta... I dunno, reinforces your character. I feel like I can actually roleplay here even though there aren't any *huge* choices and & consequences. It kinda reminds me of Alpha Protocol in some ways, the way you can twist the narrative to your own liking kinda.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

A very good point - it's really well illustrated with the Paladin classes I think, you're not shoehorned into a alignment, but rather behavior.. you can play a universally loved and/or respected evil character, because you are the one bringing the motivation to the table. Not the game dictating it.

Something I actually really admire the game for, it's not perfectly implemented, but it's the best I've seen in an RPG.

Fortune favors the bald.

Picked up the combo pack on sale, so now I'm playing some Metro 2033.  Good atmosphere, and relatively fun combat (typical FPS shooter, of course).  Can't comment on story yet since I'm so early in.

I attempted to play it with Russian dialogue and English text/subtitles, but found it too difficult to follow.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Picked up the combo pack on sale, so now I'm playing some Metro 2033.  Good atmosphere, and relatively fun combat (typical FPS shooter, of course).  Can't comment on story yet since I'm so early in.

I attempted to play it with Russian dialogue and English text/subtitles, but found it too difficult to follow.

I also think the random banter around you isn't subtitled (unless they changed that in the Redux versions) and quite a bit of it is pretty good. (if not for that I'd probably have played it in Russian with English subtitles)

Personally game-hopping a bit, mostly playing PoE though with some Diablo 3 and EVE mixed in. The Gog reclaim thing also has me a bit itchy for some S.T.A.L.K.E.R. such a shame that it's unlikely we'll ever see a second installment sad.png

Edited by marelooke

Despite playing out my story in PoE right now, i bought Grey Goo, which to my surprise is a really good RTS with an interesting story and a proof that Blizzard with their high budgets is not the only one to make high quality cinematics. If you like RTS games in a more traditional way, its worth checking out ;)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

I've decided not to use the stash anymore in Poe, the loot hoovering was just a tiresome chore, i'm considerably poorer I assume but as yet i'm not making any large purchases or finding any large expenses as I don't use camp supplies excessively either. I'm wondering whether i'll be able to afford the stronghold, though any homebase will suffice really.

Edit: I'd personally like Survival to eliminate supplies in appropriate areas.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So the paladin (I think?) companion was still nowhere to be found ... then I finally did some little quest related to that building where she showed up initially, and towards the end of that she popped in out of nowhere to be a part of it. Then she went to stand outside of said building and seems to remain there forever now, if I don't recruit her. An odd way to do things. What if one never did/accepted that quest? Then she's just gone forever?

But good to know in case you accidentally say no to her initial approach - she does come back. If you do that quest anyway.

Hm. I only saw an option to dump current party members into the Stronghold in favor of a new, which I thought meant I'd have to trek back to the Stronghold to switch them out again. Probably just missed seeing a button or something like that.

Anyway I mostly didn't pick her up then because she force-encounter ambushed me in the middle of me wanting to travel here to there for a quest and I didn't want to spend time talking to her yet. >.>

No, I think you're probably right - it certainly makes sense. I likely just misinterpreted the way that roster menu works. I do stuff like that more and more often these days. :)

I also think the random banter around you isn't subtitled (unless they changed that in the Redux versions) and quite a bit of it is pretty good. (if not for that I'd probably have played it in Russian with English subtitles)

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I went back to English language.  The banter you hear from the random groups of characters sitting around chatting isn't subtitled, so you don't know what they're saying.

• Like 1