New Real Time With Pause Dungeons & Dragons RPG - SWORD COAST LEGENDS

Infinitron

But worse story, writing, combat, character system, gameplay, toolset, etc., etc.

The one thing they seemed to have got right are the companions.

And, oh, DWARVES.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wonder who is more obsessed, me about orcs or Volo about dwarves?  :lol:

With that in mind, no playable orcs...  not even half-orcs.  ;(   They better put out an orc-themed DLC, otherwise, opportunity wasted.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Seems very Dragon Age: Origins inspired, even down to the soundtrack, whether that is a good thing...

Little too dark for my taste however.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Seems very Dragon Age: Origins inspired, even down to the soundtrack, whether that is a good thing...

Little too dark for my taste however.

Good thing in my book considering DA:O was one of my favorite CRPGs.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

On a one hand I'd love to play the D&D game again, on the other hand, this game deviates too far from the D&D game to be considered one...

Why did they have to butcher the D&D combat and create some Diablosque/MMO CoolDown based one?

It would be better if they would not use the D&D franchise for it. just sayin'

• Like 1

The guy playing the DM here is the Dragon Age 2 of DMs, just spawning enemies out of nowhere around the players.  Rest assured, if I DM in this game I won't be pulling that crap.  :lol:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sooo, any bets on how long before it will be free to play. 

To the best of my knowledge, this doesn't have a subscription fee to begin with.  As for the game becoming completely free, you can wait a year or two and get it at 75% off on a Steam sale after the base price has dropped and it will be almost free, like with most other games.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

SP might be a passable on eplay through but otherwise this game reeks of POR2itis. So desperate to be 1st' for 5E that it is doing/going to do a real crap job. Limited races, limited classes, limited everything. Even the toolset is extremely limited.

I have to hope that at least the SP is at least mildly entertaining.

this game reeks of POR2itis. 

?

What does that mean?

I imagine more classes and races and other stuff will be added in future DLCs/expansions, assuming the game sells well enough to warrant them.  The lack of orcs (or even half-orcs) as a playable race is something I hope gets addressed in a DLC.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"What does that mean?"

It means to be in a rush to be first out for a new DnD edition and cutting corners in order to do it so you flat out bomb.

"I imagine more classes and races and other stuff will be added in future DLCs/expansions, assuming the game sells well enough to warrant them.  The lack of orcs (or even half-orcs) as a playable race is something I hope gets addressed in a DLC."

\

I imagine they are losing sales because they decided to cut corners so it might not even get a chance to add them. Plus, paying for DLC so you can have missing basic races and classes is uncool.

I doubt it'll bomb as bad as POR2 because POR2 had lots more competition but no doubt they are hurting their chances to be a NWN successsor which is their goal. I know when I first ehard of the game I was MEGA excited about it. Now, not so much. I pretty much pre order all legit DnD games - including POR2 which was a HUGE mistake - and, I'm certainly not doing it here. I don't know if I'll buy it new or wait til the price drop. This product reeks of iffy quality because of the ignorance of the creators ala POR2 and even TOEE 9whcih was passably decent largely due to great work on the character system).

Disclaimer: POR2 = Pools of Radiance 2. First 3E edition RPG, which, to put mildly, sucked walrus balls.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Disclaimer: POR2 = Pools of Radiance 2. First 3E edition RPG, which, to put mildly, sucked walrus balls.

Thanks, Mamo, that's what I wanted to know.  I never played the Pools of Radiance remake/reboot/re-whatever, so no comment on it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Can't the GM craft an adventure/campaign before the players begin the  game? This spur of the moment in game design seems extremely counter intuitive.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Can't the GM craft an adventure/campaign before the players begin the  game? This spur of the moment in game design seems extremely counter intuitive.

They can and they do, but you can also alter stuff on the fly, which is what's shown here.  I'm speaking from very limited experience, I only GM'd a very small number of times in my PnP days, I was mostly a player, but when I did GM I would make little adjustments to the adventure on the fly to offer the right amount of challenge to the players.  That's the idea here.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well at least you can make an adventure before hand then, that's one saving grace.

Tea for the teapot!